The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What Was Your First Canucks Game?

thejazz97

Hi this is my first post, my first Canuck game was on March,25, 1973 it was a Sunday afternoon game , the Canucks won 7-4, against the Toronto Maple Leafs. I was playing minor hockey in Chilliwack and one of the other kids dad had 5 or 6 tickets and my name was drawn out of a hat, I was 11 years old. I still remember watching the Canucks there first season, I had a shoppers drug mart poster calendar every year. I recorded all the scores, and listened to every game on CKNW, there wasn't many on TV back then, once a week if we were lucky. I live in the interior of BC now and recently went to the March 17 game against the Flyers, this was my first game in 15 years. I am still a loyal fan .

I was around 12 I think. Went to a Red Wings @ Canucks game. 12th row. My little brother was a gigantic Federov fan, and he made a sign for him and we went down to the glass for the pre-game skate and had it up against the glass. Got smiles and nods from Yzerman, Lidstrom, Shanahan... Federov never even looked our way. Never seen a kid cry so much in my life

What a baby

Hi this is my first post, my first Canuck game was on March,25, 1973 it was a Sunday afternoon game , the Canucks won 7-4, against the Toronto Maple Leafs. I was playing minor hockey in Chilliwack and one of the other kids dad had 5 or 6 tickets and my name was drawn out of a hat, I was 11 years old. I still remember watching the Canucks there first season, I had a shoppers drug mart poster calendar every year. I recorded all the scores, and listened to every game on CKNW, there wasn't many on TV back then, once a week if we were lucky. I live in the interior of BC now and recently went to the March 17 game against the Flyers, this was my first game in 15 years. I am still a loyal fan .

Welcome RJ! Hopefully you stick around and don't allow yourself to be chased off by some of the more "difficult" fans on here. I've baled out twice before but I have vowed this time around that my love of the Nucks will overpower my hatred of CDC stupidity. Two rules that seem to be the most important on here (more vital than any point you may have to make):

1/ use spell check (this will aid in keeping the post counts down of the various "English Teachers" on here) and

2/ for the love of all that is pure and holy make sure that you search to see if a topic has already been started before you start a similar one, lest you be punished by all the wanna-be mods.

And don't let the children on here bother you too much, they're easy to spot...they're the ones who have little to offer other than unsubstantiated criticism and like totes brewtl grammmer.

Anyways I mostly jest...I think you'll find 99% of the folks on here to be pretty dang awesome...afterall, if you're a Nucks fan you're already better than 99% of the earth's population!

Archived