The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Wow, I Never Thought That I Would Be Temporarily Ashamed To Be A Sabres Fan

Buffalo fans are some of the best in sports, but what happened at First Niagara Center tonight was classless and showed a huge lack of respect for the people who are on the ice giving it their all. I may be pro-tanking, but the "fans" in the building hit an all-time slimy low.

I'm embarrassed and ashamed. It would suck, but would be very karmic if whichever player the Sabres end up with, McDavid or Eichel, ends up being a giant bust.

Sit in your seat, watch the game, and keep your mouth shut when the other team scores, whether you wanted them to score or not. Classless.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/mike-weber-expresses-frustration-after-sabres-fans-cheer-loss-to-coyotes-video-030414832.html

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/26/coyotes-win-against-sabres-in-ot/related/

I wouldn't be too hard on the fans there tonight. After all, look at what the team has put them through the past few seasons.

Having a potential saviour is a light at the end of the tunnel for those long-suffering fans and in my view their cheering is simply being excited about what the future of that team looks like.

I wouldn't be too hard on the fans there tonight. After all, look at what the team has put them through the past few seasons.

Having a potential saviour is a light at the end of the tunnel for those long-suffering fans and in my view their cheering is simply being excited about what the future of that team looks like.

I'm glad that the dimwits who were cheering were at least not dumb enough to boo the Sabres' goals.

Weber had a vacant look in his eyes during his locker room interview. According to reporters, he was pretty upset when he first got back into the room.

Are you really that upset over this?

This is not a surprising occurrence.

Cheering against your own team at your home arena is despicable behavior. Show the guys playing on the team some respect and hold your cheers for after you have left the arena. I agree with Sabrefan1, I would be ashamed if any of my team's fans behaved this way. I have no problem with fans cheering for the tank, do it from the couch at home not in your own barn.

You know, there is nothing more demoralizing to a player then having your own fans turn on you. I remember back when Lu came to town, and the idiots at Rogers cheered louder for him than their own team, the same fans who cheered when he was yanked. It's demoralizing to these guys, especially when you're already as low as Buffalo. The fans should be ashamed.

Yeah that's pretty harsh as a player. But hey give it a couple years and they'll be a team on rise.

Half the guys on the team won't be there next year when the savior gets to town. They could could care less if t its McDavid, Eichel or Hanifin.

Keep rewarding failure and this is what u will get. I am pretty sure if this was battle for relegation crowd would have reacted differently

What do you suggest then? The draft is the only way of achieving long term success for many teams in the NHL. At least 4-5 teams would fold if the prevalent idea on these forums (getting rid of the the weighted lottery) would take effect. How is a team like the Arizona Coyotes supposed to get better if they cannot sign free agents, cannot retain their players to budgetary restrictions. Its a fine idea if every team were already on equal footing financially but that isn't the case.

The exact same debate happened at the start of the year in the NBA and the owners realized what getting rid of the weighted lottery would mean for smaller markets. I don't even know why fans care so much about tanking, how many teams that have won 1st overall have actually ended up winning Cup in the Cap era. Edmonton has 3 of them on their roster and still can't make it work.

It would suck, but would be very karmic if whichever player the Sabres end up with, McDavid or Eichel, ends up being a giant bust.

Or McDavid refuses to sign there,..a la Eric Lindros,...which may not be such a terrible thing.

The compensation package for Lindros helped the re-located Quebec Nordiques win the Colorado Avalanche their 1st ever Stanley Cup in their 1st year of existance. Just wrong, that.

Half the guys on the team won't be there next year when the savior gets to town. They could could care less if t its McDavid, Eichel or Hanifin.

Edmonton has 3 of them on their roster and still can't make it work.

I think you meant Dylan Strome. The Sabres are all set with defencemen. Strome was this season's OHL scoring champion. He will sooner, rather than later, be a #1 NHL Centre, but he isn't as good as McEichel.

Edmonton is horribly run by incompetent people and Yakupov is a giant bust who didn't live up to his billing. Other clubs like the Blackhawks and the Penguins became champions mostly through the draft.

Or McDavid refuses to sign there,..a la Eric Lindros,...which may not be such a terrible thing.

The compensation package for Lindros helped the re-located Quebec Nordiques win the Colorado Avalanche their 1st ever Stanley Cup in their 1st year of existance. Just wrong, that.

I remember. It was hilarious and sad all at the same time. I felt bad for the frmr. Nordiques fans.

Also, the only time the Sabres were lucky in a lottery, was against a team with as much bad luck as them. The Vancouver Canucks. Gilbert Perrault is still the greatest Sabre to ever play.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that Eichel and not McDavid will be a Sabre. Eichel would fetch a pretty good price on the open market as well if he refused to sign.

I'm glad that the dimwits who were cheering were at least not dumb enough to boo the Sabres' goals.

Weber had a vacant look in his eyes during his locker room interview. According to reporters, he was pretty upset when he first got back into the room.

Good on him for standing up for himself and his teammates. Sucks when you're trying your best every night and both your own fans and your own managers want you to lose.

I've never had a good experience at a Sabres game, no offence to you personally. I live in Toronto so when the Canucks are in Buffalo I often grab tickets. I've never been treated well, the fans in my sections have always been obnoxious. One time coming into the building a guy shoved my wife. If it was a one time thing it would be different, but its been 6 times all the same.

never had a problem at any other rink.

I've never had a good experience at a Sabres game, no offence to you personally. I live in Toronto so when the Canucks are in Buffalo I often grab tickets. I've never been treated well, the fans in my sections have always been obnoxious. One time coming into the building a guy shoved my wife. If it was a one time thing it would be different, but its been 6 times all the same.

never had a problem at any other rink.

You got to deal with the drunk As*holes from/in certain parts of the 300 section. They get loud, annoying, and very obnoxious during and after the game. Next time you go, get lower 200 section seats or even 100 seats.

Trust me, the rest of the building gets pretty irritated with them them. Figure that between the several parts of that section you have about 150-200 people out of 19,000 that are jerks. Unfortunately they must gravitate towards you.

You are a better man than me. If I had a GF or wife that got pushed by one of them, my fists would quickly fly at them.

Archived