The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Avalanche @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

0-3 millionaires jersey.

Lost versus LA, Sens classic, and today.

Detroit actually, not LA.

I said it in the GTD, and again. The Canucks do not respect weaker teams. If they had put in any effort at all, we'd have 2 valuable points. The third proved that. But no, we sat on our asses and blew it.

i5Rw6Pd7m8ZVo.gif

Matthias 9g 1a +6 in 12gp prior to deadline, with consistent minutes.

Matthias 1g 1a -2 in 11gp since deadline, with declining minutes.

Should have sold him when we had the opportunity.

Your 20/20 hindsight is so convenient. Benning would have made the move had it made sense, and not been a reactionary git.

Eddie was very good.

Can't disagree. I do wonder why the Canucks seem to start poorly so often. We all know how often the Canucks have given up the first goal. And it could have been worse in many cases without Eddie keeping the team in it.

Nothing against Miller, who has been decent this year (but no better than that), but if Miller was still playing most of the games I don't think the Canucks would be in playoff position now.

What on earth has happened to Hamhuis ? He seems completely lost and confused; doesn't seem to know how to clear the zone, how to pass accurately, how to position himself on the boards. It's quite sad because he used to be such a reliable defender and now he is a real liability. And I'm basing these comments not just on his performance this evening but over the past half dozen games. With the importance of the next 7 games I am of the opinion he needs to sit for at least a couple of games and watch from the press box. Sorry, Dan - I was always a fan but at present you need to re-discover your true form.

so we lost like what? 14-15 games against team below the playoff bar now? look at all the points wasted lol.. if they lost to the stronger teams.. i have no problems lol.. 25-30 points wasted

Opposite of last season, can't beat any team in playoff contention. I rather have the current version. They just have to keep the intensity up for the next 8 games.

Was looking forward to playoff hockey. Guess we will have to wait until next year.

Lol good one. Who told you to give up on 1 loss? Bet you said the same thing when we lost to Columbus.

Can't play only 20 minutes, gotta be better in a 60 minute game to win. Bad loss, but accept it and move on. Just correct the mistakes and get ready for our next game.

Can't disagree. I do wonder why the Canucks seem to start poorly so often. We all know how often the Canucks have given up the first goal. And it could have been worse in making cases without Eddie keeping the team in it.

Nothing against Miller, who has been decent this year (but no better than that), but if Miller still playing most of the games I don't think the Canucks would be in playoff position now.

Whatever. He got most of the nux wins pretty for more than half the season.

Literally all we had to do was give an effort.

We were dominant after that 3rd goal.

But, we refuse to try in games. Not sure if it's lack of preparation by the coaching staff or the players, but it's disgusting.

That is a bad team with a bad goaltender.

I've said this before but I'll say it again I'm sure they gave an effort.

They didn't give an effort they were too busy at the circus, wanted to watch Cyber CSI, playing with the kids, drinking purple juice? I highly doubt it.

I get what you're saying but preparation and effort is not the problem, tonight it is the inability to adapt when we were clearly being outplayed but that's Willie's department so I'll leave it up him. Sometimes I don't a single game registers to him it's one long 4,920 minute game.

Also it's the Sedin's because they foster that attitude of not changing your game to win. Not to say that I'm calling them out but that's the weakness.

Archived