The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Avalanche @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Matthias 9g 1a +6 in 12gp prior to deadline, with consistent minutes.

Matthias 1g 1a -2 in 11gp since deadline, with declining minutes.

Should have sold him when we had the opportunity.

There aren't too many times when I agree with BanTSN but this is one of the time I agree. I thought this at the deadline and have thought it frequently since.

Matthias is inconsistent. He has good size but does not contribute much to the physical game and his defensive skills are not very good. If we could have gotten a low first round pick for him we should jumped at it. Even a 2nd and 3rd would have been good. That would have been a nice extra return on the Luongo trade.

Shut Hamhuis down for the season. He's a liability every time he's on the ice. Throw him on the operating table and get his groin fixed so that at least he'll have a chance at being useful next season. Right now, he's absolutely useless and hurting the team every single time he goes on the ice.

I'm not joking I've been watching closely and I think Hamhuis may be the easiest player in the league to take the puck off of. Even when he sees the checker coming he cannot protect the puck. His ice time has to diminish big time because I know he won't get benched.

The poor goalies must cringe when he's on the ice.

so we lost like what? 14-15 games against team below the playoff bar now? look at all the points wasted lol.. if they lost to the stronger teams.. i have no problems lol.. 25-30 points wasted

You can't win them all...but the Canucks should have at least half of those lost points.

"Not showing up tonight is unacceptable. This wasn't the same team that played the last few games." - Sbisa

I'll never understand why this doesn't click in after 5 minutes into the game, instead of after 2 periods. Especially with their history against non-playoff teams. The Dorsett fight did nothing. I don't get it.

You know you didn't do well when you make Reto Berra look like a great goaltender....the guy is not exactly the second coming of Patrick Roy or anything.

Canucks need to work on getting to rebounds first in BOTH ends of the rink.

What on earth has happened to Hamhuis ? He seems completely lost and confused; doesn't seem to know how to clear the zone, how to pass accurately, how to position himself on the boards. It's quite sad because he used to be such a reliable defender and now he is a real liability. And I'm basing these comments not just on his performance this evening but over the past half dozen games. With the importance of the next 7 games I am of the opinion he needs to sit for at least a couple of games and watch from the press box. Sorry, Dan - I was always a fan but at present you need to re-discover your true form.

I too have been a Hamhuis fan but have had to accept that he is really struggling right now. There is no way his sharp decline is explainable by age-related decline. I am inclined to think he is still injured and playing at well below 100%.

Next game is huge.

The Canucks next six games are huge and against tough opponents in their buildings (mostly Central Division)...These no-shows for teams they should beat is really going to bite them in the ass in the end..IMO...It's been a constant theme this season

Dallas is going to be another tough test for the Canucks,..

Can't wait the hear what the scarecrow, tin man and lion have to say after the game. No brains...no heart...no courage is the only way I can describe this Canucks team tonight.

Appalling that a bunch of millionaire hockey players dressed up as a bunch of clowns only had enough character to show up for 1/3 of the night. Way to earn your money tonight Canucks.

This Sedins-led Canucks have zero killer instinct and get pretty fat and content with themselves after a short roll.

Overreact much? This is why I sometimes just hate fans like you. I bet you said the exact opposite when we beat a good team. Just move on. Reaction to a loss by our fans make it seem like we lost 10 in a row. Point out the negatives, but don't act like the world is ending. Anyone who thinks a team can win EVERY SINGLE GAME has no idea how a professional league works. You don't ever underestimate a team. Canucks need to correct, not blow up their whole team...

Why do we only show up on "big games" against good teams and play like crap against bad teams when the playoff race is so tight. It's unacceptable there is no reason why the game shouldn't be tight. Why wouldn't you wanna improve a winning streak it almost makes me think the canucks are borderline retarded sometimes.

Archived