The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van, LA, Cgy; Prediction: who will be the one to not make it to the playoffs?

CAkNUCKle sandwich

dont count LA out yet, if calgary blows it thursday then they have to beat winnipeg to keep their spot, and if winnipeg loses thursday they will have to beat calgary to keep LA out. If both happen then LA will have to choose between 3rd in the pacific or a wildcard slot

I hope that Winnipeg and Calgary both lose in overtime/shootout in their next games and that their game goes to OT too. Just so that LA misses the playoffs while watching one of Calgary or Winnipeg make it losing their last two games.

I hope that Winnipeg and Calgary both lose in overtime/shootout in their next games and that their game goes to OT too. Just so that LA misses the playoffs while watching one of Calgary or Winnipeg make it losing their last two games.

Zdenek, I know it's early in the morning for you but read the first sentence and tell me how does that make sense to you.

Calgary have to win in regulation to knock off the Kings on Thursday since they play the Kings that night. An ot loss will not eliminate the Kings.

Zdenek, I know it's early in the morning for you but read the first sentence and tell me how does that make sense to you.

Calgary have to win in regulation to knock off the Kings on Thursday since they play the Kings that night. An ot loss will not eliminate the Kings.

What he said was a bit confusing but it does it true. Calgary sits at 95 points. And OT loss against the kings puts them at 96 points. Zdenek also said that he’d like the CGY vs WPG game to also go to a shootout. That would put the flames at 97 points and since they hold the tie breaker they would make playoffs and LA would be out.

If Jets lose two games in OT they end with 98 points, ahead of LA

If Flames lose two games in OT they end with 97 points, ahead of LA.

Archived