The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van, LA, Cgy; Prediction: who will be the one to not make it to the playoffs?

CAkNUCKle sandwich

He doesn't feed them anything. It is the will and want to win. Canucks need more of that.

Really?

How can you say that when you look back at the injuries we have had? We are 2nd in the division a position we have no right to be in. Go back and look at the threads/posts at the beginning of the season and read where people thought we would be. Now if you had told these same people we would have a trail of injuries even worse than last season what would they have thought?

They would have said NO WAY.

This team has shown EXCEPTIONAL will to win. Hopefully that will continue but if we fall at the last hurdle who the f--- cares. We have done far better than anyone could have expected.

JB is rebuilding, a piece here and a piece there, it will be another 2 seasons before we have the right to criticise this team.

Personally, I think we will make it and LA/Calgary won't.

Maybe if our pathetic arena fans started to show some passion and emotion instead of waiting to get 2 goals up so they can play mexican waves like a bunch of idiots our team might really tear the opposition apart.

Really?

How can you say that when you look back at the injuries we have had? We are 2nd in the division a position we have no right to be in. Go back and look at the threads/posts at the beginning of the season and read where people thought we would be. Now if you had told these same people we would have a trail of injuries even worse than last season what would they have thought?

This team has shown EXCEPTIONAL will to win. Hopefully that will continue but if we fall at the last hurdle who the f--- cares. We have done far better than anyone could have expected.

JB is rebuilding, a piece here and a piece there, it will be another 2 seasons before we have the right to criticise this team.

Maybe if our pathetic arena fans started to show some passion and emotion instead of waiting to get 2 goals up so they can play mexican waves like a bunch of idiots our team might really tear the opposition apart.

Despite the reasonable points you make at times You consistently show so much disdain for cdc posters and other fans I honestly have no idea why you invest so much time here.

Has your condescending and superior attitude provided a successful path for you in the real world? It just seems like you're here pissing up a rope trying to hammer people into thinking like you.

So we are the only team that squanders points huh?

Man oh man, one loss and the sky is falling. Did Flames fans pack it in after they lost to Dallas last night? The team won 3 straight before this hiccup, you don't win every game, even if you're playing a team below you in the standings.

No but stop losing to bottom feeders next Dallas really they kick are as$ all the time.. Now we are expected to win against tough opponents but I cant see the nucks winning most of them yes in the past year we did pretty well but I think our luck has or will run out... on again off again off

We play great against Chicago, Blues, Winnipeg, have won all games against then this year. We also play great on the road, one of the best in the NHL at it.

Of course we do.. but we need wins at this point..will they play great and lose or play great and win or maybe play lousy and win or play lousy and lose...

I dislike some of the players; they have attitudes too much like the Sedins not like the killer instinct. we need more of them...Like Mathias really look how big this guy is but he skates around like he is on a free ride sometimes...more times than not..when he comes to play he utilises his big frame and does stuff that super stars do but he is inconsistant.

Zack did the same last 3 weeks before he got hurt..we need more players like dorsett that actually give a damn.

Energy boys! now this is serious business from now on and thru the playoffs...If you make it?

We all have families but to make a buck to provide for them we need to be away from home for extended periods of times and we dont make millions of dollars doing it.

You wonder how LA does it .. Sutter probably tells them that its time to focus so hotels when we are at home only see family sparingly. the price you have to pay to make millions of dollars.

So we are the only team that squanders points huh?

Man oh man, one loss and the sky is falling. Did Flames fans pack it in after they lost to Dallas last night? The team won 3 straight before this hiccup, you don't win every game, even if you're playing a team below you in the standings.

I understand you cant win them all..I also understand anyone can beat anyone on any given night..its the trend that concerns me..its not just one game..its a number of games lost to bottom feeders..if it was only one I wouldnt have made the post..I also didnt say they werent going to make the playoffs,,I said I am concerned that they may not.

I can also understand a loss if you lose playing your best,,face it,,the Canucks didnt show up last night until the final 10 minutes.

We outshot the opposition heavily in our 3 wins prior and controlled most of the play. We were 7-2-1 going into the game last night.

I am not worried about missing the playoffs. Willie D's team will not back down and will bounce back heavily. We still play Chicago and St Louis, two premier teams who we matchup well with, arizona and edmonton at the end of the season who are going to want that extra loss for the lottery, dallas and winnipeg are games we should be able to win if the team wakes up and only two truly difficult matchups in nashville and la.

With our ROW total we have a huge advantage over any team we are fighting for a spot against. Personally I think 97 points will be enough and I don't see how Vancouver doesn't pick up 7 points in the next 8 games.

I still feel Winnipeg is the team to fall. That is just me though.

Canucks' have some tough games coming up. Just look at the schelude yikes, and the Lames have the easiest schelude. I see Calgary in, Winnipeg in, Minnesota in, and LA in.

This loss is going to be huge because LA won today, and they look back to the old LA kings. Won't be surprised LA leaps over Canucks into 2nd in the division. I mean come on, LA just beat two of the toughest teams in the Eastern Conference.

Do you actually look at the schedule or just pull that crap out of the air. Flames have the easiest schedule???? They play the exact same schedule as the canucks except switch out the hawks and replace them with the wild.

The mood swings canucks fans put themselves through is ridiculous. Canucks lose and everyone freaks out and asks like the world is over.

LA has been hot. LA has the easiest schedule to finish the season off. Sure LA beat NYR but beating NYI lately isn’t much of an accomplishment, NYI are 1-5-1 in their last 7. LA is likely getting into the playoffs.

Flames haven’t been lights out. Flames have went 2-3-1 in their last six. Again lets look at their schedule. First they go on the road and play MIN, NSH, DAL(who they just lost to) and STL. They then play two gimme games against EDM, and ARZ, but finish the season off playing the Kings and Jets. Two teams who they are in a dog fight against.

There’s only a limited amount of games left and it makes it extremely hard to jump any teams above you. Both CGY and LA are essentially 2 wins behind canucks (due to ROW) That means in the final 8 games both teams have to win, at minimum 2 games more than canucks, If canucks go 2-6, CGY and LA need to go 4-4 to beat us. If Canucks go 4-4, CGY and LA need to go 6-2 to beat us. Etc.etc. LA and Calgary also play each other once more, there you can add up at least 1 loss to either of the teams.

One team might catch us, not both.

I'm not taking our position for granted but I don't think CGY is going to overtake LA. I have faith that the Canucks will bounce back. People were banking on LA losing at least a few times on their road trip but no dice as of yet.

It is looking more and more like LA vs Van first round.

I think the Flames are most likely to miss, with the Jets being a close 2nd. Anything can happen but I feel like LA and the Wild are locks, and we should be able to hang around in 3rd place.

It's coming down to the final games of the season. Having to just go .500 at this time of the year is not as simple as it sounds. Every game will be hard to win now.

Really?

Hence why I said "more". I agree with everything you said, but the Canucks have had far too many games like the one they played last night. Recently the Columbus game comes to mind. They simply can't have another game like that, no throwing away points. Not saying the Avs are awful and its a gimme, but if they showed up for even 40 mins last night it would have been a full 2 points

Archived