The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van, LA, Cgy; Prediction: who will be the one to not make it to the playoffs?

CAkNUCKle sandwich

So we lost a game most of us thought we would lose anyways against a team we always lose against and now suddenly we are slipping and will miss the playoffs. Come on guys stop with the doom and gloom and relax. If and this is a big if the boys go on a major losing skid then I would be super worried till then just relax.

I actually think if the canucks, flames and jets can all pull it together the kings will be out! That's probably wishful thinking and the flames or jets will miss by the skin of their teeth.

One thing for sure is we have to win against Winnipeg and LA.

At this point, the Canucks own the tie break vs Calgary and La, correct?

Correct, so even if we lose our next game in regulation and the Kings win, we are still ahead. But I don't want them being so close, we've gotta widen the lead again.

When we play them in April, that is going to be a real big game.

Do you actually look at the schedule or just pull that crap out of the air. Flames have the easiest schedule???? They play the exact same schedule as the canucks except switch out the hawks and replace them with the wild.

The mood swings canucks fans put themselves through is ridiculous. Canucks lose and everyone freaks out and asks like the world is over.

LA has been hot. LA has the easiest schedule to finish the season off. Sure LA beat NYR but beating NYI lately isnt much of an accomplishment, NYI are 1-5-1 in their last 7. LA is likely getting into the playoffs.

Flames havent been lights out. Flames have went 2-3-1 in their last six. Again lets look at their schedule. First they go on the road and play MIN, NSH, DAL(who they just lost to) and STL. They then play two gimme games against EDM, and ARZ, but finish the season off playing the Kings and Jets. Two teams who they are in a dog fight against.

Theres only a limited amount of games left and it makes it extremely hard to jump any teams above you. Both CGY and LA are essentially 2 wins behind canucks (due to ROW) That means in the final 8 games both teams have to win, at minimum 2 games more than canucks, If canucks go 2-6, CGY and LA need to go 4-4 to beat us. If Canucks go 4-4, CGY and LA need to go 6-2 to beat us. Etc.etc. LA and Calgary also play each other once more, there you can add up at least 1 loss to either of the teams.

One team might catch us, not both.

If LA catches us damn. Entire season will be ruined, whenever we lose against them they are the most boring, frustrating games.

The boys have worked hard all year, if they can't keep it up at this time it will waste all the work they have done.

We're the only ones showing signs of slipping, and our upcoming four game stretch is going to be a doozy.

I'd be beyond pissed if we missed out on the playoffs after pushing ourselves out of a top ten draft spot. It almost hurts. We're in the one position we can't afford to be in.

No playoffs means no experience for our our rookies and a >15 draft spot means no top end talent. Which is we're DESPERATE for.

Bubble team. Frack.

It's crap like this that drives me nuts. We have been just as good as any of the teams we're competing with:

Last 10 Games:

Vancouver 7-3-0

Los Angeles 6-2-2

Minnesota 7-3-0

Winnipeg 7-3-0

Calgary 5-2-3

Plus, we are ahead of each of them in the standings. And on top of that, the last two times we met head-to-head with one of them, we had gutsy come-from-behind wins, where we completely dominated the play for stretches. And that is with our back-up goaltender.

We're a good team. A top-10 pick was never going to happen. Get over it.

Correct, so even if we lose our next game in regulation and the Kings win, we are still ahead. But I don't want them being so close, we've gotta widen the lead again.

When we play them in April, that is going to be a real big game.

That game will likely determine home-ice advantage for round 1.

LA is looking like a championship team again.

Calgary has a rejuvenated offense and an easier schedule.

Vancouver has a harder schedule but they own the tie breaking ROWs.

Vancouver plays well against good teams, which is good because they play a lot of good teams down the stretch.

In short, very exciting end of season dogfight coming up. The last 2 spots up for grabs.

Vancouver has a harder schedule but they own the tie breaking ROWs

Vancouver plays well against good teams, which is good because they play a lot of good teams down the stretch.

In short, very exciting end of season dogfight coming up. The last 2 spots up for grabs.

As somebody else already said above we have an almost identical schedule to the Flames. I wouldn't call LA's 8 remaining games a bunch of gimmes either, plus they play 5 of them on the road where they haven't been good on the year.

It's likely our April game against LA will determine home ice advantage for that first round or possibly even who's not going to make the playoffs.

Canucks' have some tough games coming up. Just look at the schelude yikes, and the Lames have the easiest schelude. I see Calgary in, Winnipeg in, Minnesota in, and LA in.

This loss is going to be huge because LA won today, and they look back to the old LA kings. IWon't be surprised LA leaps over Canucks into 2nd in the division. I mean come on, LA just beat two of the toughest teams in the Eastern Conference.

I speak for all of cdc when i say you are a garbage poster.

Vancouver has a harder schedule but they own the tie breaking ROWs.

Flames have an easier schedule? Do tell how you’ve came up with this conclusion. You’ve obviously looked at the schedule before you would make a statement like that…right?

Let’s look at the flames final 8 games

@*MIN

@NSH

@DAL

@STL

@EDM

ARZ

LA

@WPG

Now let’s look at the Canucks final 8 games

DAL

@STL

@NSH

@*CHI

@WPG

LA

ARZ

EDM

I highlighted the team difference. Apparently one team has a hard schedule and the other has an easy schedule.

I don't have a huge problem with the loss after winning 3 straight but I do have concerns that they only showed up for 20 minutes in a super important game at this time of year. This getting behind on the score sheet and putting yourself in a position of having to score a come from behind win is worrying and that habit has been there for at least the last 2 seasons.

Flames have an easier schedule? Do tell how you’ve came up with this conclusion. You’ve obviously looked at the schedule before you would make a statement like that…right?

I actually didn't look at the schedule. Thanks for the info.

Most would agree that Chicago is better than Minny though, so since the Canucks play a harder team than Calgary, harder schedule?

I actually didn't look at the schedule. Thanks for the info.

Most would agree that Chicago is better than Minny though, so since the Canucks play a harder team than Calgary, harder schedule?

With Pat Kane down and Minnesota playing the way there are, is that really true though? They were a playoff afterthought before Dubnyk came along and look at them now. With the way they've played since he came over they're far from an easy game.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nhl/2651/devan-dubnyk

Flip through that a bit.

I'll say what I say every time we've lost for the last little while. When's the last time the boys lost two regulation games in a row? It's impossible for the teams chasing us to keep their traction when we're always matching our losses with two (or in the last case 3) wins. Even if the Canucks only alternate W-L-W-L-W-L-W-L they'd finish with 98 points and Calgary and LA would be hard pressed to both hit 99.

I have a new perspective.

Canucks have won 7 of their last 10 games, 70%.

8 games left, 70% = 5.6

So, say 5 wins and an ot/so loss = 11 points

That 101 for the season - not too shabby at all.

If the Canucks can continue to win 70% in the playoffs - we could do really well.

4 out of 7 is 57% to win a 7 game series.

Go Canucks GO!

Canucks' have some tough games coming up. Just look at the schelude yikes, and the Lames have the easiest schelude. I see Calgary in, Winnipeg in, Minnesota in, and LA in.

This loss is going to be huge because LA won today, and they look back to the old LA kings. Won't be surprised LA leaps over Canucks into 2nd in the division. I mean come on, LA just beat two of the toughest teams in the Eastern Conference.

Canucks beat those same teams as well, with injuries

We will be fine, too much pride in that dressing room. Besides even though LA is 2 points back we own the tie breaker. Plus isn't it better we have a tough schedule coming up since everybody is pointing out how we don't show up for bottom feeders. Predicting we have clinched before Arizona and Edmonton games (last 2).

We're the only ones showing signs of slipping, and our upcoming four game stretch is going to be a doozy.

I'd be beyond pissed if we missed out on the playoffs after pushing ourselves out of a top ten draft spot. It almost hurts. We're in the one position we can't afford to be in.

No playoffs means no experience for our our rookies and a >15 draft spot means no top end talent. Which is we're DESPERATE for.

Bubble team. Frack.

Did you thought our play was slipping before the Colorado game?

It's crap like this that drives me nuts. We have been just as good as any of the teams we're competing with:

Last 10 Games:

Vancouver 7-3-0

1. Avalance

2. Winnipeg

3. Coyotes

4. Kings

5. Jackets

6. Flyers

7. Leafs

8. Kings

9. Ducks

10. Sharks

Los Angeles 6-2-2

1. Islanders

2. Rangers

3. Devils

4. Canucks

5. Ducks

6. Coyotes

7. Nashville

8. Canucks

9. Avalanche

10. Penguins

Minnesota 7-3-0

1. Islanders

2. Leafs

3. Blues

4. Caps

5. Preds

6. Blues

7. Ducks

8. Devils

9. Avs

10. Canes

Winnipeg 7-3-0

1. MTL

2. Canucks

3. Oilers

4. Caps

5. Blues

6. Sharks

7.TBL

8. Panthers

9. Blues

10. Preds

Calgary 5-2-3

1. Stars

2. Avs

3. Jackets

4. Flyers

5. Blues

6. Avs

7. Leafs

8. Ducks

9. Sens

10. Wings

Plus, we are ahead of each of them in the standings. And on top of that, the last two times we met head-to-head with one of them, we had gutsy come-from-behind wins, where we completely dominated the play for stretches. And that is with our back-up goaltender.

We're a good team. A top-10 pick was never going to happen. Get over it.

The only team with a schedule as easy as ours was the Flames, and us two teams are pretty much on even terms, yes. I guess I can add them into the fold. I'm not even going to get into how many teams we faced fresh while they were on the tail end of a back to back. That in itself was absurd.

Also, no Vrbata and Miller, no way we draft outside the top ten. But I'm past that now, obviously we want the chance to get ass- fracked backwards in the playoffs so I say bring it on.

Did you thought our play was slipping before the Colorado game?

I'm not going to say that I noticed a specific game where we started to slip, but we've had inconsistent offence the entire year. It just so happens that when one line decided to take a night off another happened to find its groove. We've been lucky like that for most of the year. Sustainable offence has been really hard to come by this season, and it's starting to bite us in the rear at the wrong time.

Archived