The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Van, LA, Cgy; Prediction: who will be the one to not make it to the playoffs?

CAkNUCKle sandwich

It would've been nice if the Canucks could've taken a page out of LA's book and managed their losses a bit better this season. If we had turned just 5 of those regulation losses into loser points we'd be home and cooled right now. Hell, we'd be battling Anaheim for first place in that scenario but instead we'll be scratching and clawing our way to the finish line.

On topic, I think Calgary will fall out. I think this is unfortunate because the Flames worked so hard to get this far, it means we'll have to deal with the Kings and probably get KO'd, and it's one less canadian team in the dance.

The way it's playing out, The Canucks, Flames or Kings may not be able to clinch until the second last week or maybe even the last week of the regular season. That being said, I'm confident the Canucks will make it to the Stanley Cup Playoffs this year as long as they maintain a .500 win percentage. GO CANUCKS GO!!!

It would've been nice if the Canucks could've taken a page out of LA's book and managed their losses a bit better this season. If we had turned just 5 of those regulation losses into loser points we'd be home and cooled right now. Hell, we'd be battling Anaheim for first place in that scenario but instead we'll be scratching and clawing our way to the finish line.

On topic, I think Calgary will fall out. I think this is unfortunate because the Flames worked so hard to get this far, it means we'll have to deal with the Kings and probably get KO'd, and it's one less canadian team in the dance.

Those Kings just won't go away, and i believe both the Flames and Canucks will have to unleash the beasts inside them to knock them out of the playoffs once and for all! Even if we make it, and even if we do face the kings anytime in the playoffs, Im confident the Canucks might just be able to take them; if they can score on Quick, and Lack or Miller perform sensational, we stand a chance. Goal scoring also cannot be an issue if this team wants to contend! Anyhow, GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

What do you mean always have? The Canucks dominated them for half a decade! (2008-2012)

Please give some stats to back this up because I beg to differ, with the exception of a couple of steals by Schneider where he stopped 40+ shots Dallas has had the Canucks number for a long time.

Looking like Calgary is in tough, especially with a Canucks victory tomorrow night

I don't think we have that much effect on Calgary anymore. Obviously they would like us to lose, but we have quite the advantage on them already.

However Calgary would reallllllly benefit from an LA loss to Minny tomorrow.

Please give some stats to back this up because I beg to differ, with the exception of a couple of steals by Schneider where he stopped 40+ shots Dallas has had the Canucks number for a long time.

Tell me about 2009-10,2010-11,2011-12. (Though the series were tied 2-2 in 2011-12)

Dallas is on a back to back game against us and are losing to the oilers...... sadly, i think weve seen this scenerio before :(

I didn't even remember who the Stars backup was and had to look it up.. time for Enroth to stop 40 against us :sadno:

I think everyone is going a little over board because we played so poorly against Colorado. Honestly, step back from the ledge guys. This team seems to play best when the pressure is on.

Down 1 goal? Game time!

When we were about to fall out of the play off race before? Stopped tradings wins and losses and won our next 3!

Look at everyone out there right now, and only 2 teams in the entire league are on more than a 3 game win streak.

As long as we don't play tired like we did last night we should take care of business and get in.

I think everyone is going a little over board because we played so poorly against Colorado. Honestly, step back from the ledge guys. This team seems to play best when the pressure is on.

Down 1 goal? Game time!

When we were about to fall out of the play off race before? Stopped tradings wins and losses and won our next 3!

Look at everyone out there right now, and only 2 teams in the entire league are on more than a 3 game win streak.

As long as we don't play tired like we did last night we should take care of business and get in.

This is so true! Many people seem to put down the Canucks so much when they suffer a loss. But when they win, everyone starts asking questions about "how deep can we go" into the playoffs..typical fans

So we are the only team that squanders points huh?

Man oh man, one loss and the sky is falling. Did Flames fans pack it in after they lost to Dallas last night? The team won 3 straight before this hiccup, you don't win every game, even if you're playing a team below you in the standings.

Thank you.

Down 1 goal? Game time!

I

I agree. 1 bad loss and the ankles snap all over again. It's to the point where it's disgusting. Theres plenty of people here I can have a constructively critical conversation with about this or that player. But the guys that show up to the GDT's or this forum in general when we have a poor outing is pathetic. Just piss off.

Columbus thumped Chicago tonight. Think the sky is falling down over there in Illinois? I hardly think so.

Yeah, their position is more solidified than ours, true. Minnesota though is only a point behind them, and can very easily dislodge them from the top 3 in the Central, making them have to dogfight like the rest of us. Anybody going to try and tell me Chicago doesn't have a highly skilled, talented team? Of course not. That is a damn fine team over there and so are we. Tired of the doubters of this team. I had my doubts preseason but this season has shown me a lot of heart that this team has been missing the last couple.

If you're going to jump off the bandwagon, don't bother jumping back on.

Archived