The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We HAVE TO draft this kid at the 2015 draft

Yes sure, I guess the idea would be to make sure the 'list' is correct. Because the Schroeder is BPA crap needs to END.

Meanwhile, did Carolina firmly believe that Haydn Fleury was BPA? No, probably not. But they also felt, as I do, that the forwards selected beyond him weren't worth switching up the plan to acquire defense for.

Looking at our prospect pool, it's quite plainly light on top-notch D. Last year is was also light on top-notch RWer, and now that's not a concern. Now we should definitely focus on D.

Also, come undone, bottom rung, cheers unsung for Jakob Chychrun. ;)

Yeah, lets use Carolina as an example of how to build a team lol

Really does he have the requisite grit though? If so maybe then its okay if he falls into the Canucks lap. But don't have to take him if he is just another failing Schroeder in the draft.

People who watch the OHL closely will tell you that Konecny plays gritty to a fault. He has gotten himself hurt a couple times because he engages physically with bigger players too often.

As far as "Does he play gritty enough?" is concerned, the answer is a resounding: Yes.

Interesting but hopefully for his sake he is more Gallagher or Oshie than Brulé.

Small guys not afraid to get involved physically in the game.

He has to pick his spots though as Brulé found out the hard way.

Some extra bulk say 10 pounds would help but then again Shinkaruk is not doing too great right now which may make the Canucks pass on him.

TRAVIS KONECNY.

This guy reminds me of Patrick Kane so much...

At our draft position, which is likely to be around 20, this guy will most likely be available. He dropped from the top 10 and has very high skill level much like Hunter Shinkaruk and around the same size. Unfortunately, his points haven't improved much from last year but he could be having a tough year like Jared McCann.

He's also Bo Horvat's cousin, so having Konecny on the same team would be more positive to team chemistry.

Imagine a Canucks lineup with Konecny, Horvat, McCann, and Cassels down the middle in the future. Skilled top line centre with 3 two-way forwards down the middle.

Here's some highlights:

3:00 mark you can see some sick dangles which reminds me of Patrick Kane, and he has a similar elusiveness as Kane too.

Since Benning is planning to get more draft picks at this year's draft, I hope we can get 2 late first rounders and take Konecny with one of them. If we only have 1 first rounder, I would still take this kid.

Please explain to us how is Jared McCann having a tough year at 34 goals 47 assist and 81 points in 56 games? And to boot he has 6 points in 3 playoff games so far.

Archived