The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bruins' Rask pulls himself from Saturday's game vs. Rangers

i bet he had some sort of bowel flu or whatever you call it and went to you know... toot..

-- this would explain the whole "dehydration thing"

-- he probably got the staff to make a cover up storyy

-- he told me so

Anyway, to add to the discussion,

Bruins' Rask expected to be OK after exiting game

Saturday, 03.28.2015 / 5:20 PM / News

By Matt Kalman - NHL.com Correspondent

BOSTON -- Boston Bruins goaltender Tuukka Rask left a 4-2 win against the New York Rangers at TD Garden on Saturday because he apparently was dehydrated.

Coach Claude Julien said Rask is expected to be OK and would travel with the Bruins for their game against the Carolina Hurricanes on Sunday. Rask could start against the Hurricanes.

“It looks like it might have been a case of dehydration, so he’s scheduled to travel with us,” Julien said. “He’s scheduled to be with us and he should be fine for [sunday].”

Rask, who left 10 seconds into the second period with Boston leading 3-0, had informed the Bruins during the first intermission that he wasn’t feeling well.

“Yeah, we just found out at the beginning of the second,” Julien said. “He went in there and when he came off that’s why I went to him and said, ‘Are you still having those symptoms?’ He said, 'Yeah,’ so I said, ‘Well, let’s get you out of here and put [Niklas Svedberg] in,’ who did a good job by the way.”

Rask made 14 saves, and Svedberg 16 on 18 shots.

“You have to get ready right away, and it all happens pretty quick,” Svedberg said. “It’s all about trying to stay calm and focus on your game and get into the game as fast as possible. The guys helped me out a lot in the beginning, gave me some time to work myself into the game. And I thought after that we played a solid game throughout and I felt good too so good win for us.”

The Bruins won for the first time in seven games (1-3-3) and weren’t distracted by Rask’s departure.

“Obviously I didn’t know what happened or still don’t know really what happened,” Bruins forward Milan Lucic said. “When [svedberg] went in, all we talked about on the bench was continuing to play the same way and being stingy in the defensive zone and playing that checking game. Good thing we were able to continue doing that. He came in and made some good saves for us."

It’s a useless thread

He left for a couple mins when they were winning 3-0 big deal

It is a big deal.

He's a highly paid athlete/entertainer - people pay big bucks to see the stars.

Maybe he was out the night before drinking too much - hence the dehydration?

Who knows.

But news is news and this is news that no one knew.

It is a big deal.

He's a highly paid athlete/entertainer - people pay big bucks to see the stars.

Maybe he was out the night before drinking too much - hence the dehydration?

Who knows.

But news is news and this is news that no one knew.

If it was just dehydration then I haven’t seen a thread this useless since they said we lost Hodgson trade

Archived