The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Telus Survey

Squamfan

I just got a Survey from Telus saying dear user tell us how we are doing. It did not have the logo so i

deleted it right away. Did any one else have the same experience and does my computer have a virus. Its a mac

First off, it was not necessarily a virus, but a potential spam/scam.

Since the letter said 'dear user'... that is a flag. They address personally, if they have to write to you - and even still, you could hover over the internet link to see where it is actually taking you. Deleting is safer for sure.

Yesterday i posted i think people misread but i edited

So i was on Canucks.com right i closed it and had another tab open. When i came back there was a pop up saying dear user this is telus complete the survey about our service. so deleted it does my laptop have a virus its a mac.

So i was on Canucks.com right i closed it and had another tab open. When i came back there was a pop up saying dear user this is telus complete the survey about our service. so deleted it does my laptop have a virus its a mac.

Run a scan of it. Between the amount of time between making these threads, you could've found out the answer yourself.

Contrary to some opinions, Macs do have viruses.

Maybe no one has pointed out the obvious, but was the other tab you left open for TELUS? Because the website does ask if you want to do a survey. If it was an email I'd check the sending address and all that, but it sounds like it was just a regular pop up survey like you get all the time when visiting a website.

But then the OP created a thread a while back to ask what MacBook to buy, and yet he doesn't understand how to check basic things on it so I'll go back to my previous recommendation that he should have just bought a cheap Windows laptop.

Maybe no one has pointed out the obvious, but was the other tab you left open for TELUS? Because the website does ask if you want to do a survey. If it was an email I'd check the sending address and all that, but it sounds like it was just a regular pop up survey like you get all the time when visiting a website.

But then the OP created a thread a while back to ask what MacBook to buy, and yet he doesn't understand how to check basic things on it so I'll go back to my previous recommendation that he should have just bought a cheap Windows laptop.

I think it's pretty obvious that it's some kind of spam.

Rarely do you have legitimate websites calling you "Dear user".

Scan it using an antivirus.

the other tab was google

Archived