The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Earth Hour...did you partake?

CanadianLoonie

no, that's moronic. Shutting down lights for one hour is not going to save the environment.

See below.

Lights yes, but other stuff no.

I did notice I had some obscure lights on in my place that didn't need to be on - so I suppose mission accomplished, Earth Hour.

Of course people miss the point of Earth Hour as usual. It's not about "shutting the lights off" for 1 hour, it's about spreading awareness to be more friendly to the environment. The pictures of the cities before and after are a powerful visual reminder that we all live on one planet and need to conserve it for as long as we possibly can by each doing our part to help. 1 action to help even if it's for only an hour is more then what would've happened otherwise and can lead people to do more. I know a few of my friends who do it once a week to get together with family away from the technology that is so intertwined with our lives. They never would've done that if not for Earth Hour. It's not about 1 hour of power saving, it's about a lifetime of actions to protect the planet and this is the biggest event to spread enivronmental awareness in the world.

Nope, I have kids which means things run on their schedule, not earth hours.

That said we already try and do our part by buying local/organic, drive small efficient cars, buying less but higher quality items that last rather than disposable items, energy efficient lighting, low flow toilets etc etc.

Nope, I have kids which means things run on their schedule, not earth hours.

That said we already try and do our part by buying local/organic, drive small efficient cars, buying less but higher quality items that last rather than disposable items, energy efficient lighting, low flow toilets etc etc.

I think that's more than enough lol.. At least more than the average person is willing to do.

+1

Archived