The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The MGTOW Thread

kiwi55555

I have never heard of women that genuinely hate all men and think that all sex is rape.

A quick google search comes up with this site...witchwind.wordpress.com/2013/12/15/piv-is-always-rape-ok

A rambling all PIV is rape with no listed author

The next link was this.... feministing.com/2014/11/21/blast-from-the-past-debunking-the-all-sex-is-rape-quote-again/

Remember that whole thing about how all hetero sex is rape? Right, me too. Misogynists love playing straw feminist, and one of their most successful campaigns has been falsely attributing the quote that all sex is rape to Catharine MacKinnon and/or Andrea Dworkin. The lie is a deeply untrue and unfair reading of those scholars works, and is still used today as an unsophisticated response feminist arguments. I dont care about anything you say because feminists think all sex is rape! Just this week, a professor at my school rejected sexual autonomy standards in the New York Times in part because, in his telling, extreme feminists like MacKinnon think heterosexual rape and sex are nearly indistinguishable. The Times has, it is worth noting, made and corrected this mistake before.

These writers turn feminist thinkers into props, a special academic form of objectification. They also ignore the texts these writers have produced and the extensively documented etymology of this lie. Perhaps we shouldnt be surprised that the vicious myth started with Rush Limbaugh, nor should we be surprised that anti-feminists would rather grapple with fake criticism than the actual ideas of actual scholars. But we should expect more of our trusted publications.

And this site ....radicalprofeminist.blogspot.com/2011/04/andrea-dworkin-said-all-heterosexual.html

It was not Andrea Dworkin, or any other radical feminist, who promoted the idea that all sex must be oppressive to women, or must make women into inferior creatures. In fact--SURPRISE--it is masculinist men, such as *ol' Kevin here*, who have promoted a truly absurd idea that because men often poke their penises into women's bodies, with or without permission, that means that heterosexual intercourse "naturally" and inevitably makes it an act that turns women into inferior creatures, while it simultaneously places men into a superior position, sexually and socially. I say to Kevin and all those who think (and behave) as he does: You are oppressive, ignorant pricks and I hope you stop having the kind of sex you think is natural.

The rest of the links on the first page are redneck mysogynistic sites discussing the BS they have made up , using derogatory terms to describe women.

As I stated feminists/women have a right to be pissed they have been treated as second class citisen's since time immemorial and are still are not treated equally in todays society, to compare them to these MGTOW losers is just plain BS, what history of subjugation and abuse do they have ?

Ah, thanks for the heads up. However maybe I should be more clear. Perhaps I should not even refer to these "man-haters" as feminist. There have to be people out there who hate all men, just like Hitler hated Jews. Perhaps it would be better to separate these people from feminist ideology and simply put them down as emotionally damaged hate-filled people. Much like how I don't consider MGTOW to be a true movement, just a bunch of bitter losers who decided to come together and basically form a circle jerk where they can whine and spread their toxic attitude amongst each other.

Once again, I believe feminism is a legitimate, justified movement, however there are always people who take things too far, pretty much no matter what it is. Like I just said though, this is more likely due to personal deficiencies than whatever school of thought they ascribe too. In the case of MGTOW, all of them take it too far.

Maybe you see it that way. But i dont really believe a grown woman can rape a grown man. She can only let him sleep with her.

What if you were told hold a gun to someone's head and force them to have sex with you? That is sexual assauly. Using blackmail or a position of authority is also the same idea.

The whole "getting a boner means you must have liked it" has also been disproven by studies.

My first stance was a half joke. I acknowledge a woman can sexually assault a man. It's just an infrequent occurance, and in my opinion.. frankly not nearly as big a deal. It's still awful, but I believe a double standard does and kind of should exist here. A man raping a woman should be hung (figuratively), or put behind bars for the rest of his life. A woman that rapes a man deserves maybe 6 months in prison down to a slap on the hand depending on what happened. Unless it was pedophilia.

My first stance was a half joke. I acknowledge a woman can sexually assault a man. It's just an infrequent occurance, and in my opinion.. frankly not nearly as big a deal. It's still awful, but I believe a double standard does and kind of should exist here. A man raping a woman should be hung (figuratively), or put behind bars for the rest of his life. A woman that rapes a man deserves maybe 6 months in prison down to a slap on the hand depending on what happened. Unless it was pedophilia.

Depends how badly she scarred the guy.

Yeah. How is it worse though? Gender equality, no?

I just see it as much more damaging to a woman than a man. Sure it goes against gender equality but men and woman are not equal life forms, we have different purposes and equal purposes. There world isn't always black and white. I dunno the answers, I'm just stating my perspective.

Anyways this thread does suck now. I'm out.

I just see it as much more damaging to a woman than a man. Sure it goes against gender equality but men and woman are not equal life forms, we have different purposes and equal purposes. There world isn't always black and white. I dunno the answers, I'm just stating my perspective.

Anyways this thread does suck now. I'm out.

Thanks.

Hold the door, I'm coming too.

Archived