The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eddie Lack as our number 1.

kidkurse

The Goalie saves of the season video, certainly showed why we are lucky to have Miller AND Lack.

Thanks for that Alfstonker some have forgotten how good Miller was playing before he got injured. Very happy to have Miller AND Lack for the playoffs.

Lack should start the playoff as Miller's timing is still a bit off. he played better as the game went on. but still need to work on that timing a little, but as for the retards that's at the game chanting Eddie after every goal scored on Miller. Just go cheer for Calgary

Lack should start the playoff as Miller's timing is still a bit off. he played better as the game went on. but still need to work on that timing a little, but as for the retards that's at the game chanting Eddie after every goal scored on Miller. Just go cheer for Calgary

^^^^

I kinda think this all turned out perfectly. I mean. Imagine if Miller had came in and pitched 82 shutouts, became the mayor of Vancouver and married 7 more girls from Vancouver. We would never get him to leave. And the last thing we need is Miller starting for us for the full duration of his contract. Not that there is anything wrong with Miller. Hes not our future and if we expect to have a goalie future, it may be time to hand over the keys to one of them.

I thought I heard somewhere where Willie made the call that Eddie is going to start, not sure source but I thought i remembered that. Regardless, Miller played better as the game went on but you could see he looked sore getting up after saves still, and his timing and speed was a bit off. He over-committed, lost his net and regardless of how his knee feels, the body still tries to protect it regardless (This is being said as a goalie coach with knee issues). Lack should start, because he is in game shape, which is way different than practice shape and he's tracking the puck very well right now. Look at Ottawa, Anderson came back from injury and proceeded to be mediocre, and Hammond came in and has pretty much etched his name into Senators history with his performance, regardless of there playoff success. You play the hot goalie, until he falters which puts a positive pressure on both goalies to perform the best they can, goalies have a very good relationship with each other and want the best for each other and the best for the team.

Now the fact we have Miller as a back-up is an unbelievable positive that no other teams can really boast having as good a one-two punch as us. Its a blessing and a curse as these controversies get drummed up by people trying to make something out of nothing (the press). The series will be won or lost on shutting down the scoring of Calgary's top line, and the secondary scoring we can put up.

I kinda think this all turned out perfectly. I mean. Imagine if Miller had came in and pitched 82 shutouts, became the mayor of Vancouver and married 7 more girls from Vancouver. We would never get him to leave. And the last thing we need is Miller starting for us for the full duration of his contract. Not that there is anything wrong with Miller. Hes not our future and if we expect to have a goalie future, it may be time to hand over the keys to one of them.

What do you suggest we do with his 6 million contract in the meantime then? Has someone played a little too much Xbox? :picard:

His salary is irrelevant. Hes earned/earning his money this year. One way or another. As for the next two. Im going to assume whoever hes playing for will be paying him? Do you think I'm wrong that Miller is a stopgap?

I think like the Luongo/Schneider fiasco that management will try to get the best deal that will help the team, in the off season. Whether thats Eddy or Miller I imagine the market will dictate. What we want is not neccasarily what happens. Dissing Miller prematurely will only further the probability of another goalie fiasco. Just what we need is another pissed off goalie for 2 more years that we cannot trade. Sounds like a good plan to me.

You could be right. Hasn't lack done enough though? Picking Miller would be a repeat of the last Fiasco. Who knows what will happen. I just thought it was better to just pick Lack now and let Miller pick his retirement city.

Now that this season is over and we know Lack is a legit starter hindsight is 20/20. Last year, Management was not convinced of that yet. Miller was insurance we still had a competing team for this year. I think we have the luxury of having an EXTRA goalie for trade bait next year. Lets just not piss off Mliler where he wants out and once again our leverage will have disappeared and we will get nothing for him in return.

Have to agree that miller is #1 but because of the timing of his return it's clear that lack will be our starter heading into the playoffs.

If lack plays well and the Canucks keep winning it may be lacks net for the playoffs.

I retract my earlier statements and will go ahead and agree with Ninos

... Sorry guys I have a natural instinct to take the veterans side. Hope Eddie has a good playoffs!

Guest Dasein

Miller could not properly push off with his right leg on Yakupov's goal - one that he would have had with his left pad if he was healthy and able to go across in time

He also had a hard time getting up after making a few saves and his movement was off. He's not 100% game ready yet imo - needs more strengthening on that leg and have better reads on shots

That being said, WD should not show his hand and make Calgary to prepare for both goaltenders

Archived