The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eddie Lack as our number 1.

kidkurse

Miller could not properly push off with his right leg on Yakupov's goal - one that he would have had with his left pad if he was healthy and able to go across in time

He also had a hard time getting up after making a few saves and his movement was off. He's not 100% game ready yet imo - needs more strengthening on that leg and have better reads on shots

That being said, WD should not show his hand and make Calgary to prepare for both goaltenders

I agree. He did not look game ready. This time of year everything is a question mark.

I thought I heard somewhere where Willie made the call that Eddie is going to start, not sure source but I thought i remembered that. Regardless, Miller played better as the game went on but you could see he looked sore getting up after saves still, and his timing and speed was a bit off. He over-committed, lost his net and regardless of how his knee feels, the body still tries to protect it regardless (This is being said as a goalie coach with knee issues). Lack should start, because he is in game shape, which is way different than practice shape and he's tracking the puck very well right now. Look at Ottawa, Anderson came back from injury and proceeded to be mediocre, and Hammond came in and has pretty much etched his name into Senators history with his performance, regardless of their playoff success. You play the hot goalie, until he falters which puts a positive pressure on both goalies to perform the best they can, goalies have a very good relationship with each other and want the best for each other and the best for the team.

Now the fact we have Miller as a back-up is an unbelievable positive that no other team can really boast having as good a one-two punch as us. Its a blessing and a curse as these controversies get drummed up by people trying to make something out of nothing (the press). The series will be won or lost on shutting down the scoring of Calgary's top line, and the secondary scoring we can put up.

Well said. For the people of this mindset, reality is a beautiful place eh?

Assuming that Miller stays out, and Eddie Lack brings us into the playoffs. If Eddie were to start, and maybe even carry us into the 2nd round.. Wouldn't he have then proven that he can be our number 1 guy. We could then trade Miller (to the Ducks or SJ), and bolster up other areas of our team/creating cap space.

I can really see this happening. Does that make me crazy?

At least i know now that this is Jason Botchford's messageboard account.

A recovering Miller as back-up, is a very excellent luxury.

At this point I trust Lack more than Lu in the playoffs anyway. He's earned a shot and I'm stoked to watch him get his first career playoff start!

Come on. You're comparing 0 playoff games experience to Luongo?

W.e I'm not gonna waste my breath arguing about a player who asked for a trade from by far the greatest city/team of all time but COME ON!

Come on. You're comparing 0 playoff games experience to Luongo?

W.e I'm not gonna waste my breath arguing about a player who asked for a trade from by far the greatest city/team of all time but COME ON!

I'd trust 0 games over unsatisfactory performance in the playoffs any day of the week. Lack doesn't seem like the type to let the pressure get to him either.

Archived