The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eddie Lack as our number 1.

kidkurse

eddie has a long way to go... canucks have to now go 0-3 in order to not make the playoffs...la i see as a fail phoenix i see as a possible point and the oilers could go either way... no offence but i am scared when lack is net... i actually felt more comfortable with Dan Cloutier....

The Lack haters out in full force. The guy looks tired It's so obvious. It's not Lack's fault Markstrom shat the bed in his 1st start. If he had played well, WD would actually rest Lack. The overall defensive play of the Canucks is a joke too.

Signing Miller wasn't the mistake. Giving him that term and $$ was/is the actual problem. Should of been 2 yrs at 5 per. Oh well. I'm looking forward to having both Miller and Lack in the playoffs (if we get in)

The Lack haters out in full force. The guy looks tired It's so obvious. It's not Lack's fault Markstrom shat the bed in his 1st start. If he had played well, WD would actually rest Lack. The overall defensive play of the Canucks is a joke too.

Signing Miller wasn't the mistake. Giving him that term and $$ was/is the actual problem. Should of been 2 yrs at 5 per. Oh well. I'm looking forward to having both Miller and Lack in the playoffs (if we get in)

Markstrom played a second game allowing only 1 goal and looked solid

Markstrom should have played one on this trip.

If an unknown like Hammond can sweep California(resuscitating Ott's whole season), surely a leading AHL star can get in a few times.

Hammond is an exception to the rule - he tied a 70+ year record and has been a sportswriters dream. Markstrom just isn't reliable enough at this point in his career to be put in these must win games. Hindsight is 20/20 and clearly Eddie is tired, but WD is in a tough situation where he has to put his team in the best situation to win EVERY game. Even in the Arizona game where Markstrom won he displayed horrible rebound control. Put him against a team that doesn't have the 2nd worst GF and he gets pulled within 5 minutes.

They're playing him too much. That Scheifle goal was weaker than a teabag in the ocean. His play of late shows it clear as a bell. He needs a rest and the coaches are too daft to see it. They should have let Markstrom take todays game and let Eddie rest up for LA. Or better yet rest him for the Chicago game and give him the Jets with three days rest.

Like someone said, he's been swimming more than Mike Smith flops.

Im not comparing the two, because Lack is a much better goalie, but it reminds me if the timer Cloutier got hurt (surprise surprise) and we had to rely on Alex Auld for the Majority of the season, he was the team MVP but just wasn't cut out for it

Have i talked to lack personally, actually yes I have a few years ago I got to meet him, when Lack and a close buddy of mine played together in chicago. Have I talked to Lack personally about his contract situation. No, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to think about the current situation Lack is in.

Lack will be 28 next season in the prime of his goaltending career, Most NHL players only have 5-6 years of prime years where they can rack in the $ that will set them up for the rest of their lives. Next year is a contract year for Lack. Is he really going to want waste one of his prime years with a 30-50 split. A decent split season makes him what kind of contract next year? 2 maybe 3 million short term. Compared to a decent season as a NHL starter. Now were talking around 4-5 million, long term, no more contract pressure, set for life type deal.

Tell me prior to last season what signs did you see from lack to show he was ready to be even an NHL back up? Thats right last year, the year he turned 26 was the first NHL action he got to see. Markstrom is currently a year younger than that. Give him next year being the back up and go from there.

You are ASSUMING way too much on what Lack is thinking. Lack has not proved he can be a full time goalie in the NHL yet. He has played great as a back up but has faultered on his stints as the #1. He has had some great games but he struggles to be consistant game in and game out. The last couple of games he has played are good examples of this. He usually plays a calm collective game but he has those games where he overplays on his side to side movements where he puts himself out of position. Other posters have seen it as well. Most games he has been lucky and the opposing team has usually missed the net on their shots when he gets himself out of position.

When Lack first entered the NHL you could tell he was a good goalie but I cannot really say the same for Markstrom. Maybe he will get better but only time will tell whether he is an NHL calibre goalie or not.

Thought some might wana know that Lu and Lack have the same save % at .921

GGA is also very close with lack at 2.45 and LU ar 2.35.

It's easy to suggest " chasin Lu out of town" was a mistake, but when u look at the numbers , this year we are finding that it wasn't a bad thing at all

Well luongo is playing on a weaker team, not saying luongo is better by a landslide but he is still an elite goalie. Lack might be there one day, I'll be sad if they dish him off while his value is at a career high.

Thought some might wana know that Lu and Lack have the same save % at .921

GGA is also very close with lack at 2.45 and LU ar 2.35.

It's easy to suggest " chasin Lu out of town" was a mistake, but when u look at the numbers , this year we are finding that it wasn't a bad thing at all

"Chasin lu out of town" was a mistake? Who would say such a thing?

Well luongo is playing on a weaker team, not saying luongo is better by a landslide but he is still an elite goalie. Lack might be there one day, I'll be sad if they dish him off while his value is at a career high.

Canucks have allowed 217 goals against. Florida has allowed 221 goals against.

That really isn't much of a difference in terms of how much better the Canucks are vs the Panthers.

Archived