The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eddie Lack as our number 1.

kidkurse

Games played. Effects those stats to say lacks numbers would be same if he played the entire season is just a guess.

He's played good leave it at that.

Lu has only played 41 games. Granted,Eddie is only played 21, but it's not like Lu played a full season either

Canucks have allowed 217 goals against. Florida has allowed 221 goals against.

That really isn't much of a difference in terms of how much better the Canucks are vs the Panthers.

Vancouver has scored an average of 2.84 G/G (8th in the league) while Florida has scored only 2.41 G/G (25th in the league.) BIG difference.

Lack is playing well, but you can't accurately compare a full time starter with a backup. Luongo has played in 20 more games than Lack and actually started 26 more games. There's no way to know for sure if Lack's stats would have remained as high (or even higher) had he played a more similar number of games. Remember, Lack's SV% before yesterday's game was .919. He's played well for us and certainly well enough to give his team a chance to win almost every game he's played, but he's not yet equal to a goaltender of Luo's standing.

Lack is one of the main reasons why we made it to the post season

Gave the team the stability we needed especially down the stretch

With some tough teams, we managed to come out victorious

But Luongo plays for Florida

They came 2nd last a season ago

Still elite

Luongo is a highly consistent regular season goaltender and you can always count on that. Lack has a ways to go before he can achieve Luongo's regular season status, but I wouldn't be shocked if Lack found an extra gear or two and surpassed Luongo's status in the postseason.

Luongo stinks in the playoffs and I think Lack will be a lot better.

Don't look now but Lack's SV% and GAA have both crept back to better than Miller's after a couple tough games ;)

Actually, they've been better than Miller's for about half the season. Shockingly, it's taken until now for people to try to depose Miller as our starter whereas last season it took only (literally!) a few games for people to be willing to throw away the best goaltender in franchise history. For the record, this is a big part of why people hate our fans.

And, it's wrong. You don't throw your starter out just because your backup is playing well, you count your lucky stars. Miller is our starter and he has the playoff experience that Lack lacks. If Miller starts having trouble then of course we give Lack a chance, but until then it's still Miller's net. If we want players to have loyalty to the team, the team needs to show them some loyalty too.

Luongo is a highly consistent regular season goaltender and you can always count on that. Lack has a ways to go before he can achieve Luongo's regular season status, but I wouldn't be shocked if Lack found an extra gear or two and surpassed Luongo's status in the postseason.

Oh boy... I thought we moved on from Cory vs Roberto to lack vs Miller

Now back to Eddie vs Roberto? Hahahah

Not sure why people keep saying lu for the Panthers goalie... Lu is a Vancouver tradition and should only be used to identify the freight train luca sbisa.

Anyways Miller > all of em

NO YOU STINK.

I THINK LUONGO SMELLS A LOT BETTER THAN YOU

Actually, they've been better than Miller's for about half the season. Shockingly, it's taken until now for people to try to depose Miller as our starter whereas last season it took only (literally!) a few games for people to be willing to throw away the best goaltender in franchise history. For the record, this is a big part of why people hate our fans.

And, it's wrong. You don't throw your starter out just because your backup is playing well, you count your lucky stars. Miller is our starter and he has the playoff experience that Lack lacks. If Miller starts having trouble then of course we give Lack a chance, but until then it's still Miller's net. If we want players to have loyalty to the team, the team needs to show them some loyalty too.

I know they have. There were those couple bad games where his GAA crept over Miller's and all his detractors were quick to point to it. They're back wehere they should be now ;)

And no, you don't go with a cold Miller in game one. He's playing Saturday to make sure he's ready in case we need him, not to play game one.

The problem with keeping Miller is that he won't put up with playing only 40 games. His cap hit is way too high for a tandem, and conversely I think Lack has played far too well the last two seasons to only get 20 starts per season.

Until Miller was hurt, Lack could barely get in the crease. That's a huge problem. If this trend continues, the Miller signing could be a hindrance.

Of course the Canucks are stronger with both, but as we have seen before, you can't have 2 starters.

Yes same old dumb goal tending fiasco. This is because management for years banks on strong goaltending rather than strong players.

I agree with you for the most part but I think you go with the goalie that's ready to play because in the playoffs you can't afford to drop even one game getting the goalie up to game speed.

I'm all for miller starting if it weren't for the fact that we have ONE game left and he's not played in ages....

Start lack, practice miller hard and get him ready if we need him. Next season it's millers net again unless lack takes us to a cup.

Archived