The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eddie Lack as our number 1.

kidkurse

I do think Lack will end up getting the start if Miller seems to be having a lot of trouble tomorrow but other than that I fully expect Miller to start game 1 of the playoffs. Otherwise, what do we do if Lack can't handle it? Then throw in an even colder Miller into a win or we're out situation? Goalies have to come back from injuries all the time. You don't just not start them because of that. Miller has playoff experience and should have no trouble getting ready for it.

Either way, I guess we'll see soon enough. :)

I dont think Eddie should have to take us to a cup, but I agree with the rest of your statement.

"Have to..."...? :blink:

Someone is sure to get traded, all we know is that this time it's not Lou? ;)

I'd be more than happy to "Ehrhoff" Miller's contract if it meant $6m in cap space to upgrade our D.

I dont think Eddie should have to take us to a cup, but I agree with the rest of your statement.[/quote

It's not that he has to take us to the cup but if he were to then he would be our #1 without question. It's millers net next year unless lack packs us on his back in the playoffs or unless he's traded.

I do think Lack will end up getting the start if Miller seems to be having a lot of trouble tomorrow but other than that I fully expect Miller to start game 1 of the playoffs. Otherwise, what do we do if Lack can't handle it? Then throw in an even colder Miller into a win or we're out situation? Goalies have to come back from injuries all the time. You don't just not start them because of that. Miller has playoff experience and should have no trouble getting ready for it.

Either way, I guess we'll see soon enough. :)

Just not sure that one game vs a sub par team is all that miller will need to be ready for the intensity of the playoffs.

I know they have. There were those couple bad games where his GAA crept over Miller's and all his detractors were quick to point to it. They're back wehere they should be now ;)

And no, you don't go with a cold Miller in game one. He's playing Saturday to make sure he's ready in case we need him, not to play game one.

So how does this make sense that we start an unproven back up goalie who others have stated that he is playing tired to a fresh proven veteran who was playing well before his injury? I love what Lack has done lately but he is still the "Back Up" on this team and will be like that until a change/trade has happened in the off season. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here and just be happy we have two great goalies right now.

So how does this make sense that we start an unproven back up goalie who others have stated that he is playing tired to a fresh proven veteran who was playing well before his injury? I love what Lack has done lately but he is still the "Back Up" on this team and will be like that until a change/trade has happened in the off season. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here and just be happy we have two great goalies right now.

Because this:

Just not sure that one game vs a sub par team is all that miller will need to be ready for the intensity of the playoffs.

Miller has not played in MONTHS. Eddie's more than shown he's ready to play. If he or the team falters, we have the luxury of having another really good (albeit cold as ice) Miller to come in. Lacks also quite arguably the better goalie at this point, even if Miller wasn't "cold".

I'm having this weird, unnerving feeling that management is pushing for Miller to start. Would it make me a bad fan to hope Miller doesn't play TOO well tomorrow against Edmonton? If he plays average or worse I think its clear we stick with Lack and theres no way management can justify doing otherwise. If Miller plays well, we have a full fledged goalie controversy on our hands.

Eddie Lack is on a roll and has played well enough down the stretch to earn his start in game 1. You wouldn't see Dave Cameron start Craig Anderson in the playoffs over Hammond. I would feel much more comfortable with Lack in net at this point.

Okay, maybe I don't want Miller playing poorly tomorrow, I just don't want another goalie controversy heading into the playoffs.

Go Canucks,

Start Lack

Please

Please

PLEASE

Miller is our $6M dollar man. If he is ready he will get the start. Lack has played well down the stretch but he's only got 82 games of NHL regular season experience and zero experience in playoff games. Miller on the other hand has a proven track record in the playoffs and he's being paid to be the number one, not sit on the bench, so he will play.

I'm having this weird, unnerving feeling that management is pushing for Miller to start.

Yes. me too. Miller is management's golden boy, so it makes me nervous that miller is around too because willie with have the urge to play him despite lack being better. It would have been best for this team if he was still injured because all he can do now is be a distraction for this team during the playoffs.

Miller is our $6M dollar man. If he is ready he will get the start. Lack has played well down the stretch but he's only got 82 games of NHL regular season experience and zero experience in playoff games. Miller on the other hand has a proven track record in the playoffs and he's being paid to be the number one, not sit on the bench, so he will play.

Yeah his .897% SVP in last years playoffs is quite the track record... Ilya Bryzgalov is still being paid by the flyers so I'm assuming they should dress him tomorrow against Ottawa???

Yeah his .897% SVP in last years playoffs is quite the track record... Ilya Bryzgalov is still being paid by the flyers so I'm assuming they should dress him tomorrow against Ottawa???

Yup! Miller has a proven track record of choking in the playoffs recently! Too many people are living int he past with miller and think it's 2010 or something and don't see how much miller has declined since then. The blues couldn't wait to cut bait with him after the playoffs.

I'm actually shocked how many people still want a goalie with at best equal (in reality slightly worse) stats and hasn't played in MONTHS to play game one of the playoffs :blink::blink:

-Lack's playing well.

-Lack has better stats.

-The team is playing well in front of Lack and is winning.

-Lack is not coming back from a serious injury and not playing in months.

A paycheque and "experience" are silly reasons to ignore facts/reality.

Yup! Miller has a proven track record of choking in the playoffs recently! Too many people are living int he past with miller and think it's 2010 or something and don't see how much miller has declined since then. The blues couldn't wait to cut bait with him after the playoffs.

Miller had 0 interest in signing in a dump like St Louis. He wanted to live in a nice city.

Miller wasn't their problem. Their lack of depth was and defensive breakdowns. Miller will lead Vancouver.

Miller had 0 interest in signing in a dump like St Louis. He wanted to live in a nice city.

I didn't realize goalies only play to their potential when they play in a nice city? Guess Chris Osgood didn't get that memo in 08. Someone should also break the news to Ondrej Pavelec.

Miller wasn't their problem. Their lack of depth was and defensive breakdowns. Miller will lead Vancouver.

Nice excuses you got there for your boy! Miller was a sieve during the end of the regular season and in the playoffs. I wonder what makes you such a hardcore miller fanboy. Vancouver wasn't even miller's first choice and he would have signed with anaheim or sj if they wanted him.

Miller has missed 21 games ....one quarter of a season and he will likely have 1 game prior to the playoffs to test his leg.

He is not in game shape at all so how many games can you play him before he tires? What if he srinks the plaxe out against Edmonton...so you start him and give him a chance at redemption or let him sit on the bench stewing about it ?

It is unfortunte Ryan got injured when he did as it has created a big unknown about his readiness to play in the playoffs.

Nucks management talked lots about "earning ice time" which for goalies equates to "earning the crease". In my opinion, eddie has earned the crease by playing very well under the pressure of having to make the playoffs.

Miller will likely get his chance but to me, the crease is Eddie's to lose.

It is unfortunte Ryan got injured when he did as it has created a big unknown about his readiness to play in the playoffs.

It was actually the best thing to happen to the canucks this season. Lack was outplaying miller, but miller had golden boy status so lack could never win the number 1 job fairly based on merit. The injury opened the door for lack to prove once and for all he's better than miller and capable of being the number 1.

Nice excuses you got there for your boy! Miller was a sieve during the end of the regular season and in the playoffs. I wonder what makes you such a hardcore miller fanboy. Vancouver wasn't even miller's first choice and he would have signed with anaheim or sj if they wanted him.

It's impossible to know how far down the list the nucks were if they weren't at the top, he wanted to play here and I'm sure he had other options.

Sure he had a bad end of season with the blues but he's played well most of his career, in important Olympic Games and with us.... So go away.

Despite my defense of miller I still think we roll with lack.

Archived