The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(DISCUSSION) What could've been

Scorvat

Now Ryan Kesler was my favourite player. Key word "was". But could you imagine Kesler being on this team? Just picture this top 6:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Vrbata

Would help a lot with out faceoff problems.

Would be a great physical presence.

Him and Vrbata together would be deadly.

Powerplay and PK would be a lot better.

Lets face it. He may be that peice we're missing come playoff time. (Fingers crossed that I am wrong)

If Kesler thought we would be this competitive he would have agreed to stay here. He thought the same way a lot of us thought after last season ended. That we would be in a rebuild mode with no real hope at a cup run. At the beginning of the season i figured at best we would make a wildcard spot.

Ana

Lak

Sjs

Van

Edm

Cal

Arz

That was my prediction on the division standings.

Who knows, maybe Kesler comes back when he is a UFA. If we prove we are contenders next year it very well could happen. If we still had Kesler i think we would be leading the division. Heck we would be talking about another possible Presidents Trophy.

Hopefully we take out Anahiem in both this year and next years playoffs. Then Kesler would have to come back, right??

How do you guys think we would do if we still had Kesler? SC? :towel:

Yea no one on the second line would see any passing.

Sbisa, Bonino are more valuable to us than kesler. Not to mention the cap space... Which let us fit in the real #17

Imagine this team with Bonino and sbisa instead of kesler... Droooooool.

Yea no one on the second line would see any passing.

Sbisa, Bonino are more valuable to us than kesler. Not to mention the cap space... Which let us fit in the real #17

Imagine this team with Bonino and sbisa instead of kesler... Droooooool.

Wrong.

Sbisa and Bonino are not more valuable to us than Kesler. McCann is what makes it a decent, but not great trade. McCann could turn into a Kesler type player making it a steal of a trade. But were talking roster as it is right now. I dont know about anyone else, but i would much rather a Kesler than a Bonino/Sbisa on my team. Just my opinion.

If we still have Kesler we would not have the cap space to sign Vrbata or Miller. So this would be a different team.

Sbisa- 2.175M

Bonino- 1.9M

Both- 4.075

Only less than 1M less than Keslers contract. Benning could have still signed both wether it was for a bit cheaper (Miller wanting to be close to wife) or trade 1 for 1 to free a bit of cap, or dump a contract for a pick.

It could be basically the same team with Kesler in and Bonino/Sbisa out

Wrong.

Sbisa and Bonino are not more valuable to us than Kesler. McCann is what makes it a decent, but not great trade. McCann could turn into a Kesler type player making it a steal of a trade. But were talking roster as it is right now. I dont know about anyone else, but i would much rather a Kesler than a Bonino/Sbisa on my team. Just my opinion.

Nope. Disagreed.

Sbisa brings fear into opposition with his hits. Solid since second half, he's been great.

Bonino is producing more points per 60 minutes played even strength...

Both for less of a Cap hit

Vancouver won the Bonino/sbisa trade.

Nope. Disagreed.

Sbisa brings fear into opposition with his hits. Solid since second half, he's been great.

Bonino is producing more points per 60 minutes played even strength...

Both for less of a Cap hit

Vancouver won the Bonino/sbisa trade.

Kesler doesn't put fear into opponents? Kesler is a superstar. Sbisa/Bonino are not. McCann is the hit or miss in this trade. If he dont pan out, we lost the trade. However he is one of our most exiting prospects

Wrong.

Yeah I agree the only thing that was good for us in that trade was McCann. Kesler is a beast we would be way better off with him on our team this year, he would also probably have a better attitude because we are doing so well. Bonino only shows up 'sometimes' and Sbisa is Mr give away but I'll give him credit he's been playing better lately, both of them have.

yeah i think we would be a legit contender with kesler and vrbata...it's too bad the coward jumped ship before he let benning work his magic.

with that being said bonino should be entering his prime next year and mccann looks real promising.

We could still have Vrbata and miller if we kept kesler. I explained it already!!

Its in the 6th comment.

Your logic was off though. Yes the cap difference between Kesler -Sbisa/Bones is less than a million, but it is also for 2 players. Less money spent on two roster spots even at equal dollars (Kesler vs Higgins/Hansen) is money better spent and allocated around the team.

Archived