The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(DISCUSSION) What could've been

Scorvat

Even if Kesler wanted to come back as a UFA, I'm not so sure the Canucks would even want him back. He bailed last summer when the going got tough, I doubt our players would be happy with him coming back now that the team is playing well again.

I think its a moot point, I thought he wanted to play for an American team anyway.

Wrong.

Sbisa and Bonino are not more valuable to us than Kesler. McCann is what makes it a decent, but not great trade. McCann could turn into a Kesler type player making it a steal of a trade. But were talking roster as it is right now. I dont know about anyone else, but i would much rather a Kesler than a Bonino/Sbisa on my team. Just my opinion.

Depth in the lineup is more valuable, than a self-center whiny brat, who left us hanging.

These kinds of threads are irritating, and honestly, troll af. Whats the point of looking back and saying what could have been? There is nothing we can do to change it, for better or worse, and its just going to make people mad/upset.

These kinds of threads are irritating, and honestly, troll af. Whats the point of looking back and saying what could have been? There is nothing we can do to change it, for better or worse, and its just going to make people mad/upset.

Well some people like to think "what if?"

I do. Why would you click on a thread that says "what could've been" if u hate what if threads? Are u a thread troll? Do u like trolling peoples threads? Im sorry if u dont like my thread. Feel free not to revisit. I promise, i wont get mad. Have a great, jolly, happy go lucky day sir.

What could have been? No playoffs and another dissappointing season is my guess. Kesler is long gone and he ain't ever coming back. Yeah our face off percentage has taken a huge hit. But our overall record and morale in the room has been night and day from last year. After one sour year and Kes wants to jump ship goes to show what kind of a team mate he is.

What could have been?

2008: Erik Karlsson instead of Hodgson

2009: Marcus Johansson instead of Schroeder

Then we'd have no need for trading for Ballard.

2010: Emerson Etem

2011 Rakell over Jensen.

We'd have a more stacked team than we have now.

^This. But, coulda, shoulda, woulda...can't cry over spilled milk.

Kesler doesn't put fear into opponents? Kesler is a superstar. Sbisa/Bonino are not. McCann is the hit or miss in this trade. If he dont pan out, we lost the trade. However he is one of our most exiting prospects

Kesler is not a superstar. His points per 60 minutes of even strength prove it. Bonino has more pp60/played

Bonino has proved this year he's a better penalty killer.

Sbisa hits harder And averages more huts per game

Neither are cancers on the team and actually pass the puck.

Canucks are better off.

'What if' posts like this just clutter up Canucks Talk, and have no relevance to the current team.

What if Naslund was still playing? What if we didn't trade Luongo for some pucks? What if Bure was on our third line? What if we signed Gretzy?

Meaningless.

Archived