The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This Is Our Year

Scorvat

This team is a great playoff team. They are arguably the deepest team in the league. We have struggled against weaker opponents, and with 1 game left we are in position to clinch 2nd.

Our record against possible playoff teams is great:

MTL: 1-1-0 (4GF-5GA)-SCF

TBL: 0-2-0 (3GF-8GA)-SCF

DET: 1-1-0 (7GF-6GA)-SCF

BOS: 2-0-0 (7GF-3GA)-SCF

OTT: 1-0-1 (7GF-7GA)-SCF

NYR: 1-1-0 (6GF-9GA)-SCF

PIT: 2-0-0 (8GF-0GA)-SCF

NYI: 2-0-0 (7GF-2GA)-SCF

WSH: 2-0-0 (8GF-5GA)-SCF

EAST RECORD: 12-5-1 (57GF-45GA)

NSH: 1-2-0 (7GF-12GA)-3rd

STL: 3-0-0 (14GF-7GA)-3rd

CHI: 2-1-0 (10GF-8GA)-2nd, 3rd

MIN: 1-2-0 (8GF-11GA)-2nd, 3rd

WPG: 2-1-0 (12GF-9GA)-2nd, 3rd

ANA: 2-1-2 (8GF-12GA)-2nd

CAL: 2-2-0 (9GF-8GA)-1st

WEST RECORD: 13-9-2 (67GF-67GA)

OVERALL RECORD: 25-14-3 (131GF-124GA)

Its not just our good record against top teams. Our PK is dominant and our PP is finally coming together. Lack has been stellar. Vrbata and Horvat are a threat every shift. All 4 line pose a scoring threat. Even the sedins will get more time against weaker defenders with us having such a deep team. Even if the Sedins cant produce we have player that can take over, such as:

Horvat

Kennins

Baertschi

Matthias

Bonino

Richardson

Vrbata

Burrows

Hansen

Kassian

Im not saying its going to be easy. But we are exactly the type of team that will make life miserable on another team in the playoffs. We make it past round 2 we should be golden. Us being a 4 line team should be in great shape to take on a banged up opponent.

There are A LOT OF SIGNS WE ARE GOING TO THE SCF!!!!

Flames vs Canucks 1st round series.

Pat Quinn.

100 year anniversary since the Millionaires won the SC.

Last time Rangers wont the President Trophy they went to the finals. Last time we beat Calgary in the finals we went to the finals. Both in 1994. Rematch?

Last time Hamhuis scored a PPG before the Coyotes game was 2011. We all know how far we went that year!!!

Top East Contenders:

NYR- Defense/Goaltending/Physical/Offense/Speed (they have it all!!!)

TBL- Speed/Offense/Defence

MTL- Goaltending/Speed/Offense

Top West Contenders:

NSH- Goaltending/Defense/Speed

ANA- Physical/Solid Top 6/Defense

VAN- Offense/Goaltending/Defence/Physical (they are)

PLAYOFF BRACKET

(updated daily)

MTL vs OTT

TBL vs DET

NYR vs PIT

WSH vs NYI

ANA vs WPG

VAN vs CAL

STL vs MIN

NSH vs CHI

2015 CHAMPIONS BABY :towel:

Love the optimism, but I disagree that we're Cup contenders. I'll be quite happy if we make the 2nd round of the playoffs.

Toughest playoff teams this year. In west

Kings

Ducks

Canucks

Predators

Blackhawks

Blues

Wild

Jets

Flames

If the Kings miss the playoffs, i think it will come down to the VAN vs ANA 2nd round series will decide who makes it out of the west. NSH is the only other team that could (should) beat us. But id be really dissapointed. Ducks or Kings not so much. I just dont believe the preds are as good as their record indicates. Rinne would have to be stellar.

Every Team that makes the playoffs are cup contenders since they are all contending for the cup.

Anything can happen in the Playoffs, teams gel or fall apart, injuries, favourable match-ups, luck, reffing etc etc etc...

The key to being a cup contender is getting to the playoffs as often as possible, simple equation more playoff appearances = Greater opportunity to win the cup.

The only team that really worries me is LA then again if we do have to play them 1st round and win I could see us being unstoppable.

I actually really want to come up against the ducks at some point think that showing kesler what a whiny brat he is would give them the edge they need to move past round 2.

So yeah anything is possible...

Still rather we didn't have to play LA.

The only team that really worries me is LA then again if we do have to play them 1st round and win I could see us being unstoppable.

I actually really want to come up against the ducks at some point think that showing kesler what a whiny brat he is would give them the edge they need to move past round 2.

So yeah anything is possible...

Still rather we didn't have to play LA.

If we make it to the 2nd round we will most likely play ducks.

Kesler vs Canucks god what a seried it would be.

Any team that makes the playoffs is a contender at that point. It's the nature of the game.

If one of our goalies goes into serious overdrive and heats up, it can mean the difference between a first round one-and-done and a finals appearance.

I said it at the beginning of the year. If we make the playoffs, we have a chance. They have to keep winning, and they keep having a chance to win.

Weird things can happen in the post season.

Rumour: (inside source)

Hockey gods dont like tortorella. NYR fired him and made it to the SCF. Now that we done it. The hockey gods are considering giving us the same reward.

LOL . The Tortorella firing is definitely the #1 reason why we will be in the finals. We should thank the guy for bringing so much positive change to the organization. :bigblush:

Archived