The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

This Is Our Year

Scorvat

Do people really not remember? We were a hurting machine going into that Boston series and they did us in by breaking Raymonds back and Edlers finger. Bieksa was already out with injury as was Burrows and yes Kesler was walking wounded as well.

Might have been someone else who was injured as well...Higgins?

Hank, Ehrhoff and of course, Hamhuis. Also, Malhotra was a shadow of his regular season self. IIRC, his face off numbers were far below those of his regular season, thanks to that eye injury.

Ironically, (with what occurred the following season) the only key skater for the Canucks that was relatively healthy was Daniel.

Do people really not remember? We were a hurting machine going into that Boston series and they did us in by breaking Raymonds back and Edlers finger. Bieksa was already out with injury as was Burrows and yes Kesler was walking wounded as well.

Obviously Im not the one with the memory problems! You guys just make crap up! lol. Raymond's back was broken in game 6. We had them down 2-0 and then had a complete melt down. At the end of the series we were so beat up because Boston played the body instead of the puck. Something that was a glaring deficiency in our game plan. Thanks to AV.

Entering that series Kesler was the only injured Canuck. Sure probably everyone had some bumps and bruises but so what, were talking about the Stanley Cup Finals for crying out loud !

When I watched the first round against the Black Hawks. I said that they didn't have the defensive style that they would need to go far in the playoffs. Well I thought I was wrong until Boston proved me right. With out defense you will never win the CUP ever !

Obviously Im not the one with the memory problems! You guys just make crap up! lol. Raymond's back was broken in game 6. We had them down 2-0 and then had a complete melt down. At the end of the series we were so beat up because Boston played the body instead of the puck. Something that was a glaring deficiency in our game plan. Thanks to AV.

Entering that series Kesler was the only injured Canuck. Sure probably everyone had some bumps and bruises but so what, were talking about the Stanley Cup Finals for crying out loud !

When I watched the first round against the Black Hawks. I said that they didn't have the defensive style that they would need to go far in the playoffs. Well I thought I was wrong until Boston proved me right. With out defense you will never win the CUP ever !

Fully agree with you. After game 2 I actually believed we were going to sweep Boston. We were the more offensive talented team which choked in the end. After game 2, we only needed to win 2 of the next 5 games. From the blowout game that Luongo had to the Sedin's pointless games led to the failed attempt at the Cup. I do not see injuries as an excuse for one second. If they were so injured, they would not have played at all.

We are a good team who is showing we can get up for just about anyone in this league. The only teams who I feel like we have little to no chance of winning are LA, and Anaheim. Any other team, I feel like we have as legitimate of a chance as any playoff team.

If we face Calgary int he first round, I think we can take them. Second round if we face Winnipeg, I think we can take them too. Third round and fourth round are too unpredictable to call now. And anyone knows, anything can happen in the playoffs. Injuries can be a huge factor as well as players getting hot. Lack or Miller could get hot, as we have seen them do in the past and steal a crucial game. Maybe someone like Vrbata will have a Justin Williams like playoff season and take over. We have a legitimate chance, and that's what the playoffs is about. Get your team in, which we almost are, and get your team hot, which we are starting to do, and anything can happen

Hamhuis. He would have been the difference.

Compared to other Western teams:

-Nashville: We have more forward depth, but they have better D and goaltending.

-St. Louis: Their top 6 beats ours, but our bottom 6 is better, they beat us on D, but we have them in net.

-Chicago: Their forward and defense is better, but I think we have them in net.

-Anaheim: I think all together their forward group is better, but our D and goaltending is better.

-Calgary: Deeper in every position.

-Minnesota: We have slight advantage I think at forward, they get D just because Suter is that good (although our's is deeper), and Dubynk's been playing well, but Miller's more experienced.

-LA: Don't look as good as they use to, but I'll give them forward and D for the same reason as Minnesota, except with Doughty, and they get goaltending

How much of an "IN YOUR FACE KESLER" would it be if we beat the Ducks in the 2nd round, and go on to win it all?

Man would that be sweet

Would rank amongst the best of the best "in your face" moments in sports.

Compared to other Western teams:

-Nashville: We have more forward depth, but they have better D and goaltending.

-St. Louis: Their top 6 beats ours, but our bottom 6 is better, they beat us on D, but we have them in net.

-Chicago: Their forward and defense is better, but I think we have them in net.

-Anaheim: I think all together their forward group is better, but our D and goaltending is better.

-Calgary: Deeper in every position.

-Minnesota: We have slight advantage I think at forward, they get D just because Suter is that good (although our's is deeper), and Dubynk's been playing well, but Miller's more experienced.

-LA: Don't look as good as they use to, but I'll give them forward and D for the same reason as Minnesota, except with Doughty, and they get goaltending

I think Chicago's top end forward talent beats us but overall forward depth is comparable. And with Kane out, their top end talent is only slightly better than ours (Kane, Toewes, Hossa, Sharp >> Sedins, Vrbata, Bonino but Kane is out so less of a gap). Their top end defensive talent is quite a bit better than ours but we are only slightly behind in terms of overall defensive balance. And I disgree that Crawford is worse than Lack/Miller. I think Crawford is at least as good as Lack and Miller; he's won a cup after all.

I think Chicago's top end forward talent beats us but overall forward depth is comparable. And with Kane out, their top end talent is only slightly better than ours (Kane, Toewes, Hossa, Sharp >> Sedins, Vrbata, Bonino but Kane is out so less of a gap). Their top end defensive talent is quite a bit better than ours but we are only slightly behind in terms of overall defensive balance. And I disgree that Crawford is worse than Lack/Miller. I think Crawford is at least as good as Lack and Miller; he's won a cup after all.

Chicago has a respectable bottom 6 and adding in their top 6, I'd give it to them. Keith is too much better than any of ours and their top 4 (adding Seabrook, Hjalmarsson, Oduya) is better than ours (Hamhuis/Edler/Tanev/Bieksa). Sbisa is nice for the 3rd pairing though. Also, Miller could have won just as easily won with Chicago in 2013.

Archived