The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Indiana's SB101 - Religious Freedom Restoration Act

Heretic

Yeah, I know, and I'm with you on pretty much everything there.

But people shouldn't be forced into serving other people, especially if people are going to harass them into doing it, which is why I don't get the boycotting.

Why are you trying to frame it as if it's forced? It's the service industry. There is no "other people". They are human beings and citizens, and they have to be the right to be served like anyone else.

Again, it's not about the enforcing the service to "others", it's about enforcing the universal right to be GIVEN service.

Yes, everything. Tell me what's wrong with everything on that post. Point by point, I want to know.

I want to know that race can be controlled and that there aren't people who believe sexuality can be controlled.

I want to know that there isn't a reason for why some people do things. Not even one that's deep, deep down inside that they don't even know themselves.

I want to know that people shouldn't be allowed to serve who they want, and that they instead should be forced by law to serve everyone, even if it's against their beliefs.

Is that better? I fixed "everything".

It's not fun when someone else makes wild illogical accusations without backing it up, is it? ;)

Yeah, I know, and I'm with you on pretty much everything there.

But people shouldn't be forced into serving other people, especially if people are going to harass them into doing it, which is why I don't get the boycotting.

Boycotting is not harassment. It's called capitalism. If you think businesses should be allowed to serve whoever they want, customers must also be allowed to choose which business they will spend their money at.

Boycotting is not harassment. It's called capitalism. If you think businesses should be allowed to serve whoever they want, customers must also be allowed to choose which business they will spend their money at.

Boom. Headshot.

Why are you trying to frame it as if it's forced? It's the service industry. There is no "other people". They are human beings and citizens, and they have to be the right to be served like anyone else.

Again, it's not about the enforcing the service to "others", it's about enforcing the universal right to be GIVEN service.

First of all, by "other people" I mean "all people who are not giving the service".

There will always be places that give services to everyone. Don't worry about it.

You know the part I bolded is already a thing, right?

It's your choice. You can if you want to.

Chances are, they'll let you smack their other cheek as well.

Well I'm sure we'll get very far as a species if we can just do whatever we want with no regard for others.

There will always be places that give services to everyone. Don't worry about it.

I'm sure there were plenty of fine white folk who said this to blacks around.. oh 60 years ago or so. Fine white folk. Mhmm.

Well I'm sure we'll get very far as a species if we can just do whatever we want with no regard for others.

I'm sure there are plenty of fine white folk who said this to blacks around.. oh 60 years ago or so. Fine white folk. Mhmm.

I said freedom of choice. There will always be people who choose to do good.

And fair enough, but it's not like it doesn't ring true. And look what happened 5-10 years later.

You know the part I bolded is already a thing, right?

He wrote it because your beliefs argue against it. Do you not even understand what you're saying?

It seems like you're taking the shattering of your beliefs really personally, but you have to understand we're ganging up on this idea because it stems from religious propaganda. You're not even spewing out your own beliefs, it's just archaic rhetoric that you've been indoctrinated to repeat like a robot.

Also, business have a responsibility to the community. They aren't allowed to do whatever they want. If they don't wanna serve gay people, let them stay in business, but take away all their city services, and see how long they last.

Businesses are encouraged to exist because they fill a need for the community. Why should gay people have to subsidize a business (through tax) that won't serve them?

He wrote it because your beliefs argue against it. Do you not even understand what you're saying?

It seems like you're taking the shattering of your beliefs really personally, but you have to understand we're ganging up on this idea because it stems from religious propaganda. You're not even spewing out your own beliefs, it's just archaic rhetoric that you've been indoctrinated to repeat like a robot.

Yes... are you saying people don't choose what business they buy from?

How are my beliefs being shattered? I said I wouldn't discriminate against anyone if I ran a business in Indiana. It's what Jesus would have done.

I just think that people should have a choice in who they serve first. Obviously, you have to weigh the costs. But it really wouldn't be that much different between choosing to sell things in Vancouver and choosing to sell things in Moose Jaw. You'll make way more money choosing to sell to a bigger group of people, but ultimately it's your choice if you want to choose a market of 35000 over 2.3 million.

Every person who says things along the lines of, "I don't understand why atheists always talk sht about religion. It's not hurting anyone" deserves Jazz as President, Prime Minister, and CEO.

Watch out, at least one of those could happen one day.

Trust me, I'm much more likeable, loving, and understandable in person than on forums. They're so... impersonal.

How are my beliefs being shattered? I said I wouldn't discriminate against anyone if I ran a business in Indiana. It's what Jesus would have done.

You choose to not take those actions, but you believe others should be able to do so. You're choice is good, your belief is stupid.

You choose to not take those actions, but you believe others should be able to do so. You're choice is good, your belief is stupid.

It's free will. You can do anything you want, but that doesn't hide the fact that there are consequences - good or bad - for what you do.

Archived