The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Predators

-Vintage Canuck-

Let me preface this by saying that I think both Stalberg and Gaustad were guilty of "making a meal of it", (to use the soccer vernacular) but the Canucks were just plain stupid in that game.

Burrows didn't deserve 5 and a game IMO, but it was interference and could easily have cost the Canucks in regulation. Bieksa's antics were no better. The hit on Stalberg was totally unnecessary (as was chirping Gaustad) and could easily have resulted in a major penalty.

Players are taught that it's a bad idea to put the zebras in a position where they might have to make such a call, especially in the other team's building, where crowd reaction can have an impact on the officials' decision.

Yes, calls were missed the other way, but in no way does it excuse the selfish and stupid decisions by Juice, Burrows and Kenins. This is basically playoff hockey at this point and the Canucks need to be a lot smarter than that.

I don't either, but I feel it's (the piss poor officiating) something that just develops over time and is like a festering wound that hasn't been attended to...it turns into something diseased and ugly. It isn't a "plan" but, moreso, a neglect and it's easier to go with the theme (that one team's always at fault). It's lazy. It's become "normal" to deal with the Canucks....they can't fly under the radar as some others get to in a blind air traffic controller way. They're labeled and so strikes go against them from square one.

It has become normal to focus on the Canucks/Burrows with the decisions often made (in the court of public opinion) before they're thoughtfully and carefully reviewed. Craig Buttonyourlip was a good example...he was ADAMANT and that's how it goes down at times, in a jump the gun way.

It'll take time to steer back onto the league's tracks but they are being forced to do so...it no longer makes the Canucks look bad, THEY look bad as they try to explain things away. I believe it's getting more difficult to and even they don't believe what they've gotten used to selling.

This decision has restored a bit of faith for now. It's a step in the right direction. All hope is not lost...it'll be a work in progress, but maybe the league can redeem itself. If they get rid of some of the blowhard media that reports on it (they do play into how people buy in). If you say something enough you can actually start to believe it. I don't even watch the people who like to hear themselves speak in post games shows any more. It's becoming less about reporting the games and more about translating them. Very poorly at times.

So....what exactly are you trying to say?

I've stated this before, NHL needs to bring in European refs, the ones they have right now are too stupid, blind, don't know the rules, paid off .

Are you serious? the Canucks would be playing a man down for the whole game. These clowns will give you a penalty for looking at another player the wrong way. :towel:

Not that I disagree with your point but those are about as "random" as these:

Posted Yesterday, 05:47 PM

Get outta here down two and chip away in the 2nd. 2-0 leads have been known to evaporate

Posted Yesterday, 05:48 PM

Glad we got out of that period only down by 2. Start the comback. It's going to happen!

Posted Yesterday, 05:49 PM

Hammer hasn't been 100% for a while now, playing injured most likely.

Okay, only down 2, could have been a lot worse.

Get out the smelling salts and come out strong in the 2nd.

Posted Yesterday, 05:53 PM

Need to refocus in the 2nd.

A 2 goal deficit isn't insurmountable, but we need to score early.

C'mon boys, we need the 2 points more than the Preds.

Posted Yesterday, 06:04 PM

Game is winnable -- Predators didn't look that great. Simply gotta show up, and for not just 20 minutes.

See, there's still fans here that can keep their composure. Sure would hate to be in a building full of CDC posters though when someone yells FIRE !!

I agree with you but I was amazed at the amount of Canuck player bashing that went on during the 1st periods of the last 2 games. I'm new to the process but has it always been this bloody negative? It irritated the hell out of me at times. It did make the Canuck comebacks all the better though just to see a lot of the negative posters eat crow.

I must admit that I almost blew a gasket last night reading some of those Canuck bashing posts and came oh so close to blowing up at the poster but thankfully didn't for now at least. As you stated, my cooler head did prevail thereby having a post of mine listed among your examples as such. lol

I agree with you but I was amazed at the amount of Canuck player bashing that went on during the 1st periods of the last 2 games. I'm new to the process but has it always been this bloody negative? It irritated the hell out of me at times. It did make the Canuck comebacks all the better though just to see a lot of the negative posters eat crow.

I must admit that I almost blew a gasket last night reading some of those Canuck bashing posts and came oh so close to blowing up at the poster but thankfully didn't for now at least. As you stated, my cooler head did prevail thereby having a post of mine listed among your examples as such. lol

The main reason I don't participate in the GDT, it is nice though when the boys are winning and up by 3/4 goals cause the obvious trolls disappear, same ones all the time too.

The main reason I don't participate in the GDT, it is nice though when the boys are winning and up by 3/4 goals cause the obvious trolls disappear, same ones all the time too.

Truth be told I shut down the GDT for bit until the Canucks started to come back.

Trolls, who needs them!

As for the call on Burrows, it was shameful. He gets that for basically standing his ground (he didn't change direction) and the predator who stuck his stick through Eddies helmet at his eye gets off with nothing.

I guarantee if a Canuck had done that he would have got a 5 game suspension.

That reminded me of when Byfuglien tried to rake out Luongo's eyes through the mask in the playoffs. Forsberg knew exactly what he was doing. Another example of how putrid the referees were in that game. Hopefully they are disciplined or at least lose the chance to do any playoff games this season.

Let me preface this by saying that I think both Stalberg and Gaustad were guilty of "making a meal of it", (to use the soccer vernacular) but the Canucks were just plain stupid in that game.

Burrows didn't deserve 5 and a game IMO, but it was interference and could easily have cost the Canucks in regulation. Bieksa's antics were no better. The hit on Stalberg was totally unnecessary (as was chirping Gaustad) and could easily have resulted in a major penalty.

Players are taught that it's a bad idea to put the zebras in a position where they might have to make such a call, especially in the other team's building, where crowd reaction can have an impact on the officials' decision.

Yes, calls were missed the other way, but in no way does it excuse the selfish and stupid decisions by Juice, Burrows and Kenins. This is basically playoff hockey at this point and the Canucks need to be a lot smarter than that.

Precisely.

I was shocked to see each player commit to each penalty justifiable play in this game at this time of year. Especially the extra verbal "contributions"

Personally I saw the kenins penalty and his ensuing ice time a real break in wd's consistent message to young players.

That aside it was the most entertaining game for me this year. A solid effort.

I wonder if Gaustad will get the Auger treatment for making the refs look bad. After all, the whole Burrows incident started with a dive that led to a Canucks PP in the previous game that Auger reffed. This time the refs won't be stupid enough to tell Gaustad he'll "get him" and the rest of the league learned through the Burrows incident that the league has no moral ethics or integrity and it's better to just take it instead of speaking out.

Down 2-0 in the first period. Came back.

Down 3-2 going into the third. Came back.

Heart wrenching tying goal. Shook it off.

5 minute powerplay going into OT. Killed it.

Win in the shootout.

THIS TEAM JUST DONT GIVE A ****

A whole team of Hansen's, I mean Honey Badgers...

Archived