The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Predators

-Vintage Canuck-

Hands down the best display of intestinal fortitude the Canucks have shown all season...this could be THE galvanizing moment for the Canucks -- the way they battled back...battled through five minutes of adversity -- or -- this could be the moment where the emotion and energy is sapped out of them and they've got nothing left for the rest of the season. I'm putting my money on the former.

Not only was tonight a big win, it was a huge moral victory on so many fronts. And they did this without any production from the Sedins (a nice combined -2 between the two of them).

Wow, what a win! I was sure that they were going to lose this game. Just amazed at how they played and especially Lack standing tall in the last few minutes after a sub par game. I've actually got a headache because of the stressful last minutes!

Why does Doug McLean have a job. He just talks at things and people, and it usually has no merit.

Also I called it tonight, 6 min mark of the 3rd penalty for us, and Alex Burrows getting some form of infraction for little to no reason especially to do with a French Canadieeeenn ref so.. I'm gunna stop predicting things

Burrows with a major for a high hit on Gaustad. Bieksa penalized with an illegal check to the head in first. League will likely look at both

So they give him a game misconduct in the third period instead of the first? Wha...How...wha...

The misconduct was for something he said not the hit in the 1st obv...

Jones puts Vrbata's head into the boards = nothing.

Forsberg tries to scoop out Eddie's eyes = nothing.

Burrows hits Gaustad while daydreaming = 5 minute major/misconduct.

Bieksa ejected for playing for Vancouver.

I hope Quintal uses the Robidas/Matthias hit as a precedent for no further discipline on Burrows.

Why does Doug McLean have a job. He just talks at things and people, and it usually has no merit.

Also I called it tonight, 6 min mark of the 3rd penalty for us, and Alex Burrows getting some form of infraction for little to no reason especially to do with a French Canadieeeenn ref so.. I'm gunna stop predicting things

The saddest part is that wasn't even a bold prediction. Things happened just as they were expected...

until we won. :bigblush:

Burrows with a major for a high hit on Gaustad. Bieksa penalized with an illegal check to the head in first. League will likely look at both

So they give him a game misconduct in the third period instead of the first? Wha...How...wha...

He didn't get a game misconduct he got a 10 minute misconduct. All jokes aside I'm glad the league is looking at the Burrows one because Gaustad faces a warning for diving.

I thought the refs did well...better than Stars until the major penalty. They did call hooks a little too easily, and they did miss a high stick to Lack and a cross check to Vrbata, but they were fine. Until the major...how does Burrows get a 5 minute major for interference. Yes, it was a 2 minute minor, but the refs didn't even call it...the linesman did! The refs are the only players able to hand out 5 minute majors, but the linesman handed it out. Also...what was Bieksa thrown out for? I didn't see anything.

Also, if Bieksa gets suspended for a hit to the head...or even a hearing...I'm going to scream..."WWWWHHHHHYYYYYY NNNNNOOOOTTTT TTTTOOOOOOFFFFFFFFFFOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLIIIIIIIII!!!!!!"

Archived