The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Predictions for upcoming Canucks cup run

Beary Sweet

Predictions  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

DING DING DING ITS PREDICTIONS TIME. How well do you think our Canucks will do ?personally I think we have the talent, depth, right coaching staff, management team to bring the cup home this year. We also have our farm team, Utica who's doing very well and are capable of winning the Calder cup. We definitely have the right team to certainly to do it. Of course without our #1 goalie Miller, it'll be difficult to do it. But with lack I certainly believe that he can win 16 games in the playoffs even if Miller is hurt. I don't wana hear peeps joining the lack bandwagon. Those types of peeps make me sick. I want you to have faith in him. He has all the tools to be a great goalie in the league. Lack is my idol as you see according to my profile pic. I just want you to be aware that I for 1 am a true fan of Eddie. But if your just joining his bandwagon for just winning games then what's the point then?? If he allows goals so be it. It's part of the game. Anyways, we have goaltending depth, offensive depth, defensive depth, etc. we are just a good team overall. When I watch every game, I always say to myself, my team is getting closer n closer to hoisting that cup. I certainly hope we get done

Go Canucks go!!!!

Thoughts?

Canucks win the Cup against the Boston Kings (a last minute fusion designed by the league) despite getting 3 game misconducts a game.

As the Cup is being presented, Eddie Lack is wheeled out in a chair (due to being physically maimed by Chara, yet somehow backstops the Nucks with 4 consecutive shutouts) and is presented the Conn Smyth Trophy.

Bettman annouces that he is instead rewarding the cup to Toronto, because the Toronto mayor's wife gives amazing [sEXUAL CONTENT REDACTED]. As he walks away with the Cup, Trevor Linden, alongside the ghost of Pat Quinn, ambush and beat the ever living crap out of Bettman.

Linden declares himself the new commissioner of the NHL, and Pat Quinn leaves for the after-life, having achieved what he wanted most. Apollo is hailed as a prophet, and eventually retires to a life of solitude. BananaMash makes the perfect sandwich, John Shorthouse buys the rights to Kraft Pourable Dressings, and Deb and Burr have 8 kids.

Seeing how there is a new found exuberance that comes from winning the last two games such a poll is not all that surprising.

The Canucks team that we have been witness to all season gets pretty content with themselves after a 2-3 big wins and decides to take the next couple of games off. They have yet to prove to anyone that they can finish out a string of games the right way.

To quote Willie, "you haven't done anything until you've done it", so I'll hold off from making any bold predictions until the Canucks have clinched a playoff spot and have shown that they can actually close out this road trip with wins in Chicago and Winnipeg. There's equal chance that tonight's big win over the Preds and the officials will either galvanize the team or drain the energy and emotion out of them. I'm hoping that it's the former.

So for me, I'm going to have to see if the Canucks have the ability to build on the successes they've recently achieved before I think they have a shot at a decent playoff run.

Canucks win the Cup against the Boston Kings (a last minute fusion designed by the league) despite getting 3 game misconducts a game.

As the Cup is being presented, Eddie Lack is wheeled out in a chair (due to being physically maimed by Chara, yet somehow backstops the Nucks with 4 consecutive shutouts) and is presented the Conn Smyth Trophy.

Bettman annouces that he is instead rewarding the cup to Toronto, because the Toronto mayor's wife gives amazing head. As he walks away with the Cup, Trevor Linden, alongside the ghost of Pat Quinn, ambush and beat the ever living crap out of Bettman.

Linden declares himself the new commissioner of the NHL, and Pat Quinn leaves for the after-life, having achieved what he wanted most. Apollo is hailed as a prophet, and eventually retires to a life of solitude. BananaMash makes the perfect sandwich, John Shorthouse buys the rights to Kraft Pourable Dressings, and Deb and Burr have 8 kids.

Should make that a full blown fanfic

This year is actually very possible that the Canucks will win the cup. Round 1 is a tough challenge getting either the Kings or Flames most likely. Round 2 Is either Anaheim, Winnipeg or LA. Anaheim is beatable, I'd say we have a strong chance against them. Round 3 will Be one of Minnesota, Chicago, St. Louis or Nashville. Minnesota is beatable again but has a strong defence and goaltender, and pretty good offense. St. Louis and Chicago, we seem to play our best game against those two teams. Nashville, if we play like tonight against them I'd say we have a pretty good chance! The cup Final, whatever comes out of the east I'd say the Canucks have a good chance. But the Rangers, Habs or Lightning get to the Stanley Cup Final then it'd be a tougher challenge, but I have a strng feeling that this is their year!!!

Boston is going to steal the 8th seed, and Vanouver and Boston will each make amazing runs to the finals for a 2011 rematch. The Canucks will blow out Boston in game 1. In game 2, Marchand will whack the Sedins, and then Dorsett will jump over the boards and murder Marchand with a huge hit. With Marchand dead on the ice, Derek receives a break away pass and buries game 2. In game 3, it will go to OT, where in OT, Bergeron hits Burrows, and Burrows retaliated by biting off 2 of Bergerons fingers, putting him out for life. Having enough of Boston's $!@3, the Sedin's will hit Milan Lucic so hard that he flies into his own bench and kills Claude Julien with the impact. Lucic in anger, gets out of the bench, skates towards the Sedins, trips on the puck and puts it in his own net for the game 3 winner, breaking his neck in the process. Game 4, the only Boston players left alive are Chara and Rask. Rask leaves his jockstrap in the net and bolts for Florida. Chara gets manhandled by the entire Canucks team and leaves the game with 17 concussions. The Canucks win game 4 172-0, Lack with the shutout, and win the Stanley Cup. When Bettman presents the cup, the Canucks beat him to death with their hockey sticks, and Kassian takes the Stanley cup out of his cold, dead hands, raises it above his head, and yells "F*** YEAH! F*** YEAH!!!!"

Bettman annouces that he is instead rewarding the cup to Toronto, because the Toronto mayor's wife gives amazing [sEXUAL CONTENT REDACTED]. As he walks away with the Cup, Trevor Linden, alongside the ghost of Pat Quinn, ambush and beat the ever living crap out of Bettman.

I see this as a definite possibility

Let's not get ahead of ourselves until we 100% clinched a playoff spot. I would love the Canucks to win a cup, but I believe the best Canucks team to have a shot at the Cup would still be sometime in the next few years with fully developed Horvat, McCann, Virtanen, Shinkaruk, Baertchi etc. But none the less, this Canucks team has been my fav Canucks team since 2011. Anything is possible in the post-season, but considering last year's chaos and our expectations at the beginning of the year, I think it is a success to just make the playoff and make it past Round 1. Anything further is just joy.

again Canucks fans starting threads like this, and this time you used the word "Cup Run" unreal. getting way ahead of ourselves here.

if we are to go on a cup run we need some help a long the way, such as upsets.

eg

we face Calgary in round1 instead of L.A

L.A needs to miss the playoffs.

Winnipeg or Minnesota needs to take out Anahiem, in round 1, so if we beat Calgary in round 1, we face the team Winnipeg or Minnesota in round 2, at this piont lets hope St.Louis has made it round 3, since Hitchcocks style of hockey seems to have problems against all out offensive systems. So lets hope we face St.Louis instead of Chicago in round 3, and bam.

yea we need some help, this team is can go on a long run, similar to the 94 Canucks were they didn't have to face Detroit in round 2. We faced Dallas instead of Detroit, huge difference.

so in other words we can go deep. For this particular Vancouver Canuck team, which is not fully assembled to Bennings vision yet, and us not being one of the true contenders at this point, we need other upsets in the Western conference.

I'm expecting a 1st round exit. We might be able to beat Calgary, but I'm not counting on us beating anyone else. Even Calgary has a deadly 3rd period game, so that could be nasty to play against too.

Of course I'm hoping for the Cup, but I'm not letting a couple of good wins against top teams sway me that easily.

If the Canucks stay healthy, all four lines are contributing, goaltending gets hot, and they get some good luck (cough refs cough) who knows. A Calgary matchup in round one would go 7 IMO. After that it's a toss up and they can beat anybody on any given night. Can they over the course of a series? TBD. I like this team a lot. A cup run is pushing it but not completely far fetched.

Archived