The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows not suspended for hit on Gaustad :Team 1040

cuporbust

Rightfully so. Would've gone mad if there was a suspension.

I'm obviously happy he still in the lineup, but just like the guys on 1040, I'm shocked. They said even Alex Burrows is probably shocked he didn't get suspended today

guy turns into burr as burr braces for impact and then it's a shoulder to shoulder hit, and guy collapses like a tonne of bricks (embellishment mayhaps?), i'd be pissed if there was a suspension for that (but not surprised). I am very happy (and surprised) to hear there's no suspension.

This would be very welcome news, and like other posters have said.. "as it should be".

But, I'll wait until April Fool's Day has passed - until I buy that report...or any news coming-out of that very heavily seeded DPS gang. It's a decision that just wouldn't be holding true to their past form.

Can't blame Canucks-fans for their shock and dis-belief, here, despite our knowledge that Burr and the Canucks were clearly being mis-treated and mis-judged by another biased crew of zebras - again.

Haha I was thinking the same thing. I've been checking their website periodically and the video link titled "Burrows will be suspended" is still up..

Lol. Ya I think he was trying to influence the decision. He probably should have kept his mouth shut until the decision was actually made.

That being said, I think everyone thought that was going to be a suspension, regardless of what your opinion on it was

Archived