The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Burrows not suspended for hit on Gaustad :Team 1040

cuporbust

What is a debatable two minute interference penalty - esacalates into - a 5 minute major, a game misconduct, and a flurry of debate over whether an inconsequential, shoulder to shoulder collision - is suspension worthy or not...

That is all about the haterade and has little to do with the actual severity of the 'act'.

That would be nice. But then no would be available to ref because they would all be serving suspensions.

I agree. There will always someone to take their place. Then we can enjoy hockey again without incompetent officiating.

Maybe the helmet cam will provide some semblance and consistency.

What is a debatable two minute interference penalty - esacalates into - a 5 minute major, a game misconduct, and a flurry of debate over whether an inconsequential, shoulder to shoulder collision - is suspension worthy or not...

That is all about the haterade and has little to do with the actual severity of the 'act'.

As I say…. they are just getting warmed up.

The media didn't want us here in the first place…. they'll be in a bad mood that they haven't been able to relegate us to the trash bin like they wanted to last season.

I remember making a post in October about how we were better than every media prediction was giving us out East… and that they would spend the 1st half of the year talking about when we would drop off and the last half of the year talking about how we couldn't do it in the playoffs.

You already know their storyline…. Sedins are too soft… core too old… goaltending questionable… they will cal us cheap shot artists and divers. They will say we lack players that can get the job done…. rookie coach… yada yada.

We are not the storyline they want to pursue. So they will make us the misfit. Bring it on… we know how it goes. The boys can do it anyway.

The media didn't want us here in the first place…. they'll be in a bad mood that they haven't been able to relegate us to the trash bin like they wanted to last season.

I remember making a post in October about how we were better than every media prediction was giving us out East… and that they would spend the 1st half of the year talking about when we would drop off and the last half of the year talking about how we couldn't do it in the playoffs.

You already know their storyline…. Sedins are too soft… core too old… goaltending questionable… they will cal us cheap shot artists and divers. They will say we lack players that can get the job done…. rookie coach… yada yada.

We are not the storyline they want to pursue. So they will make us the misfit. Bring it on… we know how it goes. The boys can do it anyway.

Yes. Bring it on. I prefer those clowns hate this team and continue to say so. I could care less what they think tbh. They just make it all sweeter.

But the official gong/clown show is another thing altogether - that is legitimately infuriating.

lol. just watchign SN's intermission.... the Canucks are the team they project to have the biggest problems in net....

lol. just watchign SN's intermission.... the Canucks are the team they project to have the biggest problems in net....

Definitely not St Louis, eh?

Or how about Ana, NYI, Cal, Pits, or TB?

Certainly not Det where a 23 yo Mrazek is being forced into service because Howard is playing awfully?

Great analysis as always.

Good. Let everyone who aren't part of The Democratic Republic of Canucks talk $h!t about the Canucks. Anything that will help the Canucks sneak a couple of wins before anyone takes them seriously is welcomed.

I like it when the Canucks are disrespected like this...I hope the players and coaching staff get a whiff of what the prognosticators are saying.

C'mon you media clowns...please, we implore, add more fuel to the fire.

Good. Let everyone who aren't part of The Democratic Republic of Canucks talk $h!t about the Canucks. Anything that will help the Canucks sneak a couple of wins before anyone takes them seriously is welcomed.

I like it when the Canucks are disrespected like this...I hope the players and coaching staff get a whiff of what the prognosticators are saying.

C'mon you media clowns...please, we implore, add more fuel to the fire.

Would a sidebar from tsn like this do? (hint, the answer is, not being guilty!)

TH: Examining how Burrows avoided suspension

What was the logic behind the NHL's decision not to suspend Alex Burrows for his hit on Paul Gaustad? TH discusses the league's ruling.

Button yesterday makes a complete ass out of himself going on a Burrows has to defintely be suspended rant.

Today: I understand why they never suspended him, it was a hockey play.

Idiot.

Lol literally just watched the "Insider Report" with Button eating crow. Beautiful.

the guys on tv dont know any more than we do .. even the ex players .. they also wanna be liked , and some will say whatever they have to for it to be be beneficial for them .. i dont put much stock into what they say

That's because the 'hockey reporter' is a the thing of the past. The guys who spent their lives trying to be more knowledgable about both the game and their craft. Journalism came first and they focused that skill on what they wanted to apply to it.

Now we have 'personalities.' People who don't know that much about the game aside from their personal experience and don't learn more, aren't that smart or educated to begin with and rose through nepotism, and don't understand the duty of the media in the macro-sociogical context… or don't care.

It's sad that gone are the days when a reporter and a coach could go out for a drink after the game, off the record, and share insight into each other's field while building mutual respect and admiration for the game that they loved and cherished. These days only ex-players usually have that access and they don't use it properly.

Spector is just a smug, bitter Oilers homer with a long history of hating Burrows and trolling the Canucks.

Life has gotten even harder for Spector after trolling the Flames and Canucks endlessly. He was revelling in the hopes that the Canucks were declining and that the Oilers had a huge head start on the Flames rebuild - only to find that he once again had to face the fact that his Coilers are a lottery team, while the other Western Canadian teams fight for playoff spots.

City of Champions no more. Deadmonton is a hockey intelligence graveyard.

Spector is just a smug, bitter Oilers homer with a long history of hating Burrows and trolling the Canucks.

Life has gotten even harder for Spector after trolling the Flames and Canucks endlessly. He was revelling in the hopes that the Canucks were declining and that the Oilers had a huge head start on the Flames rebuild - only to find that he once again had to face the fact that his Coilers are a lottery team, while the other Western Canadian teams fight for playoff spots.

City of Champions no more. Deadmonton is a hockey intelligence graveyard.

city of muggers

Archived