The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

THIS IS THE YEAR

Ronalds.Kenins41

Lets hope LA don't make it. They are the only team that I am scared of. Canucks, for whatever reason, still can't compete/beat them. The best in the west this year; NSH, ANA, CHI, ST. LOUIS, etc. we can beat. It's not going to be easy; playoffs never are, but we can play better against these teams then LA.

So here's hoping for a VAN/CGY first round, after that it could be a good run. Whatever happens, Canucks making the playoffs this year is a success - we were supposed to suck this year, what happened haha!

OP: You're my kind of crazy, I tend to think of myself as more of a realist, but I got a soft spot for flailing hippy "coincidences" and "numerology" BS.

I love it, love the bi-polar enthusiasm and insane straw grasping. I'm a full on nut-job too.

Honestly, anything can happen in the playoffs, anything. "Dark horse" isn't a term for loaded "built for the playoffs" teams, but it is a term for a team that really "shouldn't" be winning.....that's us:)

As I said, I'm a nut too, and I believe we potentially have one of those magical Stanley cup stories of the team that shouldn't, hated by the league, unfairly ridiculed by other teams fans, rookie stories, adversity, young goalie making his team believe and a bunch of team guys.

Anything can happen.. why not to us?

I think if the playing field stayed level then we'd have as good a chance as most of the other teams. We'd need a little luck, maybe a favorable matchup or two, and some hot play from our goalie and top skaters. Despite that, I'm just not sure if our Canucks are strong enough yet to get through four 'best of 7' series and the potential league (Bettman) bias.

Just enjoy the ride.

The boys have to treat this stretch of five like it was a playoff series best of five. No passengers - Play the 200 foot game, shift by shift. Hit hard where you can but don't take yourselves out of the play. Psyche up with music or whatever and know there's a few million fans counting on you guys. Turn pressure into power and don't get down if you do fall a goal. Try as hard as you can, if it's not enough then there's no reason for regret. Go Nucks Go!!!!. The Playoffs is a a new season and time to reset refuel when they get there.

4 out of 6? it's actually, it's actually a 100% success rate that either team that meets in round 1, Vancouver vs Calgary has gone on to the Stanley cup finals

1982 Vancouver vs Calgary winner of that Series went on to the Stanley cup finals

1989 Vancouver Vs Calgary winner of that Series went on to the STanley cup finals

1994 Vancouver Vs Calgary Winner of that Series went on to the Stanley cup finals

2004 Vancouver vs Calgary winner of that Series went on to the Stanley cup finals

2015 If Vancouver vs Caglary winner of that series has yet to be determined.

parallels to 1994.

the Current Vancouver Canucks does not have any parallels to the 94 team.

the only thing similar was that during the 94 season the Vancouver Canucks had a patch on their jerseys which was 2 pts for FG.

the team was playing for the late Frank Griffiths. The 1st and only owner of the Vancouver Canucks. He passed away that year, and that year the team deticated their season to him. During the spring of 94, some believe Frank Griffifs was with the team all the way.

fast forward to 2015, the Vancouver Canucks have deticated their season once again for a passed away legend. This time it's ex Coach/GM Patt Quinn. instead of having a patch on their jersey, the patch is on the helmet.

here is hoping Patt Quinn is with the team in spirit all the way to their 1st Stanley cup.

4 out of 6? it's actually, it's actually a 100% success rate that either team that meets in round 1, Vancouver vs Calgary has gone on to the Stanley cup finals

1982 Vancouver vs Calgary winner of that Series went on to the Stanley cup finals

1989 Vancouver Vs Calgary winner of that Series went on to the STanley cup finals

1994 Vancouver Vs Calgary Winner of that Series went on to the Stanley cup finals

2004 Vancouver vs Calgary winner of that Series went on to the Stanley cup finals

2015 If Vancouver vs Caglary winner of that series has yet to be determined.

parallels to 1994.

the Current Vancouver Canucks does not have any parallels to the 94 team.

the only thing similar was that during the 94 season the Vancouver Canucks had a patch on their jerseys which was 2 pts for FG.

the team was playing for the late Frank Griffiths. The 1st and only owner of the Vancouver Canucks. He passed away that year, and that year the team deticated their season to him. During the spring of 94, some believe Frank Griffifs was with the team all the way.

fast forward to 2015, the Vancouver Canucks have deticated their season once again for a passed away legend. This time it's ex Coach/GM Patt Quinn. instead of having a patch on their jersey, the patch is on the helmet.

here is hoping Patt Quinn is with the team in spirit all the way to their 1st Stanley cup.

I got chills reading that.

All we need to do is make the playoffs. This is the most wide open year I've ever seen. Literally anyone could win the cup. We've beaten every team in a playoff position at least once. It's very possible, but let's concentrate on the Chicago game to get to the dance before making plans to go have sex.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, so...you got me hyped. GO CANUCKS GO! :towel:

Assuming the Canucks make the playoffs (which seems very likely) I think they have an outside chance at the Cup.

This year there is about as much parity as you can get. No team looks dominant.

Of the 16 teams who will make the playoffs, any team can beat any other team if their goalie gets hot or if the other team has a key injury. If each team that made the playoffs had an equal chance of winning the cup, that chance would be 6.25%.

I put the Canucks chances of winning the Cup at about 6.25%

We just Eddie Lack to be hot and to avoid any more key injuries.

No I'm not joking.

I actually mean it. In 2011, our only sign was the fact Canadian Olympic cities went on to win the cup the next year. Look above, how many more signs do you need?.

It's just a coincidence that it's April's fools the day after the game happened and I posted this, I'm dead serious.

I believe.

Pretty sure you are fooling cause we have only played Boston 8 times since 2011 and Im pretty sure Thomas did not play the last 2 games for Boston. Oh and we won the last 2 games this year so nice try! LOL

I'm not going to say that this is the year but:

It's amazing how the new playoff format has turned out to be favourable to us. The Pacific Division isn't the powerhouse everyone expected, and actually gives us a better chance through the first two rounds than we'd have been looking at under the old format. Cup runs are about a team discovering itself in the early rounds and taking it to the next level. At least we have favourable conditions to do that.

Archived