The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tampa Bay bans other teams logos in parts of arena

Slegr

Not only are the Tampa Bay Lightning restricting certain playoff tickets to residents of Florida, they are also banning any team logos other than their own in certain areas of their arena.

Link:

http://www.ticketmaster.com/lightning-playoffs-round-1-home-game-tampa-florida-06-01-2015/event/0D004E69A8797A12?artistid=806028&majorcatid=10004&minorcatid=9

"Sales to this event will be restricted to residents of Florida. Residency will be based on credit card billing address. Orders by residents outside the selected area will be canceled without notice and refunds given.

Chase Club and Lexus Lounge ticket holders - please note that for all 2015 NHL Playoff Games at Amalie Arena, only Tampa Bay Lightning team logos will be permitted in these areas. Fans wearing visiting team logos will be asked to remove them while in the Chase Club and Lexus Lounge areas."

I'm of a mixed mind on this one. I've watched a game in Tampa, and it has been pretty neat to see the fans in that area support their team so much. I'd say it's a pretty significant accomplishment for such a warm-climate US organization to have the luxury to be able to limit tickets and dress codes to who they would like. Teams like Phoenix will take anyone. On the other hand, I thought the US was all about freedom. Imagine if the Canucks, or any Canadian market tried this bold move.

Lol kettle calling the pot black, I rememember in 11, a golf course renamed themselves "Canucks Ridge" from Predators Ridge when we played Nashville.

Tim Hortons changed the name of Boston Cream donuts to "Vancouver Creams Donuts"... Ohhh the memories :(

I think Boston Pizza in my town temporarily changed their name as well.

LOL, I guess they are afraid that they will be playing the entire series against Montreal as the road team.

I'm sure the Habs fans will still go there and buy the tickets from the ticket booth or the scalpers or whatever other methods that exist.

Guess it's only small sections so it's not that big of deal, still pretty lame.

It's fun getting into it with fans from other teams. There's was a group of kids from Colorado I met at the last game against the Avs. They were running around being overly excited jerkoffs after the Avs won. My friends and I ended up arguing with them for a bit before we realized how stupid we sounded and made up. So naturally we showed them the finest drinking establishments this city has to offer and got absolutely trashed.

Lol kettle calling the pot black, I rememember in 11, a golf course renamed themselves "Canucks Ridge" from Predators Ridge when we played Nashville.

Wow you used that over used saying completely in the wrong context.

1st: Where did the Canucks say anything at all (positive or negative) about what Tampa Bay is doing? So how is someone posting this story on the Canucks' website the kettle calling the pot black?

2nd The Canucks don't control what other private institutions do or don't do. If a Golf Course wants to rename itself what does that have to do with TB restricting where fans can be from or wear to a game? There is zero similarities between the two situations.

Perhaps if the Canucks came out publicly and condemned what TB was doing and then they themselves had similar policies in Roger's arena could you use that stupid little saying. Otherwise it has zero relevance here.

It sounds like it's just for certain corporate boxes. (Chase Lounge and Lexus Lounge)

If they're coporate boxes, they can enforce any policies they want (within reason).

i beieve those are the bar areas. I think they are just trying to avoid bar fights during the playoffs (or trying to make sure that only tampa logos can be seen on national TV when they cut to the bar for goal celebrations)

Archived