The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Average Vancouver home will cost $2.1 Million by 2030

key2thecup

If only wages will follow the same trend as housing.

It's sad to know that unless my parents or in-laws are leaving my wife and I a huge inheritance, most likely we'll be living out in the 'boonies. It's weird to think that maybe moving to Japan might be more financially affordable/feasible to starting a family compared to Vancouver.

I love Vancouver and I bleed Blue and Green, but it won't make sense paying A+ prices for a city that's only a B-ranked globally.

I've been lucky and this hasn't happened as much as in Vancouver here in Victoria thanks to zoning laws, but it's only a matter of time until people start to take a look at the little island next to vancouver and our prices get out of control.

Of course.

Life is hard.

But doable.

Adapt.

What if someone doesn't want to leave though? Your poem is pretty stupid. You can't have a city with the average house in the multi-millions. It's simply not sustainable. Something has to give.

What if someone doesn't want to leave though? Your poem is pretty stupid. You can't have a city with the average house in the multi-millions. It's simply not sustainable. Something has to give.

It wasn't meant to be a poem. My point revolves around complaining without taking action. Wants and needs are totally different. And imo sustainable or not doesn't matter for the majority who can't afford it. Most likely it won't change - there are no signs it will. You say "you can't have a city, etc...." Well guess what? That's the reality. It's been that way for a long time and only increasing.

When one is realistic about their capabilities then the decisions come honestly. A plan can be formed. Adaptability takes place . It's all about survival.

Try and envision yourself in the future in increments and ask yourself if "Vancouver" is worth it's price tag.

Is that stupid?

It wasn't meant to be a poem. My point revolves around complaining without taking action. Wants and needs are totally different. And imo sustainable or not doesn't matter for the majority who can't afford it. Most likely it won't change - there are no signs it will. You say "you can't have a city, etc...." Well guess what? That's the reality. It's been that way for a long time and only increasing.

When one is realistic about their capabilities then the decisions come honestly. A plan can be formed. Adaptability takes place . It's all about survival.

Try and envision yourself in the future in increments and ask yourself if "Vancouver" is worth it's price tag.

Is that stupid?

Yes, your ultimatum is stupid. Rather than discuss potential solutions to a growing problem your answer is to run away.

Get back to me when you solve greed.

Right, there's no way to affect real estate prices because people are greedy. Get back to me when you have a better understanding of economics.

I can't believe this thread is still open with the amount of straight up racism in it.

I can't believe you don't know what racism is.

Uhh OK.

Why don't you point out some of the "straight up racism" in this thread then? Because from what I understand it, you're saying that people being disgruntled about a house costing 2.1 million dollars is racism.

Why don't you point out some of the "straight up racism" in this thread then? Because from what I understand it, you're saying that people being disgruntled about a house costing 2.1 million dollars is racism.

A lot of page 2 for starters. But whatever, carry on.

Archived