The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks deserve a fan base like the Seahawks

fanfor42

The Patriots have footballs that make them better than they actually are.

#HashtagsdontworkonCDC

Obviously you don’t watch football but CNN instead because the balls were never actually under the limit by 2 pounds (except for one ball), which in that case it’s the refs jobs to check before the game. False accusations. Go cry to the refs fam or try to make up another story after the Pats beat that Seahawk ass.

As a honest fan- i decided to go on my ps3 instead - knowing Canucks were going to lose - i had a hunch w the addition of Anton Vermette in their line up- and while he was sound- THE FORCE he brought to the Hawks meant Canucjs can Go eat A SOCK.

Note: Canucks FAN

wINIPEG fAN

hAWKS FAN. aLL CANADIAN team fan..

I'm a fan till I die. I'm 19 years old. Say i live till 90, that's 70 years the Canucks have to become the dynasty every true fan dreams of. I can wait.

That's what I've been saying for 30 years.

I'm starting to get worried.

I'm a diehard Seahawks fan, so don't take this as me ragging on them. But the Seahawks fanbase is overblown. Its the fashionable thing in Seattle to cheer for their team, action green is the "in" colour right now. Half of these "die hard" fans have no idea who Steve Largent or Walter Jones is.

I get really tired of hearing how awful the Canucks fanbase is. Go cheer for another team.

This couldn't have said it better, the Seahawks were horrible for years and years. Lots of empty seats as well.

I do agree with some of the OP points - the fanbase here is pretty sensitive. I think it comes from 4+ decades of heart break and never winning the cup. Ive been following the team for over 30 years and I often joke that Ive been conditioned to expect to lose.

I also think that the fans in the arena could do a better job of providing a more intimidating atmosphere to the opposition. The 200 buck a ticket wine and cheese crowd seems to be happy to sit on their hands all night - im sure many are there just to be seen. I know people that bought season tickets during the juggernaut years (presidents trophy years etc) because "it was the in thing to do".

The place is like a mausoleum on most nights - they do nothing to provide the team with energy and they do nothing to make it an inhospitable environment for the visitors. Players often talk about how they feed off of the energy in the building, in the Canucks' case I think that that type of energy is sorely missing on most nights.

Oh man another "It's the fans fault" thread! When will people drop this stupid idea? So how do teams like Tampa or Anaheim win a cup? 99% of the people in those cities don't know or even care they have a hockey team! Gimme a break with it's the fans fault, it's getting real old and it's an ignorant argument. The on ice product has very little to do with the fans other than they buy enough tickets and memorabilia to pay the players wages. Most fans that go to games cheer, do you really think if we yell a few decibels louder the Sedin's will skate a bit faster or score enough goals in the playoffs to win a cup? Please drop it already!

I think that a big reason why teams like Tampa and Anaheim with the cup is because their management teams have significantly less pressure on them from the fan base to succeed. You could probably walk out of those stadiums during a game, walk 3 blocks in any direction and people wont even know that there is a hockey game going on.

Those teams can hide on page 6 of the local sports paper, they can suck for years on end and still sell seats because its a novelty. Meanwhile they can take their time and develop players, they can accumulate several high draft picks in a row - they can build a team without the overwhelming scrutiny of the media and fan base.

Contrast that with a Canadian market where there is tremendous public and media pressure on management teams to ice competitive teams every year. If things start going sideways there is a huge amount of negative energy surrounding the team. Look at Gillis - he went from hero to zero in no time. In these types of conditions GMs are bound to make more mistakes, the players will also feel the pressure. Its a big reason, I think, the Cup hasnt been won north of the border in 22 years. Even by the law of averages you would expect a Canadian team to win the cup once every 5-7 years - but its been almost a quarter of a century....

It's the culture of sport in general that's revered in the US that's cool to see.

You ain't seen anything until you've seen the Texas High School football championships being played in front of 80,000 fans.

It's just not part of the Canadian psyche.

The game is a huge deal in Texas but the 5A record is 54000.

I guess all those hardcore Hurricanes fans willed them to a Stanley Cup nine years ago. They aren't at the Carolina arena anymore, so maybe we can recruit them to take our place as Canuck fans and they can bring Vancouver a cup too.

I guess all those hardcore Hurricanes fans willed them to a Stanley Cup nine years ago. They aren't at the Carolina arena anymore, so maybe we can recruit them to take our place as Canuck fans and they can bring Vancouver a cup too.

Them and all those Devils fans who willed their team to a couple of Cups.

That just proves how little of a Hawks fan you are. Sure the Hawks are "in"

But that doesn't explain 11yrs straight of sellouts. The 12th man has been around for 20+ years and Sea has been a fantastic NFL market for decades. It makes the Canucks fan base look like chumps, in vogue or not.

I have a lofa tatupu jersey hanging in my closet. If you were a real Seahawks fan you would understand how overblown the fanbase is now.Yes they were supported before but nothing like the false hype that is right now. Their fanbase is no better or worse than the Canucks.

Obviously you don’t watch football but CNN instead because the balls were never actually under the limit by 2 pounds (except for one ball), which in that case it’s the refs jobs to check before the game. False accusations. Go cry to the refs fam or try to make up another story after the Pats beat that Seahawk ass.

I really don't understand you. You act like an impossibly sore winner, seek to antagonize another fanbase whenever you can, then get upset and throw out vague, unrelated accusations whenever someone fires back.

CDC needs an age limit.

Archived