The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks deserve a fan base like the Seahawks

fanfor42

I have a lofa tatupu jersey hanging in my closet. If you were a real Seahawks fan you would understand how overblown the fanbase is now.Yes they were supported before but nothing like the false hype that is right now. Their fanbase is no better or worse than the Canucks.

I really don't understand you. You act like an impossibly sore winner, seek to antagonize another fanbase whenever you can, then get upset and throw out vague, unrelated accusations whenever someone fires back.

CDC needs an age limit.

I wasn’t the one throwing out false accusations lulz. And it’s true that the Seahawks’ stadium makes them louder than they are. So what’s the problem captain? Bum bum still a little sore? #BEASTMODE #RUNIT

Oh and OP you mean fans like THIS

seahawks-fans-leave-early-can-t-get-back

In a playoff game no less, as the great one once said: DON’T TRY TO TEST ME WITH THAT $%^#!

I wasn’t the one throwing out false accusations lulz. And it’s true that the Seahawks’ stadium makes them louder than they are. So what’s the problem captain? Bum bum still a little sore? #BEASTMODE #RUNIT

Oh and OP you mean fans like THIS

seahawks-fans-leave-early-can-t-get-back

In a playoff game no less, as the great one once said: DON’T TRY TO TEST ME WITH THAT $%^#!

I'm clearly not the butthurt one, I don't know why you are so much though. "Your" team won the super bowl, you should be the opposite of upset

Naw...the Devils won cups with strategy. Stevens taking out kariya is a prime example of head hunting.

If you can't honestly beat them.......

Find them in the shooting lanes and take an "interference penalty "

Don't forget what he did against Philadelphia either. The Flyers were going to win that series being up 3-1 until Stevens practically murdered Lindros on the ice. Wonder how much of a suspension he would've gotten in today's NHL?

Remember Seattle is also blessed with a whole bunch of Canadian fans who make the trip down and support the team. There are bus trips out of pubs, etc. and because people here love the NFL, extra support is generated through people in Vancouver.

Their fans kicked it up with contention and a SB win. Not much different than what happened here in 2011 when the bandwagon spilled over. A lot of fair weather fans who disappear when the going gets rough.

Nucks are not winning championships like the Hawks. They have earned fans support to a degree but not to the same level . Us die hards will always be fans , but it's easy for anyone to be a Seahawks fan when they are going to the final big game for more than one year , and delivered a championship.

The Canucks need to reward fans for the 45 years of dissapintement. It's hard to compare the two teams and say the canucks "deserve" fans like the Hawks. Fans deserve a Stanley cup and havnt had one. Hawks have rings.

We have never seen a cup , and haven't even seen a final more than 3 times in 45 years. No comparison

QFT.

Something about many of our fans' mentality.

Imagine how different the storyline, and this thread suggestion, would be if we had won game 7?

I will always be a Fan , Win or lose, but obviously if the fans had been rewarded with a cup , even one cup in 45 years , there would be more support for the team. It's ridiculous to compare the Seahawks to the Canucks and say the Canucks deserve the same level of enthusiasm.

U can't go 45 years teasing a pro sports teams fans, throwing them through the high hopes of a cup and then crapping the bed , over and over and over and then say they deserve anything from anyone.

The Seahawks have delivered what their season tickets holders have paid for. Canucks havnt. That's just the unfortunate truth.

It's pretty remarkable to charge these ticket prices and sell out with no championships in 45 years. Division championships don't say Stanley on them. I'd say I kinda think they are getting the support they deserve. Maybe even a bit more

Don't tell me it's the fans fault we havnt won a cup. I love this team, always will , but that's ridiculous.

There was 150 thousand plus Downtown alone during 2011 in the streets supporting this team for each final series game. The city even put up massive big screens shutting down most of the downtown core. If support won cups , this team would be a dynasty

Don't forget what he did against Philadelphia either. The Flyers were going to win that series being up 3-1 until Stevens practically murdered Lindros on the ice. Wonder how much of a suspension he would've gotten in today's NHL?

A three day vacation just before playoffs to rest his upper body injury

We did have a fan base like Seattle, it was in 2011 when we had a championship team.

The only reason Seattle has had such a big crowd is because of there recent success. To be honest iv never heard of the 12th man since a couple years ago but I'm not much of an nfl fan.

Well when you have a 4-12 record back in 09 and still sell out the place, It wasn't for their success story. Seahawks fans been like that since the begining. Even when they had crap teams they STILL sold out their pre season games.

You think the only reason Seattle has a big Crowd is their recent success? How would you know that if your not a fan of the NFL? The 12 th man been around since they were playing in the Kingdom. Way back in the 80's.

Let's see:

82: 4 game blowout (Canucks weren't even expected to contend - Cinderella team).

94: Seven games series. Linden carried the team on his back, and Lafayette nearly tied it up, but the damned crossbar. 3-2L against the NY Rangers.

2011: drubbed 4-0 in Game 7 versus Boston.

Can you guess which my favorite team is? Yes, I've lived through each one of those SC finals as a fan. And after 45 years I wonder if the Canucks have it in them. But will I forsake the team? HELL NO! But the losses and dead seasons keep mounting up and you start to wonder if the team has it in the tank to go all the way.

I'll never stop cheering for them, even if I go to the grave without seeing a Cup which it seems pretty likely at this point.

Archived