The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bloodborne [PS4]

DollarAndADream

maxresdefault.jpg

So, did anybody buy this game besides me here?

It's the successor to the Demon Souls and Dark Souls games, exclusive to the PS4.

It's just as god damn hard but it's beautiful.

It's basically the first AAA title to come to the next gen consoles, which is truly a next gen game and not a port or remaster. Averages 93 on Metacritic.

wfx15ry37h47akqihp7w.gif

Contemplated it, but it's the type of game I'd have to sit down and sink my teeth into for a good long 4-5 hour sesh at a time. Just not in the mood for those kind of games right now. Also, the backlog of indie's from PS+ is going to take a while for me...

Debating buying it, but exclusive games usually go on sale pretty fast. Although without PS+ I probably won't be able to get in on the sale (when there is one).

My friend still buys physical games so maybe when he shelves it I'll borrow it. Im still obsessed with GTA 5 online and Destiny though.

It's basically the first AAA title to come to the next gen consoles, which is truly a next gen game and not a port or remaster. Averages 93 on Metacritic.

This frustrates the hell out of me and has to stop. Think about how anything has changed within 10 years. Cars, TV's, Appliances, Networks, Phones, Computers ect. Consoles aren't any different. Pretty frustrating having the new machines' games hindered because it's also being made on a console that was made in 2005.

Imagine a car part that was made today and had to be made compatible with the 2005 version of that car. Wouldn't be nearly as efficient.

All I was saying was that it's the first game that isn't a port from the PS3/360 that's been greatly praised overall. It's the only thing over 90 on Metacritic at least, besides GTA which is a last gen game. Although, it goes without saying that reviews don't always matter because everyone has their own tastes.

But yeah, the game is difficult. It's not ridiculously difficult like the Dark Souls and Demon Souls games, but the difficulty is still there. It's more challenging than it is difficult. With enough time and patience you can figure out each boss and enemy's attack patterns. You just have to be patient when you're attacking things and not get too aggressive.

I've never really been for this type of game either. I couldn't get much into Demons or Dark Souls, but Bloodborne just has this different feel to it. I love the game.

Yeah I know what you meant about the port. Im just sick of games still being made on last gen. It really does hurt the potential of games.

Bloodborne seems like the type of game I wouldn't be able to put down though :/ haha

Yeah I know what you meant about the port. Im just sick of games still being made on last gen. It really does hurt the potential of games.

Bloodborne seems like the type of game I wouldn't be able to put down though :/ haha

Yeah, a couple of my buddies haven't been able to put it down.

I probably wouldn't put it down if I had the time to play more.

But yeah, I wish games like Battlefield or Call of Duty would make the jump to next gen for sure. Having to have the games on the PS3/360 just holds them back.

• 3 weeks later...

So I got this game and it is amazing.

IMO the only really hard part is in the beginning because they really don't tell you much of anything. You don't know the plot or what you are doing or where you should go. No real missions. No map. You have to find hidden areas. Etc. Etc. So I struggled a bit at first but once I got a feel for how this game is supposed to be played it isn't grueling or this brutal struggle despite it being a difficult game. It is very hard to put the controller down.

Archived