The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Recall] Sven Baertschi Recalled by Vancouver

Smiley2051

OMFG ITS HAPPENING .... Bye Bye Kenins. He hasn't played great at all lately.

New lines

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Baerstchi-Bonino-Vrbata

Higgins-Horvat-Hansen

Matthais-Vey-Dorsett

IMO I'd like to see a like of

Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata

You're being very kind to Kenins. IMO, he's stunk the joint out for the past week. He's hit the proverbial wall and he has looked like an AHLer trying to make a go of it in the NHL.

Just a few things I've seen...poor shot making; turnovers in all three zones; losing puck battles. He's been an anchor weighing down the Horvat line. Looks like he's freelancing by himself on the ice.

hopefully Kenins...

His play with the puck has been very poor..betcha WD isn't impressed anymore with him.

Second line has been playing well, I see him fitting with Horvat and Hansen.

I'd nominate Vey or Dorsett.

I agree that putting in Baertschi for Kenins makes the most sense. Kenins has played hard but his early scoring reflected some very good luck and has dried up pretty much completely. As a result the Horvat line has not looked at all dangerous offensively for the last couple of weeks.

WIth the second line playing well and the Sedin line always dangerous (although a bit quiet recently), adding some offensive punch to the Horvat line could be very valuable.

Barring injury, Vey is not likely to come out until Richardson can play and Dorsett will not be coming out as the Canucks cannot afford to give up his grit. He is a tough, high enery guy who can play, so he stays in.

Might be one of the few that don't feel this is the right decision, nonetheless I am very excited to see what he can do! I wonder if he will remain in Vancouver throughout the season and playoffs, perhaps Linden and Benning want him to be around and get familiar with his new teammates in Vancouver. Hopefully he gets to play and doesn't sit in the press box, which I am afraid will happen a few games.

hopefully Kenins...

His play with the puck has been very poor..betcha WD isn't impressed anymore with him.

Noooooo, he's played the right way but just hasn't been able to score. The Puck either hits the post and bounces over his stick. He's dominating the opposition with scoring opportunities, they just aren't going in right now.

But I guess he could use a few games off to get his focus and confidence back.

Archived