The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Kings | 04/06/15 | 7:00 PM PST | SNP

Orka

ummm, yea. Pronger is now employed by the league. Oh, and yea, he is also a massive moron.

I guarantee no King or Duck is saying the league is against them.

Go spend some time on the Ducks or Kings forums. Both fans think there is a conspiracy against their team and the refs are biased towards them. That Pronger quote/paraphrase is correct. Every fanbase thinks the refs are against them. That's what happens when you have a large majority of people who understand the game and rules but have never actually had to ref a game before.

Go spend some time on the Ducks or Kings forums. Both fans think there is a conspiracy against their team and the refs are biased towards them. That Pronger quote/paraphrase is correct. Every fanbase thinks the refs are against them. That's what happens when you have a large majority of people who understand the game and rules but have never actually had to ref a game before.

^And - what would you expect from fans who live their lives in-and-around Hollywood and Disneyland,..the lands of 'make-believe'? They've had it so pampered and enabled...with sure-homers like Sutherland and the 2 Devorskis for a long while now. Check-out LA's home-W records vs road-W records... soooo skewed! Now, check-out how the DPS has treated 'em, too. Uh-huh...they will not be assessing them too harshly (Tofolli, Brown, Kesler, etc). Kings and Ducks are being enabled enough to be the 'far-edge-walkers' of the NHL - with confidence! Most NHL teams, other than the usual-suspects who regularly receive regular league-favor, have both records near or at par with one another. When there's a huge disparity, this can be telling...and something Stephen Walkom, as the head of officiating should scrutinize a little more carefully. Is there design in this, tho?

So - I believe that reality can bite 'em hard in the NHL's most favored So-Cal cities...where being 'delusional' is the norm. And btw - when will a 'loyal' and 'non-disgruntled' ex-Canuck player be appointed to sit upon the DPS, anyway? I'm waiting for that,..probably post-Bettman...then maybe change and or little more integrity in the NHL,.. will have arrived.

^And - what would you expect from fans who live their lives in-and-around Hollywood and Disneyland,..the lands of 'make-believe'? They've had it so pampered and enabled...with sure-homers like Sutherland and the 2 Devorskis for a long while now. Check-out LA's home-W records vs road-W records... soooo skewed! Now, check-out how the DPS has treated 'em, too. Uh-huh...they will not be assessing them too harshly (Tofolli, Brown, Kesler, etc). Kings and Ducks are being enabled enough to be the 'far-edge-walkers' of the NHL - with confidence! Most NHL teams, other than the usual-suspects who regularly receive regular league-favor, have both records near or at par with one another. When there's a huge disparity, this can be telling...and something Stephen Walkom, as the head of officiating should scrutinize a little more carefully. Is there design in this, tho?

So - I believe that reality can bite 'em hard in the NHL's most favored So-Cal cities...where being 'delusional' is the norm. And btw - when will a 'loyal' and 'non-disgruntled' ex-Canuck player be appointed to sit upon the DPS, anyway? I'm waiting for that,..probably post-Bettman...then maybe change and or little more integrity in the NHL,.. will have arrived.

Not sure why you're upset with me. I've stated a fact. Other teams fans believe this same garbage you're spewing. You can take the easy road out and say you're correct and they're "wrong" simply because they live in LA and therefore know nothing about hockey but it's just a cop out.

"pampered and enabled" sounds like Vancouverites.

As for the second bolded part, I don't know where to begin. How many ex players have sat on the DPS? 2? Shanahan and Pronger. So 2 out of 30 teams have had former players sitting on the DPS. Yeah huge conspiracy there buddy, Canucks really got shafted on that one. Keep going on believing there's a massive conspiracy against the Canucks; whatever floats your boat.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure why you're upset with me. I've stated a fact. Other teams fans believe this same garbage you're spewing. You can take the easy road out and say you're correct and they're "wrong" simply because they live in LA and therefore know nothing about hockey but it's just a cop out.

"pampered and enabled" sounds like Vancouverites.

As for the second bolded part, I don't know where to begin. How many ex players have sat on the DPS? Shanahan and Pronger.So 2 out of 30 teams have had former players sitting on the DPS. Yeah huge conspiracy there buddy, Canucks really got shafted on that one. Keep going on believing there's a massive conspiracy against the Canucks; whatever floats your boat.

Uh, never said anythin' about a conspiracy against the Canucks. I impled that there's enabling being done by the league in So-Cal and in the 0-6 markets...referencing some clear disparity between their home-vs-away records in those markets. I have also inferred that game-management skills are clearly being deployed by a number of carefully assigned senior referees who are jockeying for post-career league-jobs.

As to the leanings of the DPS,..check-out the long-term affiliations of these 'past' and 'present' DPS appointees.

Brendan Shanahan - (HART, NJ, STL, DET, NYR) *GM-Brian Burke's Capt in HART

Stephane Quintal - (BOS, STL, WIN, CHI, NYR, MON)

Brian Leetch - (NYR, BOS, TOR)

Chris Pronger - (HART, STL, ANA, PHI)*GM-Brian's star player in HART, ANA

Rob Blake - (LA, SJ, COL)

Mathieu Schneider - (MON, NYI, TOR, NYR, LA, DET) *made a pit-stop in PHO and VAN, but left VAN publicly disgruntled

BTW: ANA and SJ paid Brian Burke to be their 'advisor', while he was otherwise un-attaced. Money well-spent.

Non-NHL-players that we know of ...upon the DPS are:

Surprise! Patrick Burke, the 7-yr pro-scout for the PHI Flyers, but what other possible qualifications as a supposedly direct-peer to these NHL players, does this dude have...other than being Brian Burke's son?!

Damian Echeviareitta is a tech and rule-book wizard and long-time ally and friend of Brian Burke's going back to their time together with HART.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2013/12/11/nhl-player-safety-dept-tries-change-behavior-not-just-punish/LTbP6BhHUwuMVTuudaTTJL/story.html

Add a slew of non-publicly named persons who are the official 'game-watchers' of video or support-team members in hockty-ops... and NONE of these persons or the afore-mentioned DPS members are even listed on the DPS's own website. They're pretty much determined to shield themselves from being 'accountable' for the bias in their 'decision-making'....just like the NHLOA avoids accountability for theirs.

'NO LIST' or 'NO-NAMES' of all 'DPS' memmbers and their associated duties put on the DPS-site is the equivalent of 'NO NAMES' being placed upon the backs of the league's all-powerful hockey officials. At least the NHLOA lists referees and linesman by their #s. The DPS' configuration is FAR from transparent and almost as mysterious as the CIA.

What we have learned from the DPS's erratic, inconsistant and often 'suspect' rulings,...is that 'known' biases of ex-players are being seeded upon the DPS, likely by the design of league kingpins, like long-term NHL BOG Chairman-Jacobs, NHL-Commsioner Bettman and pet brain-trust Brian Burke...to "grow and prosper the league and the game" in certain places more than in others. That's how I see it. Little of what you say can change my mind on that.

Archived