The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Black Sails [GAME OVER]

SOB for MVP

For what it's worth:

I've only played ~ one week of Mafia.

I love the game. It's so fun to guess who to trust and not.

I don't agree with faking PM's; though Aladeen's tactic about "I'm gonna post the list if I'm alive" was hilarious. Virt's reply was "Why don't you just post it now?" :P

Of course this game allows tons of room for creativity, faking PM's, either through screenshots or otherwise, is difficult to police, so it's better that it's banned entirely.

Same with cheating; I think the issue with VICanuck is still cheating, though it was hardly intentional (based on his description). Normally, it would be a challenge to find reliable ways to trust someone. There is no rule in lying. There was a relatively unfair advantage in that he 'knew' she was TP when he wasn't supposed to.

Yet, it is difficult to police something like that by all the other members. There could be some collusion going on with some buddy-buddy members, which might be outside our control. But the fact that VI came clean about it says A LOT about him, in a positive way. It was the one time that it happened.

BM, on the other hand, did not. There's just no excuse. He abused the trust of a friend and the community members. What he should've done was pull himself out of games. Instead, he continued this for a very long time. I think he should be banned indefinitely (which he is). I think re-instating should happen, but not after 5 months because he was going away anyway. That, in itself, is not a penalty.

BM admitted he made a mistake afterward and agreed not to play in future games, so he should be allowed to return, but much much later.

We should seriously have an irl mafia party. Obviously with a lot of security. Mostly for catspajamas ;)

I'm afraid that you will get me to drink a roofie colada and I will wake up with you doing up your pants singing

"If you like penis alotta..." to the tune of Escape.

https://youtu.be/_WkR2Tv4dq4

Hmmm I can't seem to embed videos anymore wtfrack?

I'm gonna have to disagree with you on this one. Honestly why call out apples for doing that? Sure he may not have helped his team, but in the end, as much as we all love mafia, it's just a game. If he has more fun pursuing that objective, who are we to tell him how he should play? He didn't do anything against the rules.

It's understandable to be frustrated in the game and use that against him, but now that the game's over there's no need for you to go back and call him out.

Also, this is one of the very few times an objective based game like this has been introduced. It would be pretty fun to just straight for the objective IMO. If there were these objectives in every mafia game we play, then I can understand being frustrated with people not helping their team when they play mafia. Honestly though, this is a one time thing. Let it go.

Mafia is a team game just like hockey. When I am part of a team I put the goals of that team above mine and work with my team mates to achieve that?those goals.

If you consider putting your own interests above the team that's fine but do not be surprised when I say that you are selfish and are letting your team down. To try to vote a team mate out is a total betrayal in my book and I hate being betrayed.

Maybe loyalty is not a big thing to you but I feel very strongly about this and as always I will speak my mind so people know where they stand with me.

To be fair, the goals were intended to test loyalties.

Mafia had goals intended to push individualism, however they went for the team win.

What sort of person do you want as a friend and/or a team mate ? One that displays loyalty no matter what or one that will betray you ?

Archived