The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Black Sails [GAME OVER]

SOB for MVP

Plz stop... Did you just compare mafia to... hockey? Lol they are nothing alike!

Maybe if hockey is played with everyone wearing different coloured jerseys and no one knows who's on their "team" and who's trying to kill them.

Loyalty's cool and all, but the point of mafia isn't to be loyal.Stop putting yourself on a moral pedestal where you look down upon everyone who doesn't live up to your definition of "loyalty" on an internet forum

And generally, I think you're just taking this game way too seriously and trying to put into real life context without reason. Take a step back, let people play how they wanna play. If you don't like it, you're free to call them out in the game. But when the game is over and done with, let it go and move on. .

You just don't get it JL.

You are welcome to your opinion as I am mine , you have voiced yours and continue to while you are asking me to stop voicing mine :picard:

Meanwhile mr steady Stanton is chillin in the press box while we pay a guy half as good has him 7X his salary... Good times.

OMG yes. Stanton is capable of making mistakes himself but he is a better hockey player than Sbisa (and gets better results). He is bigger, plays tougher, throws big hits, makes better passes, hits the net with his shot and stands up for his teammates. Stanton must have some sort of character flaw that is alienating him from the coaching staff, only thing I can think of.

I'm in

Also, Willie Desjardins is a ???? idiot. How the hell do you play Derek Dorsett more at ES than Daniel Sedin in a playoff game? ???? ridiculous

It's maddening. I've never heard of another coach who has this peewee type mentality where everyone needs to get their share of ice-time. It's a shame because I think WD's a damn good coach in every other aspect. He seems to be getting a lot out of the players, and I approve of his system in general.

Unfortunately, he's letting Hartley dictate the match-ups despite having home-ice advantage, and this could be something that ends up costing us the series. The Sedin line was feasting on the Flames all night, yet they see the least ice-time out of any line in the third period? Absolutely disgusting.

OMG yes. Stanton is capable of making mistakes himself but he is a better hockey player than Sbisa (and gets better results). He is bigger, plays tougher, throws big hits, makes better passes, hits the net with his shot and stands up for his teammates. Stanton must have some sort of character flaw that is alienating him from the coaching staff, only thing I can think of.

I'm convinced that there's something going on with management here. Benning obviously sees a lot of upside in Sbisa, and it wouldn't surprise me if he was pushing WD to give him as much ice-time as possible. I say this because I don't believe any coach could possibly watch Sbisa over a full season and think that he's a capable NHL defenseman. The guy is among the worst in the league in virtually every metric, and looks terrible with the eye test to boot. Ugh.

I agree that Stanton is better value wise than Sbisa.

But I don't think Sbisa is nearly as bad his advanced stats show. The eye test doesn't agree with the stats IMO. Keep in mind, his advanced stats are degraded by having to play top 4 minutes most of the season with injuries, when he isn't ready for the role just yet. He played against tough competition and gets more defensive zone starts. Stanton gets much easier minutes and zone starts.

I don't like how Sbisa played near the end of last game. If that continues, then maybe benching him would be a good idea. But for the first 2 periods and the last few regular season games, he played pretty well.

Sbisa's bigger and throws bigger hits actually. Stanton is a toughie though.

Is anyone getting a new mafia game going soon? I've got an idea for one. Have everything written out and ready to go. I'd like to have someone shadow/advise/co-host to ensure everything runs smoothly. I can host the next game or any after. Max 28 players.

I can shadow you foxy lady I'm not gonna play next game

Is anyone getting a new mafia game going soon? I've got an idea for one. Have everything written out and ready to go. I'd like to have someone shadow/advise/co-host to ensure everything runs smoothly. I can host the next game or any after. Max 28 players.

I can shadow/co host if you want

Sbisa's bigger and throws bigger hits actually. Stanton is a toughie though.

They have the same ht and wgt on Eliteprospects but Stanton seems bigger/plays bigger than Sbisa (I would def argue that Stanton not only hits harder but is tougher). As far as play on the ice is concerned though, Stanton is clearly superior.

Weber and Bieksa were both worse than Sbisa that game. Questionable coaching and a lack of finish.

I agree with this though. Weber and Hamhuis were terrible. Bieksa struggled a bit but his gaffes didn't hurt the team as badly as these two.

Ok awesome! I'll put the finishing touches on it tonight, message Dr.Stangelove and Aladeen, have the game up tomorrow.

You probably don't need 2 cohorts unless you're really into threesomes. Dr. Strangestealaladeensthunder will do a great job I'm sure :P

Archived