The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rob Ford appointed to Hockey Hall of Fame’s board of directors

good on the guy. don't think his life should be completely ruined cause he smokes a bit of crack

Because a 'bit of crack' is illegal and ruins people's lives?

But I do agree with you - drugs aren't the problem here. His lifestyle is.

Hey Folks,

First Rogers communications takes us off of prime time TV, and now the former mayor is being considered to be on the board of director for the HHOF? What has the city of Toronto come to?Almost worse than the riots in vancouver a couple of years ago, am I right?

Hey Folks,

First Rogers communications takes us off of prime time TV, and now the former mayor is being considered to be on the board of director for the HHOF? What has the city of Toronto come to?Almost worse than the riots in vancouver a couple of years ago, am I right? a troll?

Yup.

Didn't he keep toronto out of the red? Guy might like to party and I can't fault him for the "all you can eat P****" but if he does his job and keeps his private life private this time; who cares???

His private life is far from PRIVATE. How many consecutive days was this guys mug in the news leading to the GTO civic elections? I don't smoke crack, "oh yes, I admit I have"

Hey Folks,

First Rogers communications takes us off of prime time TV, and now the former mayor is being considered to be on the board of director for the HHOF? What has the city of Toronto come to?Almost worse than the riots in vancouver a couple of years ago, am I right?

Well here's the thing....the idiots rioting did so on their own clock and were not appointed as Mayor? It's a little different...young drunk people trashing stuff on their own time and someone on the taxpayer's clock carrying on as Ford did.

I'm sad that you don't see the difference, but nice try at a troll job. If you're here to stir the pot it'll be short lived.

Welcome?

Well here's the thing....the idiots rioting did so on their own clock and were not appointed as Mayor? It's a little different...young drunk people trashing stuff on their own time and someone on the taxpayer's clock carrying on as Ford did.

I'm sad that you don't see the difference, but nice try at a troll job. If you're here to stir the pot it'll be short lived.

Welcome?

Im sensing some more saltiness in the air,

and to answer your question with regards to the correlation of my response and how "I do not see the difference", it is as following. The decision to riot in the city of Vancouver was an ignorant thing to do for the citizens involved. As well as for the individuals who thought that Rob Ford would be a great asset to the Hockey Hall Of Fame as a Board of directors Member.

I am sad that you did not see the correlation between the two topics before with my first statement, but I hope that this now clears things up.

Im sensing some more saltiness in the air,

and to answer your question with regards to the correlation of my response and how "I Do not see the DIfference", it is as following. The decision to riot in the city of Vancouver was an ignorant thing to do for the citizens involved. As well as for the individuals who thought that Rob Ford would be a great asset to the Hockey Hall Of Fame as a Board of directors Member.

I am sad that you did not see the correlation between the two topics with my response before, but I hope that this now clears things up.

The thing with the Vancouver riot was there was a lot of high emotions running about. The Canucks had lost the Finals for the third time, in Game 7 no less.

I doubt the HHOF was an emotional decision.

The thing with the Vancouver riot was there was a lot of high emotions running about. The Canucks had lost the Finals for the third time, in Game 7 no less.

I doubt the HHOF was an emotional decision.

Do you know what "Ignorant" means?

The definition of Ignorant is "lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated", How is this in anyway, shape, or form involved in emotional status of an individual's mind?

My remark was solely made against the unintelligent decision to proceed with a riot in the city of Vancouver, There is no need to do that under any circumstance. As well as the Ignorant decision for the group of individuals who nominated Rob Ford to be on the board of directors for the HHOF. How anyone thought that Rob Ford would be a benefit and crucial asset to the HHOF is beyond my knowledge.

My remark was solely made against the unintelligent decision to proceed with a riot in the city of Vancouver, There is no need to do that under any circumstance. As well as the Ignorant decision for the group of individuals who nominated Rob Ford to be on the board of directors for the HHOF. How anyone thought that Rob Ford would be a benefit and crucial asset to the HHOF is beyond my knowledge.

Yes, it was unintelligent. But when emotions are running that high, few people tend to think intelligently.

And since Rob Ford was put on the Board in a non-voting capacity, I don't think it's ignorant either. He'll likely perform very well on the business side of things.

Archived