The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

All the info for the final days (Ottawa Edition)

nope

Ottawa just need 3 wins and Pittsburgh or Boston or even Detroit if they lose today to go 1-2 in their final 3 games

3 wins for Ottawa 98 points

1-2 for Boston Pittsburgh or Detroit if they lose today 97 points

Mathematically....sure....but this is their easiest opponent. The others won't cough up points and will be fighting hard.

It is why I said, "pretty much."

Mathematically....sure....but this is their easiest opponent. The others won't cough up points and will be fighting hard.

It is why I said, "pretty much."

my bad

honestly out of the 3 if Detroit loses tonight i could see Pittsburgh dropping out they have a guaranteed win against Buffalo and then Ottawa and the Islanders 2 teams capable of beating them in their current state

Detroit has it easier with 2 games against Carolina 1 against Washington and 1 against Montreal

I like it Where's Wellwood!!

Careful though Elvis should be here any minute to rip on this like he did the one I started for the Canucks.

Good point to bring up that the Magic Number thread covers this one as well, thanks for mentioning it. The discussion that is there is more Canucks focused however, so maybe we can keep the discussion here about Ottawa.

Just in case the OP hasn't seen it: http://forum.canucks.com/topic/364117-official-2014-2015-nhl-magic-number-chart/

But I was hoping Ottawa would get in earlier in the year, and they still have a chance now. They're on the bubble though.

I'd like to see Ottawa get in, but at the expense of the Bruins and not the Pens

Absolutely, that was my hope as well when the Bruins were struggling. Could still happen though.

But I was hoping Ottawa would get in earlier in the year, and they still have a chance now. They're on the bubble though.

Absolutely, that was my hope as well when the Bruins were struggling. Could still happen though.

I think that it would be pretty awesome to see Ottawa, Montreal, Vancouver, Winnipeg, and Calgary all make it this year after last year having only montreal.

Only thing that would suck about it is that nucks-flames and habs-sens likely face each other losing two canadian teams by 2nd round.

Its about damn time a cup was won in Canada, even if it wasn't the canucks.

I think that it would be pretty awesome to see Ottawa, Montreal, Vancouver, Winnipeg, and Calgary all make it this year after last year having only montreal.

Only thing that would suck about it is that nucks-flames and habs-sens likely face each other losing two canadian teams by 2nd round.

I'd be fine with Montreal or Winnipeg winning. The Oilers/Flames/Leafs/Sens on the other hand can go **** themselves feel me?

I thought it would be NYR-OTT and MTL-PIT/BOS?

If the Sens make it.

I went to the Sens/Lightning game on Friday, it wasn't nearly as exciting as some of the others they've played lately but if they end up not making it in after this run it'll be such a shame. All the OT wins, the Hammond story, plus it's hard not to like guys like Turris, Stone, Karlsson, Methot.

Between them making this run (they were 19 points of of a playoff spot not long ago), the Jets looking like they'll FINALLY get a playoff series and the Canucks making it back I am looking forward to these playoffs more than I have since 2011.

I was hoping for Detroit over PIT/BOS, but yeah. I always assumed NYR would be tops in the conference.

You are right the sens would play NYR. Ig sens get in NYR should be a little nervous. Talk about a team on fire right now.

Theres still hope for 5 canadian teams to make it.

Archived