The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sabres Loss Tonight Clinches McEichel Pick

The best laid plans! Buffalo was so thourough in their planning for McDavid and it blew up in their

faces. It has to be karma. They got Perrault off a faulty roulette wheel instead of the Canucks! Not shedding any tears for the Sabres.

I think the plan was to get either McDavid or Eichel.

I think the plan was to get either McDavid or Eichel.

Some people have a hard time understanding the name "McEichel".

The Sabres owner and GM Tim Murray wanted McDavid badly, but the whole point of the Sabres tanking to last place this year was because there were/are two generational talents. Several other teams tried, but the Sabres were the one's who succeeded.

The best laid plans! Buffalo was so thourough in their planning for McDavid and it blew up in their

faces. It has to be karma. They got Perrault off a faulty roulette wheel instead of the Canucks! Not shedding any tears for the Sabres.

Really? There are people in Vancouver playing the "league hates us" card even from 1970? The wheel spin was fine. Here's the video of it on CanucksTV:

I'm not worried. I can't wait to watch Eichel play. He's supposed to be only a half step below McDavid in terms of talent and play.

You can tell Murray was gunning for McDavid though lol. He had no interest even thinking about losing Connor and getting Eichel as a consolation.

He even said after he lost the lottery he was sorry to Buffalo fans lol. And the way he talked about McDavid leading up the draft, that's all he ever thought about. Had a boy crush more than anything and it was borderline creepy. Feel sorry for the Sabres faithful but glad TM never got what he ultimately wanted. There goes the thought of Kane being centered by McDavid :P

Not really Karma, just odds. 20% odds to win the lottery, but 80% chance to lose it. It's simple math. I've been saying for months now that the Sabres weren't going to get the first pick. I honestly thought that Toronto was going to end up with it.

No way did I think that the Oilers would get their 4th win in 6 years though. That caught me off guard big time.

Archived