The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eddie Lack has to start the playoffs.

People saying lack has got us here are surely mistaken. Miller has 28 wins, in 44 starts for 57%

Eddie has 17 wins in 34 starts for 50%

Miller's stats are extremely skewed by the blowouts early on which where full team collapses.

Miller is the teams starter. If he's 100%, you run with him and get that cup.

Eddie was winning behind an AHL defense when injuries were rampant, and he was instrumental in winning the biggest games of the season against LA. Last night would have been a guaranteed loss had Eddie not been lights out in the second period.

The team plays hard for him, the fans love him, and he's in game shape.

I will take that any day over a cold Ryan Miller who hasn't played a game in weeks.

Eddie's play was key in getting into the playoffs. He deserves the net in Game 1.

Canucks need to stop the politics with goalies. It should be a meritocracy. Play the guy who has the best chance to win

"Miller's stats this year are still better and he is a veteran goalie."

I disagree. Lack's SVP% is .919. Miller's is a very average .913.

Also, Lack has 10 less starts and has faced 3 more shots than Miller, further proof that the D hasn't played that well in front of Eddie.

Lack > Miller.

The save percentage is so close, that .919 = .913

You are saying Lack is greater because of 1 stat where he is .006 better?

Way to ignore the rest.

The save percentage is so close, that .919 = .913

You are saying Lack is greater because of 1 stat where he is .006 better?

Way to ignore the rest.

Over 1000 shots, that's 6 goals. Do you want the guy that will make those six saves or let in six goals?

Sadly, either am I :picard:

That would actually be great! No reason to trade Markstrom, Miller's $6m goes on the LTIR...and we keep all three at least until the deadline! Brilliant! :lol:

No, no they're not.

But yes he is. At this point though I think I'd play the younger, better goalie with better stats who's still improving over the lesser, cold vet coming off a serious injury and is declining with age.

You keep spouting this nonsense. Winning % is a team stat, not a goalie stat and entirely lacking context in reference to the goalies performance.

GAA and SV% are goalie stats and Lack's numbers are superior. The only thing Miller has over Lack is experience at this point.

Yes...yes they are.

Miller has a better GAA.

He has 6 shut outs in 44 games played.

Lack, 1 shut out in 40 games.

Like I said, they are virtually the same but Miller has the overall edge and has played in 53 play off games.

Lack? ZERO playoff experience.

LOL - .006 sv % is superior?

Over 1000 shots, that's 6 goals. Do you want the guy that will make those six saves or let in six goals?

I want the guy that doesn't let in a weak goal and we're down 1-0 in a play off game.

Edit: Again, I already said to play Lack - but he's NOT superior - yet.

I want the guy that doesn't let in a weak goal and we're down 1-0 in a play off game.

Edit: Again, I already said to play Lack - but he's NOT superior - yet.

Eddie has the better SV%, therefore, he's less likely to let that goal in than Miller.

Miller's been out for too long, so I think they go with Lack to begin with.

Just be thankful that we have Miller to step in if Lack starts looking 'fatigued' again.

As long as Markstrom's bum is in the press box, I'm happy.

Miller's been out for too long, so I think they go with Lack to begin with.

Just be thankful that we have Miller to step in if Lack starts looking 'fatigued' again.

As long as Markstrom's bum is in the press box, I'm happy.

If Miller's back, Markstrom's bum will likely be in Utica.

We all know how irrelevant season stats are when it comes time to play playoff games The only question is which goalie the team feels more confident playing in front ofhe will be the guy. Team can't afford to spend a few seconds faffing around in the D zone o compensate for even a slight defecit in confidence.

Eddie has the better SV%, therefore, he's less likely to let that goal in than Miller.

He let in the goal last game...if his stick was down - that wouldn't have gone in - and how many of the 27 out of the last 36 games has he let in the 1st goal?

Guess we should bring Luongo back, as he's less likely to let in "that goal" based on save pct alone.

If they were both playing and Miller never got injured, you start Miller, hands down.

But the circumstance has presented itself nicely for Lack. He's been lights out and has gained a tremendous amount of confidence down the stretch. He's the more healthy goalie, and he's the hot hand right now.

Start Lack for game 1, if he falters, we have a proven NHL starter to take over. Not a bad situation to be in at all.

If they were both playing and Miller never got injured, you start Miller, hands down.

But the circumstance has presented itself nicely for Lack. He's been lights out and has gained a tremendous amount of confidence down the stretch. He's the more healthy goalie, and he's the hot hand right now.

Start Lack for game 1, if he falters, we have a proven NHL starter to take over. Not a bad situation to be in at all.

Exactly.

Sadly, either am I :picard:

That would actually be great! No reason to trade Markstrom, Miller's $6m goes on the LTIR...and we keep all three at least until the deadline! Brilliant! :lol:

No, no they're not.

But yes he is. At this point though I think I'd play the younger, better goalie with better stats who's still improving over the lesser, cold vet coming off a serious injury and is declining with age.

You keep spouting this nonsense. Winning % is a team stat, not a goalie stat and entirely lacking context in reference to the goalies performance.

GAA and SV% are goalie stats and Lack's numbers are superior. The only thing Miller has over Lack is experience at this point.

Again just to be clear. I'm not knocking Eddie.

In my opinion winning is far more important. That's what gets you in the playoffs, not a good gaa or s%

Anyways I just want the team to win and don't care which goalie starts. My opinion is though, if Miller is 100% healthy; he should start.

Lack doesn't have to start the playoffs. Miller could come back and start right away despite missing all that time.. But Lack has certainly earned to start Games One and Two of the playoffs if we make it.

And let's not forget the confidence Lack has given to this team by actaully beating LA Kings twice.

In one of the post game shows last night they said that Eddie has played against the Kings in 7 games, not always as starter.

They've only gotten one by him in 6 of the 7 games. Quick might be meaner but Lack has him on reach.

In one of the post game shows last night they said that Eddie has played against the Kings in 7 games, not always as starter.

They've only gotten one by him in 6 of the 7 games. Quick might be meaner but Lack has him on reach.

Another way to look at it is because this is only Lack's 2nd season, the opposition doesn't have a lot of game footage to look at - plus Lack has been improving rapidly - which means looking at film from 6 months ago is outdated.

That is a benefit

Guest Dasein

Have to get Miller a regular season game in, but I would go with Lack in game 1 of the playoffs

It is Lack's to lose right now, but we need Miller to feel it a bit with a regular season game before hitting the playoffs so that if/when Lack struggles, he can step in and take over

Miller has been our number 1 all season. I think WD has done a fantastic job in smoothing out the endless controversy that always seems to surround this team. Seems to have silenced the media idiots that constantly want to stir this pot.

That being said, Lack has proven to me that he can get up for big games and play well. That game last night had tremendous pressure, and he rose above in a big way after that rather weak goal.

Personally, I think you run with Lack, unless Miller is 100%. If Lack falters mid round with a horrific effort, you come back with Miller.

Seriously though, why must we always make mountains out of molehills where our goaltenders are concerned? Does anybody TRULY care what name is on the guys' back, so long as we're winning? I honestly could care less.

Archived