The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Eddie Lack has to start the playoffs.

If it were any other situation Miller would probably start. Considering these circumstances Lack should start.

Miller hasn't played in over a month. He is coming off an injury. The only competition he could get before the playoffs are two bottom teams. Even Miller stated that he does not want to be a liability if he were to come back.

Play Lack. If Lack falters then we have Miller.

2 solid goalies are better than one. So happy we have the both of them.

Miller is the starter of this team. He starts.

I'll take a clutch Silver medalist over a still unproven Lack.

Lack is doing exactly what he's supposed to do if he wants to be employed by an NHL team.

Miller is the #1 goaltender on this team.

With such a d!ck move as to start Lack in stead of a benched and healthy Miller during the playoffs insures that never again will another free agent goaltender look at Vancouver in a positive light.

Luonsaga #2?

No thank you.

This!

So much this... This fan base will only learn once we have lost Schneider, Luongo, Miller, and no big name FA goalie will sign here.

Ok so here it is:

Play Lack

Piss off Miller

Trade Lack

Trade Miller

End up with Markstrom and Eriksson to start the 2015-16 campaign.

Nah, trade Lack 3/4 of the way through 2015-16. Then play Markstrom and Eriksson for the rest of the year and sign a #1 veteran to a ludicrous contract in the summer of 2016.

I'm a huge supporter of Eddie Lack and his play. (see my thread about him proving he is a #1 goalie)

But that doesn't mean he starts before a Veteran with many more seasons as a #1 under his belt.

Thank goodness we have a coach and GM who aren't going to get themselves into another goaltending controversy.

They will play Lack till they get a chance to fit Miller in... and then Miller will be given the opportunity to take the #1 spot back.

Hopefully Miller will start the last game of the regular season.

Agreed that miller has been great this year but you roll with the hot hand (I don't want to see a cold goalie start the playoffs), it's just unfortunate for miller that he was hurt when he was.

Next year it's another story and miller is our starter bar any trades.

This, for sure.

If Eddie falters, absolutely, swap them out. But he's in the zone right now where as Miller will be rusty. Now is not the time to play catch up, it's full throttle.

I have no problem with them switching to Miller as soon as things start to shift with Eddie, but you go with him until they do in my view. No controversy here because it's actually not a bad position to be in.

Which is... not soon? I honestly don't think Miller is even fit. There's no question in my mind who starts, and it's the only one who's healthy.

agreed, at this point starting Miller would be foolish. he's not even close to being game ready, regardless of his injury. I think Eddie gets at least games one and two, possibly the whole first round if they are successful.

Miller is the starter of this team. He starts.

I'll take a clutch Silver medalist over a still unproven Lack.

Lack is doing exactly what he's supposed to do if he wants to be employed by an NHL team.

Miller is the #1 goaltender on this team.

With such a d!ck move as to start Lack in stead of a benched and healthy Miller during the playoffs insures that never again will another free agent goaltender look at Vancouver in a positive light.

Luonsaga #2?

No thank you.

What a reactionary, oversimplified load of nonsense devoid of context.

you win the interwebz

i would play Lack until if/when he falters and then get Miller in there.

if Miller starts, i will also respect that and back him 100%

its nice to have 2 real good options.

It's not only nice but necessary, that's why they absolutely had to sign someone like Miller this year and they got the best option on the market.

big Eddie supporter here, but the only problem I have with him is(and its a big one) is that he is as slow as molasses stretching post to post following the puck behind the net... its scary. But he's done amazing for us. I don't think miller will get into any games before playoffs.. and I don't want to start him in game one after two months off. I am confident in both.

every year the retards in Vancouver starts a goalie controversy fans and media alike.. where did the last one get us? oh right we lost both Luongo and Schneider for basically Matthias Horvat, and part of Luongo's salary for the rest of his contract.. now we want to start another controversy so we unload lack in the off season and Miller request a trade right afterward? Benning is not going to get rid of Miller.. it is his prized signing of his first GM tenure.. Who cares which goalie plays? if Miller is ready? sure play him.. if he have any hiccup play Lack.. and vice versa.. it's good to know we have 2 goalies ready to go into the playoff and either one can step in when 1 struggle.. why the hell are we trying to create a controversy here before heading into the playoff

I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to go with Miller. If he's 100%.

As much as Lack has proven himself, I can't see the GM/owners keeping Miller on the bench. He was the biggest $ FA they signed last summer. Specifically for experience.

Either way, Canucks are solid in net. Other areas like the PP, face-offs, bench minors, etc.... are things we should probably be more concerned about.

you start the guy that is hot going into the playoffs and Lack is that guy.

Milsy has no choice but to wait it out and may not get a start at all if Lack is solid all the way through

This.

I don't see why we would do anything else. Sure, when Miller is on his game, he's great. But let's face it, he's been inconsistent this season, which is a big reason why his numbers aren't great. Lack has played basically as many games as Miller this year, and even though WD have been playing the $&!# out of him since the Miller injury, he's still performing. Sure he'll have a few performances like the Winnipeg one, but that's normal when you're playing like 10 games in a row before the coach will give you a rest. I seriously doubt Miller would have played better than Lack over the course of this time if he could have played. He's by no means the undisputed starter of this team IMO, at least not right now. I'd rather go with the hot goaltender that wins games (hey, wasn't that the most important thing when Millers numbers weren't great at the beginning of the season?), instead of the guy who's been injured for over a month with a quite serious injury. Miller is a good goaltender, but he's not amongst the leagues best anymore, therefore, you gotta go with the hot guy until he is not hot anymore.

every year the retards in Vancouver starts a goalie controversy fans and media alike.. where did the last one get us? oh right we lost both Luongo and Schneider for basically Matthias Horvat, and part of Luongo's salary for the rest of his contract.. now we want to start another controversy so we unload lack in the off season and Miller request a trade right afterward? Benning is not going to get rid of Miller.. it is his prized signing of his first GM tenure.. Who cares which goalie plays? if Miller is ready? sure play him.. if he have any hiccup play Lack.. and vice versa.. it's good to know we have 2 goalies ready to go into the playoff and either one can step in when 1 struggle.. why the hell are we trying to create a controversy here before heading into the playoff

Easy why people are creating a goalie controversy. There are people who want Lack to be #1 since he is younger and has potential, only way that is going to happen is if millers gone, only way miller's gone is to claim that lack is better than miller, which can only be confirmed if Lack is played ahead of miller and make a big deal out of it, finally let the media shred miller apart, and chose ensues where possibly Miller is traded.

my prediction is

The same process will probably happen in 2-3 years when Lack is 30 because everybody here believes players decline after they become 30 and we will have a younger goalie who is playing due to equally as good, So using the same principle another controversy will be started ultimately trading Lack 2-3 years after being declared the the starter and 1-2 years after signing a contract.

our defense is bad not our goalie

Hamhuis was horrible on that play. He's definitely lost a step since coming back from his groin injury. I think it's doubtful he get's re-signed when his contract expires. Bieksa is probably most likely to re-sign at a reasonable rate relative to his direct contributions to the team moving forward.

I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to go with Miller. If he's 100%.

As much as Lack has proven himself, I can't see the GM/owners keeping Miller on the bench. He was the biggest $ FA they signed last summer. Specifically for experience.

Either way, Canucks are solid in net. Other areas like the PP, face-offs, bench minors, etc.... are things we should probably be more concerned about.

Marco Sturm. Except Miller's better, a goalie, and signed for more. Also, he's stuck around longer.

Marco Sturm. Except Miller's better, a goalie, and signed for more. Also, he's stuck around longer.

Did you just compare Miller to Sturm?

Did you just do that?

Hey! Look! Sand! (Burry head in sand)

Archived