The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

South Carolina policeman shoots, kills fleeing African american on video

hsedin33

This is a very intelligent young man:

"People need to understand that not all officers are crooked, not all officers are racist, bad people. And not all people who get shot or tazed or arrested by officers are innocent victims, Stack said. "Just because you're black doesn't mean you're a victim, just because you're white doesn't mean you're a racist, just because you're a cop doesn't mean you're a bad person."

"People need to understand that not all officers are crooked, not all officers are racist, bad people. And not all people who get shot or tazed or arrested by officers are innocent victims, Stack said. "Just because you're black doesn't mean you're a victim, just because you're white doesn't mean you're a racist, just because you're a cop doesn't mean you're a bad person."

Thank you for that. Kudos for this guy posting that. It is very much needed.

He basically stated the obvious lol..

Not sure what intelligence has to do with this..

Anyone with an IQ bigger than their shoe knows people come in all different sizes and shapes... but common sense should be the measuring stick..

He's essentially just spouting common sense and therefore misses the point. Even if the vast majority of cops are decent, it only takes a few bad apples to do a lot of damage and create a pattern of violence and/or discrimination. We can't skirt around the problem just because "most cops aren't like that".

Maybe it's not his intention to gloss over the issue but I feel like his video will be used by people who want to do just that.

Zero collective identity and not very intelligent at all. Here is a quote from a MUCH more intelligent man:

He's essentially just spouting common sense and therefore misses the point. Even if the vast majority of cops are decent, it only takes a few bad apples to do a lot of damage and create a pattern of violence and/or discrimination. We can't skirt around the problem just because "most cops aren't like that".

It's never been about the corrupt cop. It's been about the corrupt POLICE. The institution as a whole. Police racism in Ferguson was institutionalized. It's hard for the average cop to be colour blind because he is taught to seek colour out.

It's never been about the corrupt cop. It's been about the corrupt POLICE. The institution as a whole. Police racism in Ferguson was institutionalized. It's hard for the average cop to be colour blind because he is taught to seek colour out.

Which is basically my point. It's great that he had a good experience, but that does not negate the pattern of racism and corruption that many other black people have been victims of.

I feel like most of this guy's fans are conservative types who just want to see their own views affirmed. The type of people who say "I'm not racist, I have black friends!".

Which is basically my point. It's great that he had a good experience, but that does not negate the pattern of racism and corruption that many other black people have been victims of.

I feel like most of this guy's fans are conservative types who just want to see their own views affirmed. The type of people who say "I'm not racist, I have black friends!".

Not only that, but he is exactly what white America wants. No sense of collective identity, Christian, trusting the existing authority...

Archived