The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Canucks Hockey a Struggle of Good Versus Evil?

hockeydude474

To the league, the canucks were the bad guys in 2011.[/quote

:o

We were but only on quest for the holy grail. How can such a nobel endeavour be perceived as evil? We slayed the Blackhawks from the lands of ch-ic-ago, then beat down the predator from Tennessee, and braved shark infested waters, to finally meet the bear in Bo's-ton. We fought valiantly, but we were pushed back to fight another day. This is our time! And we shall start by slaying the king or dousing the fires which have ravaged this year! Onwards! To victory!

We used to have Torres, Lapierre, Burrows, and Kesler all in one team. I'd say we were definitely the bad guys at some point.

Though if I had to say, the Original 6 are the "evil" ones. They obviously have favoritism.

Also, the NHL doesn't care for Van winning the cup since the franchise will keep making money. Unlike Chicago, Pittsburgh, or LA where the money stops flowing in if the teams become irrelevant.

To the league, the canucks were the bad guys in 2011.

Exactly this. I'm not sure if people on this board realize the extent of the hatred that a lot of hockey markets had towards Vancouver in 2011.

I think it says a lot when most of Canada was either apathetic or actively cheering against Vancouver in 2011.

From the ashes we will rise and slay our enemies. We are the only true good to have ever existed in the NHL. Before us there were only heathen teams undeserving of glory. It was not until 1970 that a truly heroic team emerged.

We will prevail.

Exactly this. I'm not sure if people on this board realize the extent of the hatred that a lot of hockey markets had towards Vancouver in 2011.

I think it says a lot when most of Canada was either apathetic or actively cheering against Vancouver in 2011.

Maybe it was better that we didn't win.

I don't know if I would go that far :)

I know. But if we had won, Vancouver might've rioted anyway, Canada already hated us, and we would have disgraced every Canadian Stanley Cup winner.

This year, we're a phoenix rising from the ashes. And there's four other teams that are probably making the playoffs. 2015 > 2011, as far as year to win the Stanley Cup goes.

Break out the coconuts, we ride to Camelot!!!

regards,

G.

PS - on second thought, let's not. It's a silly place...

"It's only a model..."

But back on topic.

I can see fans thinking the Canucks are the heroes and the other teams obstacles along the way, but not some villainous conspiracy to prevent us from ever lifting the holy grail. Or, considering some of the posts on CDC, maybe some do think that.

Archived