The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is Canucks Hockey a Struggle of Good Versus Evil?

hockeydude474

Yet here it still is... but at least this is an entertaining train wreck.

Exactly. You may think this thread is ridiculous and, indeed, I actually agree but that's exactly the point of making a thread like this. The topic itself is contentious and obviously a lot of people are going to read it, chime in, express hatred or confusion at the topic, or actively participate in what really could be an interesting discussion. In spite of any of that, the topic it self is novel and satirizes some of the systems of thought that I regularly see here. In the end the clear result is exactly that. "An entertaining train wreck".

Do I believe that hockey has good guys and bad guys. No, not literally, as good and bad is relative and not a normative value (nor something I actually want to promote here), but the general feeling from this forum is that people actually perceive Canucks hockey in that way - that is, a literal messianic battle between good and the forces of evil (composed of numerous intangibles that exist in the NHL universe such as Betman, the Refs etc). So while this thread, admittedly, is not completely serious, I don't want you guys to get the impression that i'm not trying to promote a serious discussion. The framework itself might be goofy but some really great answers have manifested here and it's exciting to see that people actually do have an opinion on this topic.

In short, thanks for participating.

Archived