The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CANUCKS OFFICIALLY CLINCH PLAYOFF SPOT....let the ascent begin

cuporbust

I would rather face Calgary than Winterpeg. We match up better imo. and wouldn't be as physical. "Monsters of the Midway" (Winnipeg) imo are Boston of a few years ago.

I would love for the Canucks to face Winnipeg, because for that to happen they would have already won at least one round.

Playing the Jets in the first round is not a possible option. It's only the Flames or the Kings.

You can't take any team lightly in the playoffs, obviously. But I would agree that the Canucks have an advantage against a team like the flames, especially with out Giordano. The Canucks are a hard team to play in a 7 game series. We have yet to lose 3 straight in the new year. If we can keep that trend rolling then who knows how far we'll go.

Anyone who take the Flamers lightly are fools. They have a team ID that has total buy-in by the roster. Their deep fore check will cause major trouble for weak d-zone coverage by Canuck defense. Their top line is one of the best in hockey this year.

1982, 1989, 1994, 2004.

All years where the Canucks and Flames played each other in the first round.

What so significant about that?

The winner went on to play in the Stanley Cup Finals.

History will be made.

No doubt the Flames aren't to be taken lightly. The thing is, in a 7 game series LA is probably the harder team to beat. Quick, Doughty, and Kopitar really take it to the next level... and Van just can't match their physical play.

It's not about taking the flames for granted or thinking they will be easy it's about which team deserves to be there.

The queens are only still in the race because of all those Loser points, and will also most likely get help from their 'Zebra' allies.

The flames have fought hard and deserve to be there.

Not to mention there would be no unfair calls, or game management, I highly doubt Buttman and his striped monkeys would mess with an all CDN series.

Plus the rivalry we once had with them will hopefully heat up again.

Selfishly I want to play them because my best friends a flames fan so it will make the series way more intense.

Woot go canucks go!

So Flames first round? Will we sweep the overachievers or will they manage to steal one win from us? That is the question at this point. At this point you gotta start believing and accepting that the Flames indeed are the scum of the league. No respect for those jokers and their inbred hick fans.

What an idiotic thing to say. While I can admire a bit of playful trash talking, you have taken it too far. The flames are far from the scum of the league, and although I doubt anyone is clamoring for your respect, being a BC boy living in Calgary I can tell you first hand how loyal and admirable their fan base is.

I'd also ad, every time I wear my Canucks jersey to a bar or to a game for the last 4 years I have never received even close to the disrespect you are doling out.

All 16 playoff teams are good teams (and some below the line are as well). It's a very competitive league, and all opponents will require a strong willed team game. I like either match up, but very much like the old rivalry back in gear. Looking at LA's game last night, I see why they're not in it.

I really hope we match up against Calgary. Would be nice to have as many Canadian teams in the playoffs, and they are our most beatable opponent. Most importantly though, my brother lives in Calgary so we can do a lot of trash talking :)

I also hope that Winnipeg makes it in, because they are Canadian... and they are a big tough team that matches up well against Anaheim. Getzlaf can;t just impose his will on a defence that size. Even if the Ducks win, they are going to be nursing some injuries and tenderized a little for their next opponent.

Once you get past the first round it is luck, injuries, and matchups... anyone can win.

So Flames first round? Will we sweep the overachievers or will they manage to steal one win from us? That is the question at this point. At this point you gotta start believing and accepting that the Flames indeed are the scum of the league. No respect for those jokers and their inbred hick fans.

Garbage.

While I have no love for Hartley, the Flames players have been incredible this season. Hardest-working team in the league and absolutely deserve a playoff spot and plenty of respect.

I wonder what ticket prices will be for the playoff. Will they jack up the prices like previous past years and have trouble selling.

You say: I wonder if they'll jack up the price for the playoffs.

I hear: I'M TOTALLY JACKED UP FOR THE PLAYOFFS! WOOOOOO!" This is the year! And if it's not this year it's NEXT year goddamnnit!

Archived