The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CANUCKS OFFICIALLY CLINCH PLAYOFF SPOT....let the ascent begin

cuporbust

Don't think it matters what the fans are saying/thinking; it's up to the team to prepare for whatever team they meet.

Seriously though, nobody in there right mind would rather go up against LA than Cal. Not unless they enjoy monster driven bone crunching checks on a continuous basis.

Regardless, LA not making the playoffs would be very delicious indeed!

1982, 1989, 1994, 2004.

All years where the Canucks and Flames played each other in the first round.

What so significant about that?

The winner went on to play in the Stanley Cup Finals.

History will be made.

If that trend holds true, then it's Vancouver's turn to go to the Finals! '82-Van, '89-Cal, '94-Van, '04-Cal, '15-VAAAAAAN!!!!

I have not seen anyone on these boards "take Calgary lightly". They're likely playoff bound, which means they're obviously a good team.

I'd rather play them for numerous reasons including less travel and a hopefully renewed classic rivalry. And while I (and no one else I've heard) think Calgary will be "easy", I do think they will be easier to beat than LA in a 7 game series.

Easier =/= easy.

@bo Horvat it's fine but it'll wear out quickly. I drive about 2 hours each day and by the end of the 2011 run they were all worn out. When they wear out it'll be a sign that we're deep into our Cinderella run though. So no complaints!

Time to dig up some old threads about how the Canucks won't make the playoffs this year

Or how the sedins are stale ROFL

You say: I wonder if they'll jack up the price for the playoffs.

I hear: I'M TOTALLY JACKED UP FOR THE PLAYOFFS! WOOOOOO!" This is the year! And if it's not this year it's NEXT year goddamnnit!

I heard the cheapest were from 85-115

So Flames first round? Will we sweep the overachievers or will they manage to steal one win from us? That is the question at this point. At this point you gotta start believing and accepting that the Flames indeed are the scum of the league. No respect for those jokers and their inbred hick fans.

Keep it civil mate. They may be heathens (unbelievers of the holy crusade of the Canucks), but they still deserve respect.

All of the "Expert Analysts" be it on the NHL network, TSN or Sportsnet were all wrong.

The only guy who was right...

4846-23Fr.jpg

John garret is by far my favourite TV personality. Really bothers me how shorty doesn't usually take his side.

Garret isn't a homer although everyone calls him one. He's just a preacher of the truth, as am I. Not a homer.

John The Truth Serum Garret.

Archived