The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CANUCKS OFFICIALLY CLINCH PLAYOFF SPOT....let the ascent begin

cuporbust

John garret is by far my favourite TV personality. Really bothers me how shorty doesn't usually take his side.

Garret isn't a homer although everyone calls him one. He's just a preacher of the truth, as am I. Not a homer.

John The Truth Serum Garret.

i like you but you are a homer man. Nothing wrong with that.

Garbage.

While I have no love for Hartley, the Flames players have been incredible this season. Hardest-working team in the league and absolutely deserve a playoff spot and plenty of respect.

Yep. Hartley has got to be front runner for the Jack Adams. I thought they were done when Giordano went out, but they have proved their mettle.

What an idiotic thing to say. While I can admire a bit of playful trash talking, you have taken it too far. The flames are far from the scum of the league, and although I doubt anyone is clamoring for your respect, being a BC boy living in Calgary I can tell you first hand how loyal and admirable their fan base is.

I'd also ad, every time I wear my Canucks jersey to a bar or to a game for the last 4 years I have never received even close to the disrespect you are doling out.

This^. I had a similar weekend there while wearing my jersey, right after we'd eliminated them from the playoffs.

A friendly, trash talking rivalry I think is great. A lot of my family lives out there and all their significant others are Flames fans and we always roast each other. Then there's that idiot above...

John garret is by far my favourite TV personality. Really bothers me how shorty doesn't usually take his side.

Garret isn't a homer although everyone calls him one. He's just a preacher of the truth, as am I. Not a homer.

John The Truth Serum Garret.

This team definitely exceeded expectations for me this year and I am in full homer mode (at least for me). But dude, you're a homer. Hahaha. It's great honestly, now that we've made it to the promised land. Now you can tell all the idiots who had not a single good thing to say about this team to suck it.

This team definitely exceeded expectations for me this year and I am in full homer mode (at least for me). But dude, you're a homer. Hahaha. It's great honestly, now that we've made it to the promised land. Now you can tell all the idiots who had not a single good thing to say about this team to suck it.

they will face the wrath of apollo

So Flames first round? Will we sweep the overachievers or will they manage to steal one win from us? That is the question at this point. At this point you gotta start believing and accepting that the Flames indeed are the scum of the league. No respect for those jokers and their inbred hick fans.

Agreed. If you ever read Calgary puck you'll see how garbage and classless those fans are whenever the canucks are brought up. Those fans deserve nothing but disrespect.

We definitely should not take them lightly. They are a well-coached team who have obviously bought into a system and believe in each other. They have the benefit of relatively low expectations, which they have already vastly exceeded, and probably don't have the kind of pressure that the Canucks might.

That being said, the Flames have also been playing at a notch or two above what you would expect, so you wonder if they have that extra gear to turn it up in the playoffs. We will see.

Go Canucks! But way to many ppl on here are taking Calgary too lightly if we match up rd 1.....

Uh no one wants LA in the playoffs. That's all.

Whoever the Canucks play in the first round or any other round will be tough opponent. That is what parity does. (After all, last night the conference doormat for the last 3 years (Edmonton) beat the most successful team on the Conference over the last 3 years (LA) in a game that was crucial for LA.

I think the key to any series will be based on whichever goaltender gets hot.

Like most people I would rather have the Canucks play Calgary than LA in the first round, but either opponent will be tough.

It's not possible to sink to their level. That's how classless and low flames fans are. The only rift raft you'll find at the bottom of the pool swimming with them are oilers and leafs fans.

Canucks fans really don't have that much to brag about (how many cups again?) and every fan base has its idiots. Leaf fans are amazingly loyal.

Canucks fans really don't have that much to brag about (how many cups again?) and every fan base has its idiots. Leaf fans are amazingly loyal.

Leafs fans can still be loyal and classless. Take the down goes brown fan/blogger. He constantly hates on the canucks.

https://twitter.com/DownGoesBrown/status/585254376295497728

W7jx5OT.jpg

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/predicting-and-breaking-down-the-nhls-first-playoff-round/

2. Canucks vs. Flames: 50.3 percent

The Flames are still in tough to make the playoffs, but if they do, it’s probably going to be against the Canucks. And that’s good news for the rest of us, because this is a fun rivalry with plenty of history. These teams have met in the playoffs six times, and the last three have been decided in overtime of the seventh game.7

More recently, these teams have some history, including the time then-Canucks coach John Tortorella tried to storm the Calgary dressing room. We’re not likely to get quite that level of bad blood in this one, but the odds are good that there will be some sort of blowup somewhere. And it goes without saying: These are two Canadian teams, which means every minor incident will get blown up into a full-scale Big Important Controversy.

This year’s Canucks have been an under-the-radar feel-good story, an aging core making the most of one last run even though we all agreed that their window had slammed shut years ago. Add in the fact that this year’s Flames are quite possibly the most likable team in the league, which will drive Vancouver’s notoriously thin-skinned fan base insane, and you’ve got a recipe for some great drama here.

That's ???? bull calling us thin skinned like there isn't any merit to defending ourselves from the constant classless attacks by people like him.

Archived