The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CANUCKS OFFICIALLY CLINCH PLAYOFF SPOT....let the ascent begin

cuporbust

Pretty sad that neither Sportsnet or TSN have any story about the Canucks clinching tonight. I'm pretty sure if it was any other Canadian NHL team, it would have been a leading story on these Canadian sports sites. On the other hand, less attention is probably better - we've reserved the underdog role this season.

Huh? After the oilers game finished sportsnet led with breaking news the canucks clinch. If you expected interviews with players and stuff I dunno how they would get that at this time of the night.

The Canucks have already surpassed my expectations this season. Everything else is gravy.

Pretty sad that neither Sportsnet or TSN have any story about the Canucks clinching tonight. I'm pretty sure if it was any other Canadian NHL team, it would have been a leading story on these Canadian sports sites. On the other hand, less attention is probably better - we've reserved the underdog role this season.

Actually, even SportsNet after the game with LA and Edmonton forgot to put the x beside the Canucks.

The kings are like the bad guy in horror movies - they keep popping out of nowhere when you least expect it, dont count them out till they are finally and officially dead and you see the credits scrolling.

If they beat the Lames on Thursday and then the Jets beat the Flames ... LA is in . Its not an entirely impossible scenario.

the important thing though is the Canucks are in for sure.

Even if that happens, Kings will still need at least a point against the Sharks.

And you just KNOW Sharks are going to try to make a statement there.

Ill tell you what , the nhl teams that are in the playoffs know how scary the vancouver canucks are .. no one wants to play us

I'm not buying that. The team nobody wants to play took a big step in missing the playoffs altogether tonight.

Seriously? Doughty was mouthing off about 2nd place? Little early for that (and now definitely not getting 2nd spot in division, lol)

Stoll and Quick both said they didn't just wanna make the playoffs they wanted home ice. Both said that before the 2-1 loss obviously.

Did doughty also say something during the game?

What a bunch of f*cktards lol. Love it.

Now ... We just need the flames to win one more game and then they can lose 5 straight. :D

I Doughty the kings make the show now. Suck on this loss Drew after all that big talk of home ice advantage during the intermission I hope your choking on some crow right now. Icing on the cake would be if Calgary puts them away for good loosing in overtime to the Kings because they only need the one point to clinch and rub it in by just pulling the goalie for Ot! So as not to risk injury.

Archived